Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders

Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49

Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders

First of all I will start by defining the terms.

Day traders are those traders that trade on an intra day basis opening and closing several trades throughout the day. Trades may last from minutes to several hours. Trades lasting less than a 3 or 5 minutes is called scalping.

swing traders are those traders that try to earn profits by using short to medium term swings in trends. Such trades may last for several days.

Position traders are those traders that take long term view on a currency pairs. Such traders usually hold their positions for weeks and months.

My point is that a large proportion of common traders are scalpers or at the most day traders, very few are swing traders and rarely position traders. Please share do you agree with me.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 204
    Quote Originally Posted by forexfighter007 View Post
    Whether we scalp or do momentum trading we should do it with patience.If we want fast money we need to get out from this business and go somewhere like sports betting and other means of gambling.Here you need to spend much time to learn and practice and you will have success.
    I know that Forex trading has many variations with regards to the trading that we have to do and the income that we would be able to derive from them. The traders who are earning the most income are usually those traders who trade with the Trends in the Forex markets. And when we will get to know about a trend which is good and which will give us income in our trades then we have to use it.

Now it is another matter all together that what is the Type of trading we do wehther it is a Day trading, Scalping trading, Swing based trading or a Position trading as we are the ones who will usually decide about it

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by nsawork View Post
    I know that Forex trading has many variations with regards to the trading that we have to do and the income that we would be able to derive from them. The traders who are earning the most income are usually those traders who trade with the Trends in the Forex markets. And when we will get to know about a trend which is good and which will give us income in our trades then we have to use it.

Now it is another matter all together that what is the Type of trading we do wehther it is a Day trading, Scalping trading, Swing based trading or a Position trading as we are the ones who will usually decide about it
    [lang=id]traders should know their style for trading, and so they have to set the system to follow it, and for me, as scalper, always pay attention to follow the true trend , and it means , i just enter the market when the smaller time frames have same direction with the higher time frames, and when the smaller start to opposite the higher TF, i close the order, and wait for smaller TF has the same direction again, this is my simple basic for scalping[/lang]

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 16
    Its choice of every trader that what they want in trading and its completely depend on the strategy with which they are working and i am also a sclaper i open trade in a day and close it after some times when i earn good money than i close my position than i watch at another currency pair ...

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Usmanali518 View Post
    Its choice of every trader that what they want in trading and its completely depend on the strategy with which they are working and i am also a sclaper i open trade in a day and close it after some times when i earn good money than i close my position than i watch at another currency pair ...
    It is really a matter of choice, whatever strategy we use can be profitable as long the we stick to the rule and always maintain good risk management approach, the only thing I dont like on scalping if you have bigger stop than your target, you might end up losing more along the way.

Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by techboy View Post
    It is really a matter of choice, whatever strategy we use can be profitable as long the we stick to the rule and always maintain good risk management approach, the only thing I dont like on scalping if you have bigger stop than your target, you might end up losing more along the way.
    I have seen trader that did swing trading for long time, and he did not have success in the market, but when he switched to scalping, he began to earn money. This means that it is good for traders to first discover himself, all trading system are good, but it is not all system that would work for same traders. What you have passion for is what you should do. Forex trading is mainly a way to knows the direction through what you know best to do.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by techboy View Post
    you do not need to push yourself to use a system that you can not understand it, it is better to find the way to use something suit with your characteristic and will give you profit and if you stick the rules with well, discipline is needed and even as the important thing, i used scalping for trading and make comfortable and easy to enter some condition in the market

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by ANANDCHENNAI View Post
    My point is that a large proportion of common traders are scalpers or at the most day traders, very few are swing traders and rarely position traders. Please share do you agree with me.
    Do you have statistical data about it? I do not know and never find statistics about it, maybe you're right that day traders and scalpers are more than swing traders and position traders, but so far I just socialize with retail traders in online media, I do not know the situation for big traders, I'm sure many big traders who choose to become a swing trader or position trader.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Do you have statistical data about it? I do not know and never find statistics about it, maybe you're right that day traders and scalpers are more than swing traders and position traders, but so far I just socialize with retail traders in online media, I do not know the situation for big traders, I'm sure many big traders who choose to become a swing trader or position trader.
    [lang=id]of course dear friend,big traders will take this position because the reason is they do not want to take more risk, and swing trading give them a good correction and make them sure to enter the market, and also, they will not spend much time to keep watching the monitor[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]of course dear friend,big traders will take this position because the reason is they do not want to take more risk, and swing trading give them a good correction and make them sure to enter the market, and also, they will not spend much time to keep watching the monitor[/lang]
    I do not think it is because they do not what to take more risk as of the position trader. I am trading long term/positioning, and i use my normal lot that I would have used for other kind of trading systems. One thing that is different is the fact that my stop loss is higher than intra-day trading, and my take profits is also like x4 of the intra-day.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    [lang=ar]A trader who trades on the daily charts are more willing to trade a long term trades . for they build up their strategies to the log term movements . so i think that the scalpers always uses the short term time frames . so I like to trade the same with the scalping trading[/lang]

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast