Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders

Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49

Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders

First of all I will start by defining the terms.

Day traders are those traders that trade on an intra day basis opening and closing several trades throughout the day. Trades may last from minutes to several hours. Trades lasting less than a 3 or 5 minutes is called scalping.

swing traders are those traders that try to earn profits by using short to medium term swings in trends. Such trades may last for several days.

Position traders are those traders that take long term view on a currency pairs. Such traders usually hold their positions for weeks and months.

My point is that a large proportion of common traders are scalpers or at the most day traders, very few are swing traders and rarely position traders. Please share do you agree with me.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]i guess, it depends to them who did trading, and many results will come up based on their ability to follow the business, it could be the trader with short term can make good profit than long term or otherwise the trader with long term can make good profit than the day trader, so there is no specific measuring for it, and as long as the traders can take the chances and use it with good, profit is theirs[/lang]
    Yes a short term trader can make money or a long term trader can make money or both can lose their money. It has to do with the level of knowledge and understanding the trader has. Some traders may prefer short term trading while some may prefer trading for long term giving serious attention to risk management.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by ANANDCHENNAI View Post
    Yes a short term trader can make money or a long term trader can make money or both can lose their money. It has to do with the level of knowledge and understanding the trader has. Some traders may prefer short term trading while some may prefer trading for long term giving serious attention to risk management.
    i agree, and both of them will give us profit and also loses, so this depend to the trader's levels, and if understand to manage the business with well, profit will follow them and otherwise if still have many problems, hard for them to achieve the goals,
    and for all methods are good in the right hands

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    i agree, and both of them will give us profit and also loses, so this depend to the trader's levels, and if understand to manage the business with well, profit will follow them and otherwise if still have many problems, hard for them to achieve the goals,
    and for all methods are good in the right hands
    There is a lot of knowledge and strategies available on the internet. There are lots of tips and advices to becoming a successfull forex trader, but how many of us are really following this tips? To be successfull in forex, discipline, self control and good money management is vital.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    There is a lot of knowledge and strategies available on the internet. There are lots of tips and advices to becoming a successfull forex trader, but how many of us are really following this tips? To be successfull in forex, discipline, self control and good money management is vital.
    all elements of trading is vital, analysis, money management, control of emotions and psychology is very important. but you can not only know the theory, because in practice it is not easy. You have a trading rule, but when trading on a real account, you sometimes forget to rule your trading. because of bad emotion

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    right, there are many sources out there and we can get them easily, with free or fees. but after all, can we take and learn it with well or with full responsibility because we have chosen for it, means, all depend to us who spend the time for trading, learn and practicing, and if they take it seriously, it will give us good results

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    all elements of trading is vital, analysis, money management, control of emotions and psychology is very important. but you can not only know the theory, because in practice it is not easy. You have a trading rule, but when trading on a real account, you sometimes forget to rule your trading. because of bad emotion
    [lang=id]you are right about it, so many people think easy about forex trading after read the books, but then when enter the market , they found a different situation, environment and did not know from where have to start it, so it is good to take some words from the book and then try to spend much time for practicing, it is much better to get correct understanding[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]you are right about it, so many people think easy about forex trading after read the books, but then when enter the market , they found a different situation, environment and did not know from where have to start it, so it is good to take some words from the book and then try to spend much time for practicing, it is much better to get correct understanding[/lang]
    Money making market is based on how you can prove your investments. There are scalpers that are better than swing or position traders, and vice versa. I would not complain about any of them, my only advice is that, what you are doing, try to do it well. If your work well, the satisfaction comes within the trader, that is most important.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 9
    its different conditions and style that a trader want to work in forex market and every trader have their own thoughts their own analysis and their own views about the trading of forex trading so its depend on trader that what he want to chose there are some conditions for me to trade i trade with that conditions

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Money making market is based on how you can prove your investments. There are scalpers that are better than swing or position traders, and vice versa. I would not complain about any of them, my only advice is that, what you are doing, try to do it well. If your work well, the satisfaction comes within the trader, that is most important.
    [lang=id]yes dear friend, then we can see that everything depend to us right ? and all the thing we do will give us the results, and so for it,traders just need to make enough knowledge and ability then know how to manage the business with well and no matter for what methods is used for trading, and if they master them, so they can do it with well[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 80
    Whether we scalp or do momentum trading we should do it with patience.If we want fast money we need to get out from this business and go somewhere like sports betting and other means of gambling.Here you need to spend much time to learn and practice and you will have success.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast