Page 1 of 141 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailing stop loss and its use

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 57

Trailing stop loss and its use

Introduction A trailing stop loss is a stop loss that automatically moves and adjust itself to maintain our profits and also manage our losses. For instance if you make a buy trade in eurusd at 1.1200 and set a trailing stop at 50 pips. Suppose the price of eurusd moves from 1.1200 to 1.1300 then the trailing stop automatically moves from 1.1150 to 1.1250. In this case it should be noted that the trailing stop loss will not change if the price falls.

Use of trailing stop loss A trailing stop loss can be best used when te trader wants to lock his profits as the price moves in his favor. It is mostly used by position traders and swing traders trying to trap breakouts and volatile movements in prices.

How to set trailing stop loss Placing a trailing stop for any order is easy. Just right click on the order row on the trading tab of the mt4 terminal. Then you can select the number of pips you want to set the trailing stop for from the dropdown list

Please note trailing stop works only till the terminal is run. Once the terminal is closed it gets fixed at its last price before closing the terminal.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Trading stop loss is a very good part of the locking in the market trading, this is a stop loss that is not permanent, and it is set in an effective way to lock the profits of the trader depending on the pips limits the traders set with it. But the downside of this trailing stop is that; it can not function without a VPS, Unlike the stop loss itself.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Trading stop loss is a very good part of the locking in the market trading, this is a stop loss that is not permanent, and it is set in an effective way to lock the profits of the trader depending on the pips limits the traders set with it. But the downside of this trailing stop is that; it can not function without a VPS, Unlike the stop loss itself.
    Emm, dear cozard. I think I have the different idea about locking and exit strategy in forex trading. Stop loss is the part of th exit strategy. I think profit liquidation is also the part of the exit strategy. Stop loss and cut loss is also the part of the strategy. But in locking trading strategy is not the same as stop loss

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 57
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Trailing stop can function without the vps. It can be used by any trader any time. The only thing is the trader needs to run the trading terminal and keep his computer switched on for the trailing stop to function. If the computer is switched of the trailing stop functions like an ordinary stop loss at the last price before switching of the terminal.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    Trailing stop can function without the vps. It can be used by any trader any time. The only thing is the trader needs to run the trading terminal and keep his computer switched on for the trailing stop to function. If the computer is switched of the trailing stop functions like an ordinary stop loss at the last price before switching of the terminal.
    Trailing stop in trading strategy is very good to prevent the reverse market in forex trading. But be honest, I never use trailing stop. I use the mental trailing stop loss. I often see the market direction and predict the market potential reversal. I I decide to cut profit or not based on the advance of the information.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 392
    Quote Originally Posted by aris90 View Post
    Emm, dear cozard. I think I have the different idea about locking and exit strategy in forex trading. Stop loss is the part of th exit strategy. I think profit liquidation is also the part of the exit strategy. Stop loss and cut loss is also the part of the strategy. But in locking trading strategy is not the same as stop loss
    Trailing stop loss have its own benefits but I am much happier with the use of stop loss. Stop loss use is much better to lock our profits and no matter you are shutting down your pc or running your pc your trade with automatically hit your stop loss and you will able to lock your profit by this way. So I like to use stop loss rather than trailing stop

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 104
    [lang=id]trailing stop loss is a good thing for them who use long term system, they can lock their profit for several pips and continue to follow the order when it runs at floating positive, they need to set it with good and not easier touched by the price, they have to give some spaces or pips when the price move against the order and then move back follow it again,
    we can use trailing stop loss automatically or also with manually[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 168
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    Introduction A trailing stop loss is a stop loss that automatically moves and adjust itself to maintain our profits and also manage our losses. For instance if you make a buy trade in eurusd at 1.1200 and set a trailing stop at 50 pips. Suppose the price of eurusd moves from 1.1200 to 1.1300 then the trailing stop automatically moves from 1.1150 to 1.1250. In this case it should be noted that the trailing stop loss will not change if the price falls.

Use of trailing stop loss A trailing stop loss can be best used when te trader wants to lock his profits as the price moves in his favor. It is mostly used by position traders and swing traders trying to trap breakouts and volatile movements in prices.

How to set trailing stop loss Placing a trailing stop for any order is easy. Just right click on the order row on the trading tab of the mt4 terminal. Then you can select the number of pips you want to set the trailing stop for from the dropdown list

Please note trailing stop works only till the terminal is run. Once the terminal is closed it gets fixed at its last price before closing the terminal.
    Using Trailing Stop loss in our trade setup will make our trading much more productive as the chances of loss will always come down for us and we will be in a position to earn nice profits in our trades. I have seen myself that this happens most of the times when we trade and are getting the profits the markets will move against us and this will cause all the profits that we have earned to get wiped out. We do not want this to happen and so in the process to secure our trading we need to use the Trailing Stop losses.

Once we have learned the correct uses of them then they will work in our favor for giving us a good income

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    it is the way to lock profit when the order run in floating positive and it means, traders can save their profit if the market move back against them, but traders need to set for how many pips will run behind the market price and try to set it with good then it can not touched by the price so the trailing stop loss will always follow it with properly, for them who use long term system may use it

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 39
    Good thread on trailing stop loss. I new only about stop loss which I generally used. I prefer to face many losses on demo accounts so we can wait for success while demoing, i mean losses are the result of newbies in general so the trader need to improve his level before getting to real tradings.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 141 123451151101 ... LastLast