How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss? - Page 2
Page 2 of 243 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204

How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

We know forex is risky and we can lose many in quick time too if we don't take proper protection for our account. But you need to decide how much you want to lose before you want to recover your loses. I know you know about it but did not gone though the mathematics and graphs. I bring it for you.

When you lose about 1% of your equity 1% recovery is good enough to get back to your original equity. When you lose around 2%, 3% or even 5% of your equity then you just need about that amount to recover your loss. But when you have lost 10% then you just need to make more 1.11% to recover loss.

Situation start to go bad when you lose 15% or more. You can find if you lose 50% of equity then you need to make 100% profit to get to your original equity.

You just can't come out of the grip of losses when you lose more than 50% of your equity. And it become a Herculean task when you lose 75% or 80% or more.

So just think, think it well how much lose in a trade is good for your recovery. And now think, will you use money management in your trade or not?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    It is good to be prudent in this market, losing much money would not be good at all. I is very better to know how the trading will be specified on the daily basis, and managing the account very well. If you want the worse, then lose more than you can control before you are thinking of the recovery, it is wrong in that's sense.
    [lang=id]the traders need to think about the safest way for trading and it will limit their loses, traders have to think wisely and twice before make a decision, and also they have to prepare themselves and get ready to accept some loses with gracefully then they can still make lower the emotion too[/lang]

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Now I tell you why many scalper lose money most of the time in their last trades. Actually 95% scalper take relatively bigger risk with big lot trades ranging from 10 pips to 1000 pips without SL in the trades and money management. If some trade go in 20/30 pips floating loss they open another or two trades hoping can recover loss if market retrace 15/20 pips. When market goes more directional he opens more trades and overall lots are big. Only 30/50 pips more in the same direction and all money are gone. But if the trader allowed the first trade to hit the SL or opened another trade in the opposite direction he would have survived. So better take decision on time and trade with money management all the times.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
    Now I tell you why many scalper lose money most of the time in their last trades. Actually 95% scalper take relatively bigger risk with big lot trades ranging from 10 pips to 1000 pips without SL in the trades and money management. If some trade go in 20/30 pips floating loss they open another or two trades hoping can recover loss if market retrace 15/20 pips. When market goes more directional he opens more trades and overall lots are big. Only 30/50 pips more in the same direction and all money are gone. But if the trader allowed the first trade to hit the SL or opened another trade in the opposite direction he would have survived. So better take decision on time and trade with money management all the times.
    We all want money in this market, ad no matter the trading strategy we are using, it is still to getting the money in the fall way we could. And as regarding the scalping you said, it is never has thing, and traders that scalps are going for lower pips, it can never be 100pips, and the scalpers are better with stop loss that is lower than their target.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    We all want money in this market, ad no matter the trading strategy we are using, it is still to getting the money in the fall way we could. And as regarding the scalping you said, it is never has thing, and traders that scalps are going for lower pips, it can never be 100pips, and the scalpers are better with stop loss that is lower than their target.
    i am a scalper too, and just need several pips per trades or close the order immediately when it run at floating positive, of course, all the thing was based on the time frames as the guide for us, and about stop loss, i did cut loss or stop loss, it depends to my needs during in the market

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Probably I could not made you understand what I tried to say in my words about pips. I said many scalper take too high risk keeping only 10 to 1000 pips in hand before getting stopped out. Like opening 1$/pip trade with 20$ invest or 0.1$/pip with 10$ invest without any SL. And as a scalper I know you won't wait to get 100 pip profit. Most trades are closed around 1 to 5 pips profits. I hope it is clear now.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 35
    I think people who are losing a lot of money should take advice from traders who know Forex well. A forum has been create to help all traders who are in need of help. Forex is not very hard market when the traders knows how to deal with it. You said many traders loss their invested money, yes because of their fault. They can not manage money properly.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    I think people who are losing a lot of money should take advice from traders who know Forex well. A forum has been create to help all traders who are in need of help. Forex is not very hard market when the traders knows how to deal with it. You said many traders loss their invested money, yes because of their fault. They can not manage money properly.
    we manage money, and discipline to the rule of money management, money management as set trader in limiting risk. I use money management compounding, so the size of the lot following the balance amount. I want a healthy trading account, and use good risk and reward

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    we manage money, and discipline to the rule of money management, money management as set trader in limiting risk. I use money management compounding, so the size of the lot following the balance amount. I want a healthy trading account, and use good risk and reward
    It is really good to know you are using money management and compounding for trading. But unfortunately most traders don't use it properly that is why there are so many loser. Sometime I start with strong money management in a fresh account. It goes well for few times. But I get restless and want to earn quickly taking bigger risk and forget the money management and problem starts there. So as a trader we need to follow the money management each time and every time if we want our success.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
    It is really good to know you are using money management and compounding for trading. But unfortunately most traders don't use it properly that is why there are so many loser. Sometime I start with strong money management in a fresh account. It goes well for few times. But I get restless and want to earn quickly taking bigger risk and forget the money management and problem starts there. So as a trader we need to follow the money management each time and every time if we want our success.
    yes me too. after sometimes we can do trading with good discipline and gives done profit. but then the problems come up when we want to get more than it with try to make quick money. start to trade with take more risj and hope can boost the balance . but we just put ourselves on hard position and blew up our hardowork in a second

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    yes me too. after sometimes we can do trading with good discipline and gives done profit. but then the problems come up when we want to get more than it with try to make quick money. start to trade with take more risj and hope can boost the balance . but we just put ourselves on hard position and blew up our hardowork in a second
    You can see when we are trading with big risk only 10/20 pips against you wipes 10%/20% of your equity. Then you just wait and hope to market to get back to your way. But you will find market is going away and you are in even more trouble every moment after that. And finally you blow your account. So better lose less and learn to take small losses if you want to survive long in the market.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by nkhan2810; 03-08-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Page 2 of 243 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast