Thread: Market clock and timing of your trades

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191

Market clock and timing of your trades

Hi, everyone!

Some people say that trading can provide “as much freedom, as you want”, which means that you can work from anywhere in the world at any time you want. Is it really true?

Well, of course you can work from any place of the world (where you can find stable internet connection), but what about “any time you want”?

Though, opportunities in global currency marketplace (Forex) occur almost throughout entire day, there are specific time periods when activity of the market dries up, and of course, there are most active periods when most major moves take place.

Below you see market clock - this picture is captured from market24hclock.com/ (useful widget, indicating time in different timezones)

h_1426239601_8759817_ff34e8bcf1.png

You see that activity on this clock is divided on specific timezones. It is pacific timezone (Sydney, Wellington), Asian timezone (Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong), European timezone (Frankfurt, London), US timezone (New York, Chicago).

As time goes by within a day, different financial institutions join the market, banks from different timezones start to exchange currency on a global market, bringing volumes and affecting the auction.

How does this information can help us in real trading?

US close - Pasific open

First of all, it’s useful to know the least active period, when it makes no sense to be involved in trading. It is time period between US session close and Asian session open. Nothing significant really happens within this time period. Honestly, I think that those traders in Australia or New Zeland face some problems in trading because of their timezone. Really, active trading session in US occurs when it is late night in Australia and New Zeland, and European session opens when it is about 11 pm in Sydney and Wellington.
    When it is daytime in Sydney, market is not moving, yet Australian traders can capture part of Asian session, which is more active than Pasific.

Asian trading session

Asian trading session is not very active, yet there are decent price moves in Japanese yen and Australian dollar (as well as New Zeland dollar) within that session, so it absolutely possible to work within that session. I know traders who live in Asian timezone and work exclusively with USDJPY.

Asian close - European open

Quite interesing time period for trading (except US open) occurs between completing of Asian session and begining of European session. So called “London pre-open” hours (aroung 6-7 am GMT) often generates much false breakouts. Big market players collect liquidity before opening of London, and can create false price moves to collect stops or involve traders in the game. “London fix” is the time when currency is delivered from one bank to another, so major market players can manupulate the market to push the price away from some levels before “London fix”. Also, large Fx options expire at that time, and regarding the fact that major financial institutions sell options (collecting premiums), they can protect some levels to let options expire worthless.
    I would advice you to be aware of manipulations before London open.

Us open

And, of course, the most active period in the marketplace is associated with US session. FED speakers, news announcements affect US dollar, and therefore, other currencies as well (as most currencies are quoted against US dollar).

The most active period of US session starts at 09-00 NY time, news are released before and afterthat time. At 10 am (NY time) large fx options expire, it is also important time.

It you trade breakouts or try to capture momentum, you have to be aware of news announcements, but nevertheless it would be best option for you to trade within the most active time period.
    If your trade with tight stops within a range, may be it would better for you to trade 2-3 hours after US session opens. It is considered as “Afternoon trading” in US, volumes are lower within this period and market usually moves sideways (not always, of course).

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 14
    It is a good thing to make mention here, the session of the market is a very god timing tool any trader can make a good point out of it, i trade based on the good sessions of US and UK too, it is part of my tradings, i make sure that the trades are not meeting the other sessions too, it all depends on how i make the signal and what i want to gain from it.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 32
    This is an interesting article. I enjoy reading such articles at Roboforex forum and am enjoying to work here. Forex trading can be done from anywhere and this makes it a great opportunity to earn money. Good trader is not means to make good profit . Good trader means who can earn regular , who can make a good plan, who can understand market. That is called good trader.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    This is an interesting article. I enjoy reading such articles at Roboforex forum and am enjoying to work here. Forex trading can be done from anywhere and this makes it a great opportunity to earn money. Good trader is not means to make good profit . Good trader means who can earn regular , who can make a good plan, who can understand market. That is called good trader.
    This is a god forex site to learn all you want. I have gained so many trust on this site as concerning what i did not know before i joined this site. Some important aspect is the indicator and formulation i realized to be true on this forum. It is teaching an opportunity to make money by experienced and newbies.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 504
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    This is a god forex site to learn all you want. I have gained so many trust on this site as concerning what i did not know before i joined this site. Some important aspect is the indicator and formulation i realized to be true on this forum. It is teaching an opportunity to make money by experienced and newbies.
    Oh yeah mate this is one of the best forum I have ever saw in my whol trading life, from here I have got a lot of knowledge speically about Emotoin control, trading strategies, and about technical analysis. Technical analysis is that which I mostly like in my trading system, and there are many threads about technical analysis here.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 216
    Given: 113
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Oh yeah mate this is one of the best forum I have ever saw in my whol trading life, from here I have got a lot of knowledge speically about Emotoin control, trading strategies, and about technical analysis. Technical analysis is that which I mostly like in my trading system, and there are many threads about technical analysis here.
    You are right Roboforex forum is an informative Forum for Forex traders. I think a lot of credit should go to our educator Valuetrader. All his articles are so informative, knowledgeable and helpful for all the traders. Just by reading an article I can say whether it is started by Value trader or any other member. I am so greatful to him that he shares his useful knowledge and experience with us. .

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 57
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPENSITY100 View Post
    You are right Roboforex forum is an informative Forum for Forex traders. I think a lot of credit should go to our educator Valuetrader. All his articles are so informative, knowledgeable and helpful for all the traders. Just by reading an article I can say whether it is started by Value trader or any other member. I am so greatful to him that he shares his useful knowledge and experience with us. .
    Yes friend Our educator, Valuetrader educates us with all that is necessary to trade Forex profitably. Quality learning is the one thing in forex trade that can turn a loser into a very profitable trader and it has to be understood that learning is not just for beginners, even advanced traders needs to continually learn new things or to improve on old ideas.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    Yes friend Our educator, Valuetrader educates us with all that is necessary to trade Forex profitably. Quality learning is the one thing in forex trade that can turn a loser into a very profitable trader and it has to be understood that learning is not just for beginners, even advanced traders needs to continually learn new things or to improve on old ideas.
    That is why Roboforex forum is so great for beginners. Demo account give us a great help, even in learning forex. If the high deposit in demo account is a problem, we can simply trade with a little money to be more realist and to avoid the big difference in the size of the deposit.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    as the good return with the monitoring of the market profile those to gives of the higher on sentiment with the trader as to defines of customs with the arrange on running of distinct of strategy as to enter with the range of session to earns with the good moderation as entering market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    I agree, some information given in the forum is such a helpful thing for newbies and veteran traders as well, it is just up to members how to use such information and combined it with their knowledge to be able to enhance his trading skills, in such way it can also help in building a good trading system.

Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast