Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1492

Thread: Trailing stop loss and its use

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 57

Trailing stop loss and its use

Introduction A trailing stop loss is a stop loss that automatically moves and adjust itself to maintain our profits and also manage our losses. For instance if you make a buy trade in eurusd at 1.1200 and set a trailing stop at 50 pips. Suppose the price of eurusd moves from 1.1200 to 1.1300 then the trailing stop automatically moves from 1.1150 to 1.1250. In this case it should be noted that the trailing stop loss will not change if the price falls.

Use of trailing stop loss A trailing stop loss can be best used when te trader wants to lock his profits as the price moves in his favor. It is mostly used by position traders and swing traders trying to trap breakouts and volatile movements in prices.

How to set trailing stop loss Placing a trailing stop for any order is easy. Just right click on the order row on the trading tab of the mt4 terminal. Then you can select the number of pips you want to set the trailing stop for from the dropdown list

Please note trailing stop works only till the terminal is run. Once the terminal is closed it gets fixed at its last price before closing the terminal.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    Trailing stop is used to adjust the stop loss level by a pre-determined number of pips as price moves by a certain number of pips and the purpose is to lock in some profits in a trending market . For trailing stop to be active in your trade , metatrader 4 platform must run continuously 24/5 but in case that is not feasible , you just have to make use of virtual private server just to host your trading platform
    A trader wanting to use trailing stop with MT4 can use the VPS servers and its quite easy to obtain one from the ROBOFOREX Broker. A trader can chose to use trailing stop loss or move the stop loss manually, but things has to be done with good understanding so that it makes good sense. A trailing stop loss is just a variant of the stop loss and then main intention is properly manage the risk of losses and achieve good result.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    A trader wanting to use trailing stop with MT4 can use the VPS servers and its quite easy to obtain one from the ROBOFOREX Broker. A trader can chose to use trailing stop loss or move the stop loss manually, but things has to be done with good understanding so that it makes good sense. A trailing stop loss is just a variant of the stop loss and then main intention is properly manage the risk of losses and achieve good result.
    i read from roboforex website they're giving a free vps server for every verified clients. i haven't tried that service, to be honest and one more thing, i don't use trailing stop for my trading. i always feel enough and satisfied to use only take profit and stop loss for my exit strategy because trying something new for me is a bit of killing my efficient time.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    i read from roboforex website they're giving a free vps server for every verified clients. i haven't tried that service, to be honest and one more thing, i don't use trailing stop for my trading. i always feel enough and satisfied to use only take profit and stop loss for my exit strategy because trying something new for me is a bit of killing my efficient time.
    Yes I too have not tried that service and I believe that VPS servers are more needed for those who want to make use of trailing stop. I do see that many traders find trailing stop loss a very useful tool, but I still prefer making use of the ordinary stop loss. They are different, but still purpose is the same and that is management of risk and I cannot talk much of it because I dont use trailing stop loss.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7
    when we make our trade confused we lose we should not make trade hard or confuse, we should trade with very simple way and this trailing stop loss is also a way to make our trade confuse, this is good for those who have good calculations if we do not have then we should trade with simple way and that is more profitable for us also, stop loss can save us but trailing stop loss can make us confuse

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 9
    when entering the market from the right point and not to be wrong in pointing the take profit orders , i think that the trailing stop can be very useful . so it is recommended to be used after going the trading very good number towards the target , as away to keep our profits , trailing stop can prevent the price to reverse the profit number totally..

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by komalam View Post
    Yes I too have not tried that service and I believe that VPS servers are more needed for those who want to make use of trailing stop. I do see that many traders find trailing stop loss a very useful tool, but I still prefer making use of the ordinary stop loss. They are different, but still purpose is the same and that is management of risk and I cannot talk much of it because I dont use trailing stop loss.
    There are many reasons why I do not trade the trailing stop loss, some of them are what you have pointed out by yourself. Forex traders who are using the trailing stop loss should know that they can not trade it without the internet connection who is regular, that means the forex trader will have to pay for VPS as no trader can on their computer and internet regularly everyday. Another bad side of using the trailing stop loss is that its position is variable, that makes it not reliable to use.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    One thing that the trailing loss will require from traders is the consistent connection to the streamline of the MT4 terminal, that is why traders will be using the VPS for it when the trader has the opportunity. I believe that the VPS should not be a problem, Roboforex is providing that for free, but i do not know the terms needed to get it for free. Traders have to use the normal stop loss instead of this when the better one is to be ascertained, this trailing loss is nonsense to me.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    One thing that the trailing loss will require from traders is the consistent connection to the streamline of the MT4 terminal, that is why traders will be using the VPS for it when the trader has the opportunity. I believe that the VPS should not be a problem, Roboforex is providing that for free, but i do not know the terms needed to get it for free. Traders have to use the normal stop loss instead of this when the better one is to be ascertained, this trailing loss is nonsense to me.
    i also think normal stop loss is better option for us but when we trade without this and try trailing it also can make us more secure, with a good analysis i think normal is better and if we do not have good analysis then trailing can be more better it can secure us from all loss or more loss, if order is in some profit then automatically sl will move, so we can lose some or smaller or can earn smaller also in case of come back

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by touqir View Post
    i also think normal stop loss is better option for us but when we trade without this and try trailing it also can make us more secure, with a good analysis i think normal is better and if we do not have good analysis then trailing can be more better it can secure us from all loss or more loss, if order is in some profit then automatically sl will move, so we can lose some or smaller or can earn smaller also in case of come back
    usually traders who wants to use trailing stop are those who wants to leave their trades to do some other activities. it's recommended to do this because it's really helpful for traders who doesn't have spare time to watch their trades to hit take profit for next hours. we can return to our platform and monitor our trades couple times to see if market is hitting our target in take profit or with trailing stop.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    usually traders who wants to use trailing stop are those who wants to leave their trades to do some other activities. it's recommended to do this because it's really helpful for traders who doesn't have spare time to watch their trades to hit take profit for next hours. we can return to our platform and monitor our trades couple times to see if market is hitting our target in take profit or with trailing stop.
    I have used the trailing stop loss, i know how it is working, it is not what traders have to be using for their trading when the trader is wise in what he is doing with his account. The trailing stop loss is what i could term a deceptive protective measures, it is not always reliable. It can work well for you today, but i can guaranty you that you will regret it later when you are conversant with its usage, because it is not a fixed way to use stop loss.

Not allowed!

Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150 LastLast