Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,237
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49

    Day traders and Scalpers are more than swing traders or position traders

    First of all I will start by defining the terms.

    Day traders are those traders that trade on an intra day basis opening and closing several trades throughout the day. Trades may last from minutes to several hours. Trades lasting less than a 3 or 5 minutes is called scalping.

    swing traders are those traders that try to earn profits by using short to medium term swings in trends. Such trades may last for several days.

    Position traders are those traders that take long term view on a currency pairs. Such traders usually hold their positions for weeks and months.

    My point is that a large proportion of common traders are scalpers or at the most day traders, very few are swing traders and rarely position traders. Please share do you agree with me.

    Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,758
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 104
    [lang=id]these are categories of trader with the methods will taken by them, and maybe yes if day trader have bigger number than the others and there are some reasons for why many of traders took this part,
    and my reasons as scalper, i took scalping because it is simple and flexible, make me easy to enter and exit from the market and just need several minutes and pips per order, then there is no burden for me when i leave the market[/lang]

    Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,036
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    That is what the forex market ahs become. No matter what you say of either of the trading strategies, the main issue is how the trader is doing the trading. Your compliance of work would make the decisions that would be done to you. The instar-day traders are more indeed, but the swing and position traders that could leave the account for more than a day are better than the intra-day.

    Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,332
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    there is advantages and disadvantages from every methods, and traders need to understand it before use them for trading, make sure to take something easy for them, and because this is about the choice for them, scalper will need more time for trading because just take several pips per trade, but they can maximize earning with take some benefits from every movements, but they take more risk than swing trader,
    and the others, can reduce the risk with set SL and TP and then leave the market for some time, but means, they have a little chances to maximize earning from business,

    Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,237
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    there is advantages and disadvantages from every methods, and traders need to understand it before use them for trading, make sure to take something easy for them, and because this is about the choice for them, scalper will need more time for trading because just take several pips per trade, but they can maximize earning with take some benefits from every movements, but they take more risk than swing trader,
    and the others, can reduce the risk with set SL and TP and then leave the market for some time, but means, they have a little chances to maximize earning from business,
    Yes there are advantages and disadvantages to all trading styles. The main advantage of scalping and short term trading is that we do not have to wait for days to know our result. I also mostly do scalping and intra day trading, the thing is I do not have patience to go for position trading. However I do leave trades open for 2-3 days sometimes.

    Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,758
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 104
    [lang=id]so this is about the choice, all of them are good and if we can manage them with very well , but traders will take their own choices that is suit with the needs, some take day trading and some take long terms, and for both of them will give good results, but before take one of them as the choice, they have to try some of them first, this is the process to get the best one[/lang]

    Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,332
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by ANANDCHENNAI View Post
    Yes there are advantages and disadvantages to all trading styles. The main advantage of scalping and short term trading is that we do not have to wait for days to know our result. I also mostly do scalping and intra day trading, the thing is I do not have patience to go for position trading. However I do leave trades open for 2-3 days sometimes.
    that is good, we have the choice and take it, and we have the reasons behind it, and you and me, almost have the same reasons to choose day trading or scalping as method for trading, we can enter the market and exit from it with several minutes only, and also the target is very relevant and easier touched by the price, and as long as we keep good analysis and MM/RM. we can grow to be a good trader with good earning from this business

    Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,143
    Promo (¢)
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by ANANDCHENNAI View Post
    My point is that a large proportion of common traders are scalpers or at the most day traders, very few are swing traders and rarely position traders. Please share do you agree with me.
    But actually in longer time in trading. Long term trader and positon trader can make more profit than any scalper trader. Long term trader just looking the best entry point and then leave the position in several times. And the large pip will got by long term trading. And usualy the one single profit from long term trader can make trader get more than any day trader. Do you have the same opinion?

    Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,237
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49
    Quote Originally Posted by aris90 View Post
    But actually in longer time in trading. Long term trader and positon trader can make more profit than any scalper trader. Long term trader just looking the best entry point and then leave the position in several times. And the large pip will got by long term trading. And usualy the one single profit from long term trader can make trader get more than any day trader. Do you have the same opinion?
    I do agree with you. I also think that long term trading can give us better earning opportunity as it is less risky. One big advantage of long term trading is we can efficiently follow the risk management in long term trading and use a stop loss. Scalping can give good profits but it also very risky.

    Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,758
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by aris90 View Post
    But actually in longer time in trading. Long term trader and positon trader can make more profit than any scalper trader. Long term trader just looking the best entry point and then leave the position in several times. And the large pip will got by long term trading. And usualy the one single profit from long term trader can make trader get more than any day trader. Do you have the same opinion?
    [lang=id]i guess, it depends to them who did trading, and many results will come up based on their ability to follow the business, it could be the trader with short term can make good profit than long term or otherwise the trader with long term can make good profit than the day trader, so there is no specific measuring for it, and as long as the traders can take the chances and use it with good, profit is theirs[/lang]

    Not allowed!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •