Trailing stop loss and its use - Page 11
Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailing stop loss and its use

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 56

Trailing stop loss and its use

Introduction A trailing stop loss is a stop loss that automatically moves and adjust itself to maintain our profits and also manage our losses. For instance if you make a buy trade in eurusd at 1.1200 and set a trailing stop at 50 pips. Suppose the price of eurusd moves from 1.1200 to 1.1300 then the trailing stop automatically moves from 1.1150 to 1.1250. In this case it should be noted that the trailing stop loss will not change if the price falls.

Use of trailing stop loss A trailing stop loss can be best used when te trader wants to lock his profits as the price moves in his favor. It is mostly used by position traders and swing traders trying to trap breakouts and volatile movements in prices.

How to set trailing stop loss Placing a trailing stop for any order is easy. Just right click on the order row on the trading tab of the mt4 terminal. Then you can select the number of pips you want to set the trailing stop for from the dropdown list

Please note trailing stop works only till the terminal is run. Once the terminal is closed it gets fixed at its last price before closing the terminal.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    I am sure the professional traders are more experience and patient in the trade, of course, they have to have a special skill that does not possess a beginner trader. so it is very easy for them to make profits .. many successful traders, they work according planing that has been made.
    Of course they are in this business since a long time so they know better that how they have to make effective trading plans to gain best maximum output from their trades. Professional trader's trading psychology is also very effective and much better than new trader's that's why are making money since many year's here and newbies are loosing their money every time.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    trailing stop feature on customs with the strategy, as those to had with the helps of the use of the scripting or by manual intercourse, those referring of further as trader to work on securing chance on earning with the running pips or to work of the customs on defining the extent on strategy as selecting of choice on implementing the exit points or to work on appealing running orders.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Of course they are in this business since a long time so they know better that how they have to make effective trading plans to gain best maximum output from their trades. Professional trader's trading psychology is also very effective and much better than new trader's that's why are making money since many year's here and newbies are loosing their money every time.
    Trading with proper planning and management of risk with tools like stop loss helps. Stop loss will benefit only when the trader knows how and when to use them. Otherwise they will start giving unnecessary losses. Trailing stop are better off with position traders that are makes hundreds of pips per trade, not a day trader hunting for very little pip movement.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    You are right about the professional traders, that is why they know better on how to handle things of the market. Just take for example the case of this trailing stop loss, the novice traders might trade intra-day trading, and place the trailing stop at 20 pips, where they are not experienced about the bad movement that can affect that, the experienced/ professionaltrader might use 50pips when he wants to be sure and be on the safer side.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    all businesses, in addition there is certainly no harm is profit, so it was definitely a professinal trader will experience loss but the amount of loss of professional traders and newbie trader is different, it may be in terms of risk management, we are not going to be impersonating a newbie , we can choose to evolve better without lazy to learn, we can learn from the experience and defeat ever experienced, so we are optimistic to succeed

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    yes the trailing stops should work with any of customs with the trading strategy on running of the system of choice. that the good helps should keeps of trader on securing of the running points without to lose of the good chance before those change with the reverse on condition as trader having with the loss situation on market movesment with the return of the running regulation from the finance officials.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Forex currency trading can be be extremely risky. Foreign currencies are typically very erratic when compared to different market segments. The true key for you to achievement along with trading currency using conventional chance managing. There are several elements for you to effective foreign exchange chance managing, nevertheless the bottom line is make use of warning and possess any exchanging prepare.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    all businesses, in addition there is certainly no harm is profit, so it was definitely a professinal trader will experience loss but the amount of loss of professional traders and newbie trader is different, it may be in terms of risk management, we are not going to be impersonating a newbie , we can choose to evolve better without lazy to learn, we can learn from the experience and defeat ever experienced, so we are optimistic to succeed
    he amount of loss of professional traders and newbie trader is less. It is all about lowering the losses.I am also more fond of using the normal stop loss. I am short term trader .I really love trading and i think this business will have big future and i can be part of this big future.I want to learn the forex now so to be a professional trader after 2-3 years.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 1
    If I am in profit I usually use trailing stop since I do know that no matter what will happen I will going to end up in profit. But problem is that trailing stop only works if your trading platform is online. So we need to open our computer if we want to use trailing stop. I don't know though if its works in mobile version. I still not have tried it. But if theirs a way that we can use trailing stop without going online like SL and TP the better.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    to keep with the focus as trader to earns of the good return, as presettled with the trading terms. at least with the less moderated situation that trader might wants to keep of the short earning with the use of the trailing stop feature to work with the order commands.

Not allowed!

Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast