USD/RUB untradable with current spread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USD/RUB untradable with current spread

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

USD/RUB untradable with current spread

The spread on this pair is around 1.43 rubles, which is around 235 USD pips ($10 value each).

USD/RUB does not move this much in a day, its average daily range is usually under 200 pips (in year 2015), for example today it was just 134 pips.

Does anyone trade this pair?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 171
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS75 View Post
    The spread on this pair is around 1.43 rubles, which is around 235 USD pips ($10 value each).

USD/RUB does not move this much in a day, its average daily range is usually under 200 pips (in year 2015), for example today it was just 134 pips.

Does anyone trade this pair?
    No. I dont trade in this pair. But very nice for me to know more about this pair. I just trade in euro, yen, and usd. I still bad in trading even though I just use three currencies (two pairs). But I will add my trading instrument if I already success trade in this pair (eur/jpy) and (usd/jpy). But I dont think tl trade in usd/rub. But I ofteen watch this pair chart.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Well the spread might be big but the thing is it is very volatile and we can make good money with USDRUB. But the thing is it is not for the traders who day trades as the spread is very high. It is for the traders who trades long term or investors who sees the market long term.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by impexo27 View Post
    Well the spread might be big but the thing is it is very volatile and we can make good money with USDRUB. But the thing is it is not for the traders who day trades as the spread is very high. It is for the traders who trades long term or investors who sees the market long term.
    That is very correct. As long you view the market with a long term view, the spread won't be a problem. And then you need to know the good side from that pair as well. Since you paid quite a lot for the spread, you can earn the money with positive swap. just try to sell the pair and you will learn the swap is quite good actually. Surely you can cover the loss from the spread that way.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 77
    It is US Dollars vs Russian Rubble and I need to tell you that this currency pair behaves exactly like any of those contract for difference instruments which has the time its market opens and closes. I do not trade it and anything you have not tried in demo is not advisable to gamble with when trading on live account. It is better to trade those forex major pairs

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 263
    Given: 169
    I traded this pair few times but it was in demo account, not the real one. It is because of its high spread and we know that USD/RUB movement's range is not high as high as other minor currencies. I would prefer to trade other pairs like NOK, TRY, ZAR, MXN, or SEK because they have a lot of volatility unlike other kind of minor pairs. Yes, these minor pairs has bigger spread and more margin requirement per lot traded so trade wisely.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Rbu has lost a lot of its value when we have to really work on it it has bee able to show the right form of choices we have to really work and belong to every one of trade and we have the best we have to really show the right right of the political forms we see around we have to work and be sure that we are avoiding it because the market has show some great source of resilience on it, russia has also been hit by the oil fall so usd itself gained on it

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 77
    I do not see reason why A trader will move near a currency pair he is not too familiar with in practice while demo trading. It is better you limit yourself to those currency pairs you have studied and mastered which you can easily guess their behavioral pattern in the market. It is not just any currency pair you see on the trading platform that you can trade , you have to consider the spread also.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    I do not see reason why A trader will move near a currency pair he is not too familiar with in practice while demo trading. It is better you limit yourself to those currency pairs you have studied and mastered which you can easily guess their behavioral pattern in the market. It is not just any currency pair you see on the trading platform that you can trade , you have to consider the spread also.
    Hm.. i think that you need to consider the swap too. Surely the spread in USD/RUB cross pair might be huge but you need to remember they give you a big swap plus for the short positions. You can get quite the money to short that pair only and that is quite a big difference if you want to compare it with some other pairs out there.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    I have traded this pair few times in real account. I have made profit with only a few trades, the spread is to hight for day trading. Opening short positions promises profit not only with the swap but even with the rising price of oil.
    To recognize good entry-level prices, take a look at the pairs usd/cad and usd/zar. Rub and cad are currencies of oil - they run parallel to the usd - they rise and fall at the same time. Zar and rub depending in addition to the gold price.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast