How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?
Page 1 of 233 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204

How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

We know forex is risky and we can lose many in quick time too if we don't take proper protection for our account. But you need to decide how much you want to lose before you want to recover your loses. I know you know about it but did not gone though the mathematics and graphs. I bring it for you.

When you lose about 1% of your equity 1% recovery is good enough to get back to your original equity. When you lose around 2%, 3% or even 5% of your equity then you just need about that amount to recover your loss. But when you have lost 10% then you just need to make more 1.11% to recover loss.

Situation start to go bad when you lose 15% or more. You can find if you lose 50% of equity then you need to make 100% profit to get to your original equity.

You just can't come out of the grip of losses when you lose more than 50% of your equity. And it become a Herculean task when you lose 75% or 80% or more.

So just think, think it well how much lose in a trade is good for your recovery. And now think, will you use money management in your trade or not?

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    after a loss, usually traders will revenge to restore the loss. they will use a large lot size, using averaging, martingale, etc. it is a way of trading is very risky. I think traders should have a good risk and reward. minimum ratio of 1: 1. so the trading account will survive in a very long time

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    after a loss, usually traders will revenge to restore the loss. they will use a large lot size, using averaging, martingale, etc. it is a way of trading is very risky. I think traders should have a good risk and reward. minimum ratio of 1: 1. so the trading account will survive in a very long time
    Nobody want to take loss in trades. But we had to. And really it is seen when we lose some money in trading we try to recover that soon taking even higher risk with bigger lot trades. Interestingly the trades opened after a few lose generally don't come from our analysis rather it comes from our emotions. And you will find you have lost the risky trades too. So better we make sure we don't lose too much in a trade. Because the more you lose the more risky it become to recover.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2
    After loss the traders are gone crazy because then they want immediate to recover the loss.. because they want within the minute loss has restore. and this is mistake because when you will take this action then you will open the trade without any analysis and no any idea about market moving and then you will not working good..

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    If you will working on the big lot so then this is risky and you can loss large amount in the short time. because if you will give large amount loss on the some pips. because this is not right but if you will working on the low leverage so then you can be safe and then you can reduce your risk level in the market and make profit on low risk.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 12
    I do not want to lose a penny. I am here to make profit. I want to make profit and want to become profited by doing forex. Forex is best way to earn money. So I want to earn huge money from forex and with that money I want to lead a good life. That is my target. It is true I am losing but I am taking lesson from the loss.

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 26
    Yes my mate. I am agree with you.Provided article is most valuable for us. Maximum traders are loser and they want recover their loses by large lot size. So, the fell in a trap.so, Money management is a good trading strategy for all of us. Also, we need proper strategy for trading in Forex market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Loss is the boost to your emotions and then you will working with wrong way and then you can loss more amount in the very short time. because you will try to recover the loss in the very short time and then you will open trade on the high amount and this is too risky you can recover or you can loss more amount..

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcdirectory View Post
    Loss is the boost to your emotions and then you will working with wrong way and then you can loss more amount in the very short time. because you will try to recover the loss in the very short time and then you will open trade on the high amount and this is too risky you can recover or you can loss more amount..
    It is the process through we face losses because it start from losses if we face any loss in this market then we get to avoid this and make trade with no reason so in every new trade our risk is increase which is not favorable for us to make trade .we need to control our feeling and get better results .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0
    Trader should not be so curious about making gain and forget that sometimes there may be loss, we ought to be able to accept this and be patience for another opportunity to trade and win, we shouldn't be reacting to the market, this may bring more loss , but with calmness every loss can be recovered even in a single trade.getting a good set up , without high lot we can gain many pips ,therefore we must sit tight to discover good trend to ride with.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 233 123451151101 ... LastLast