How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss? - Page 3
Page 3 of 243 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 2430

Thread: How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

  1. #1
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Undercover
    Posts
    999
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204

    How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

    We know forex is risky and we can lose many in quick time too if we don't take proper protection for our account. But you need to decide how much you want to lose before you want to recover your loses. I know you know about it but did not gone though the mathematics and graphs. I bring it for you.

    When you lose about 1% of your equity 1% recovery is good enough to get back to your original equity. When you lose around 2%, 3% or even 5% of your equity then you just need about that amount to recover your loss. But when you have lost 10% then you just need to make more 1.11% to recover loss.


    Situation start to go bad when you lose 15% or more. You can find if you lose 50% of equity then you need to make 100% profit to get to your original equity.


    You just can't come out of the grip of losses when you lose more than 50% of your equity. And it become a Herculean task when you lose 75% or 80% or more.


    So just think, think it well how much lose in a trade is good for your recovery. And now think, will you use money management in your trade or not?

    Not allowed!

  2. #21
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,061
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 70
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
    You can see when we are trading with big risk only 10/20 pips against you wipes you 10%/20% of your equity. Then you just wait and hope to market to get back to your way. But you will find market is going away and you are in even more trouble every moment after that. And finally you blow your account. So better lose less and learn to take small losses if you want to survive long in the market.
    I too like fast earning and so I like scalping and short term trading. Scalping is the fastest way of earning money in forex and it remains the most dangerous. Scapling is taking just 10 pips with high lot size with the mind of making fast pips and big money and then get out of the market, maybe for the day. My advice is that we should always try and lower out lot size.

    Not allowed!

  3. #22
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Undercover
    Posts
    999
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    I too like fast earning and so I like scalping and short term trading. Scalping is the fastest way of earning money in forex and it remains the most dangerous. Scapling is taking just 10 pips with high lot size with the mind of making fast pips and big money and then get out of the market, maybe for the day. My advice is that we should always try and lower out lot size.
    You will not face too many problems if you just get out of the market winning few big lot trades. But the problem arise when you try to make more. Normally then you would take bigger risk to make much more money. But you know forex is not your slave and it will move against you and soon you will see all your profit and invest wiped out. I just say reduce your risk by following money management and keep trading with good analysis.

    Not allowed!

  4. #23
    Trader Hukam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8,615
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
    You will not face too many problems if you just get out of the market winning few big lot trades. But the problem arise when you try to make more. Normally then you would take bigger risk to make much more money. But you know forex is not your slave and it will move against you and soon you will see all your profit and invest wiped out. I just say reduce your risk by following money management and keep trading with good analysis.
    Mate we need a good use of money management and risk management in all types of strategies. For example I am using support and resistance points for opening a buy or sell order but it means is not that I have to take big risk to make money. So our risk and money management both are the crucial part of our trading. Market is not our slave that's true and its better to be prepare for bad result too

    Not allowed!

  5. #24
    Trader
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,431
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Mate we need a good use of money management and risk management in all types of strategies. For example I am using support and resistance points for opening a buy or sell order but it means is not that I have to take big risk to make money. So our risk and money management both are the crucial part of our trading. Market is not our slave that's true and its better to be prepare for bad result too
    yes, you should always use the rule of money management in all market conditions. Sometimes you sure you want to analyze, and then use a large lot size. you're hoping for a big profit, but if it gets big loss, trading account you will be sick. it is a violation of the rule of money management

    Not allowed!

  6. #25
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Undercover
    Posts
    999
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204
    So far I found trading is other name of discipline. If you are disciplined all the time you will not face too much problem in trading. But when you just break your discipline you will see the danger. From my experience I found when I target to make 1%/2% per day it generally go smoothly for 10/15 days. But whenever I try to make more I start to face problem. So just think big but go slow. It's a long journey so you should not lose too many for your few slips.

    Not allowed!

  7. #26
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,225
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
    So far I found trading is other name of discipline. If you are disciplined all the time you will not face too much problem in trading. But when you just break your discipline you will see the danger. From my experience I found when I target to make 1%/2% per day it generally go smoothly for 10/15 days. But whenever I try to make more I start to face problem. So just think big but go slow. It's a long journey so you should not lose too many for your few slips.
    Discipline is surely essential asset for trading Forex and surviving here. Becoming a professional in any field is not an easy task. In this market no matter what you want to become, the very first step is to learn how the market works and then keep practising. To now become a professional will be determined by how consistent and how dedicated you are, to trading, studying and researching.

    Not allowed!

  8. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ANANDCHENNAI View Post
    Discipline is surely essential asset for trading Forex and surviving here. Becoming a professional in any field is not an easy task. In this market no matter what you want to become, the very first step is to learn how the market works and then keep practising. To now become a professional will be determined by how consistent and how dedicated you are, to trading, studying and researching.
    One can be sure of the way to play around the market before anything else. It is never good to be trading without knowing what you want to do, and in case of certain condition, traders should know the next step of action. I so much believe in proactive trading, and traders should not do things with carelessness before thinking the way out. In this, I believe learning can help.

    Not allowed!

  9. #28
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I allows use the stop loss and It allows my risk.I never take more than 5% risk on my capital and that's why The forex market most of time make me profit.
    But some time I can not control my Emotion and that's why I have to suffer some big loss so far.

    Not allowed!

  10. #29
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Undercover
    Posts
    999
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204
    Quote Originally Posted by intel1 View Post
    I believe that we must act in order to be able to compensate for the losses suffered by the elderly. We must act after each place in the market and the market, updating the situation. We must ensure that all market trend update, this risk. I believe that in this way replace lossesForex will definitely change your life brother if you trade sincerely and you give enough time to forex marketDont you mate although now you are in loss but i think you will soon see profit because you hiting the main point . emotion is our own enemy and you trying to control this which is really good

    - - - Updated - - -


    i need only 40 pips to make my investment double using the leverage of 1:100 . But i short i just take 5 to 8 pips in one trade and take the profit immediately without waiting for more . for doing this i almost everyday make my investment double.yes i think tradingis simple way to earn alot of money forex trading its so good learning site but problem is rsik is involve in forex tradingskilled trader hass all skills..including survival skills..if u r quite new to trading then u should learn proper money management
    From my calculation I know with 1:100 leverage you can't double your equity with only 40 pips profit. Actually you need at least 100 pips to double it. And with good money management you can't take such risk you have mentioned. And I am 100% sure that you can't go far with such risk. So better follow the money management and be happy with small lot trades and small profits.

    Not allowed!

  11. #30
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,061
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 70
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
    From my calculation I know with 1:100 leverage you can't double your equity with only 40 pips profit. Actually you need at least 100 pips to double it. And with good money management you can't take such risk you have mentioned. And I am 100% sure that you can't go far with such risk. So better follow the money management and be happy with small lot trades and small profits.
    And with 1:500 we can double with 30 pips itself. Loss in forex trading can be caused by different reasons. The number one reason could be lack of training and practising which is common with the newbie. It could be the lack of experience. It could be as a result of greed. It could be for wrong analysis of the market.

    Not allowed!

Page 3 of 243 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •