Do you get frustrated looking at your charts? - Page 161
Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161
Results 1,601 to 1,601 of 1601

Thread: Do you get frustrated looking at your charts?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 9

Do you get frustrated looking at your charts?

Hello friends,

As a professional trader, I thought to give you some tips and probably you would share yours too so that it could increase my knowledge too.

As in the thread title, I asked that "Do you get frustrated when you look at your charts again and again?"

If yes, then you don't need to be worried anymore, because I know from where the problem is coming.

The problem is, you sit too much in front of your screen. 3-5 hours are too much to sit in front of your charts. Any normal person could start to be frustrated when they starts to spend too much screen-time as you do.

The key or a solution to this problem is really simple. You just need to be:

- Less worried about market.
    - Believe that you have in your luck, it is yours only. No one can take away it from you.
    - Check the market few times a day, each time, you can spend 5-10 minutes to your charts.
    - Check if your edge is presented in the market? if not, then walk away. Usually, waiting for your edge to come on charts by sitting many many hours in front of your charts will bring failure to your trades.

These are only few guidelines learnt from my 5 years of trading experience, and I hope that we all would discuss many many points in our comments, its just a start for discussion. Lets go in-depth!

PS: Some fellow posters might think that why I am here if I am a pro, right? Can't I fund my account with my own money? Well, the answer is straight forward, I am here to spend my time, and if I am going to earn for spending my leisure time with you, then what is wrong? It cannot change any fact but it will be beneficial for me and even for you because good discussions only brings happiness and knowledge. i do not, and wouldn't argue with anyone here just bcos I don't like to mess the purpose of discussion.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by princewahaj; 03-16-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 44
    Quote Originally Posted by princewahaj View Post
    Hello friends,

As a professional trader, I thought to give you some tips and probably you would share yours too so that it could increase my knowledge too.

As in the thread title, I asked that "Do you get frustrated when you look at your charts again and again?"

If yes, then you don't need to be worried anymore, because I know from where the problem is coming.

The problem is, you sit too much in front of your screen. 3-5 hours are too much to sit in front of your charts. Any normal person could start to be frustrated when they starts to spend too much screen-time as you do.

The key or a solution to this problem is really simple. You just need to be:

- Less worried about market.
    - Believe that you have in your luck, it is yours only. No one can take away it from you.
    - Check the market few times a day, each time, you can spend 5-10 minutes to your charts.
    - Check if your edge is presented in the market? if not, then walk away. Usually, waiting for your edge to come on charts by sitting many many hours in front of your charts will bring failure to your trades.

These are only few guidelines learnt from my 5 years of trading experience, and I hope that we all would discuss many many points in our comments, its just a start for discussion. Lets go in-depth!

PS: Some fellow posters might think that why I am here if I am a pro, right? Can't I fund my account with my own money? Well, the answer is straight forward, I am here to spend my time, and if I am going to earn for spending my leisure time with you, then what is wrong? It cannot change any fact but it will be beneficial for me and even for you because good discussions only brings happiness and knowledge. i do not, and wouldn't argue with anyone here just bcos I don't like to mess the purpose of discussion.

sometimes I feel frustrated to see the chart when my psychological condition is not good. for example, I am feeling exhausted or unwell or or if I am in a state of anger or sadness. if I am in such a condition, it is very difficult to see the chart, to read the possibility of where the price will move.
    therefore I really avoid entering the market if my psychological and physical condition is not good because it will be fatal.

I also feel frustrated if it turns out that I entered the market at an inappropriate momentum. experience a long and swollen floating minus.
    in that condition I had to make a quick decision. actually the safest way is to have a stop loss to limit possible losses.
    besides seeing charts continuously can also give bad effects, namely stress, frustration and emotion. this is very dangerous.

therefore prepare a trading plan properly. do it according to plan, don't forget to limit losses by putting a stop loss and also how much profit you want to achieve. then set and forget it

Not allowed!

Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161