Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Timing of your trade

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

Timing of your trade

Hi traders!

In this article, I’d like to talk about practical application of time parameter in trading. Jim Dalton (author of “Markets in profile”) once had said: “When we put price, time and volume together, we get value”. Though we don’t have reliable information about volumes in Forex trading, we nevertheless can combine price with time and make important conclusions about real trend in the market.

The easiest way to apply time parameter is to observe duration of correctional moves in comparision to duration of impulses. As many traders analyse charts (not market profile), they can measure angle between impulse and correction. The more acute this angle is, the less potential market has to sustain it’s directional move.

Attachment 12145

Attachment 12146

Think about every movement in terms of price and value - if price is not returing to value (say, we have obtuse angle between impulse and correction), we more than likely have price discovery - market is searching for balance. It advertises higher and higher, and this process can continue for a while (several days).

Contrarily, if we have acute angle - we see that market probably has to advertise lower every time to attract buyers (demand is not aggressive enough to step in at higher prices). More often than not, it is indication of mature trend, ready to transform to trading range if not to reverse or correct.

And you can not only analyse existing visual structure of the chart, you can anticipate it’s future structure. For example - if you have trend represented in the sequence of ascending days without any correction or even consolidation, you automatically know that angle between impulse and correction will tend to be acute - so, if you will observe very small correction (and obtuse angle), odds are very high that such correctional low will be violated within a current or a next day.

Attachment 12147

Do you try to catch bottoms/tops?

Another important clue for a trader. Many, if not 80-90% of traders do the same thing over and over again. They try to trade a reversal before market is ready to reverse. In other words, it’s much more likely that market will first change it’s direction from descending (for example) to sideways, and only after that it can reverse.

Recent example is shown below. One of students of my educational group had noticed that GBPUSD was possible ready to go up. But considering that sideways action usually lasts 2-3 times longer than trending action, we could avoid placing a long trade in the spot shown on the screenshot, at least before ascending trend is confirmed.

Attachment 12148

Important note: If trading range is long enough, and lasts about 2-3 weeks, we can be more aggressive in our directional trading - we might not even wair for confimation and place trades inside of a range. In such circumstances timing will help us to anticipate trending move.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    As a long term trader I not check about any session I always wait for a good entry point and after that I open my trades, but for a short term trader London session a good session for trading. There are many trader's and they have their our trading approaches and strategies. My timing of trading totally depend upon market patterns and support and resistance points
    you have to know the character of trading strategies, and character pair. so you can perform effectively the analysis. but it depends on your trading style, I do not trade at any time, forex open 24 hours, but I have to set the time. I am in front of the computer for trading and post in this forum

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    you have to know the character of trading strategies, and character pair. so you can perform effectively the analysis. but it depends on your trading style, I do not trade at any time, forex open 24 hours, but I have to set the time. I am in front of the computer for trading and post in this forum
    Yeah mate obviously its depend upon our trading style and trading strategy basically which confirm that when we have to enter and exit. For sure you can set your time according to your trading style. I also like to visit robo forex forum almost every day and like to post in this forum. Robo forex forum helping me a lot to learn more about forex

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    [lang=id]the chances is opened widely for us, we can take it anytime want it but it does not mean we have to standby and keep watching or trading for all the time, there is a time when we have to stay away from the market when it had slow movements and we can not read it with well, and there is a time we can enter the market with make some position, and the important thing for us that we have to wait for good time for this,[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Yeah mate obviously its depend upon our trading style and trading strategy basically which confirm that when we have to enter and exit. For sure you can set your time according to your trading style. I also like to visit robo forex forum almost every day and like to post in this forum. Robo forex forum helping me a lot to learn more about forex
    right, traders should understand with their own style for trading, so they will know the point to enter and exit from the market as the right time, and make sure for both of them was based on the analysis for it, and sure that we do it so wisely, it is very important for trader to get right track and get some good benefits from the market

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 262
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    right, traders should understand with their own style for trading, so they will know the point to enter and exit from the market as the right time, and make sure for both of them was based on the analysis for it, and sure that we do it so wisely, it is very important for trader to get right track and get some good benefits from the market
    Yup buddy we need a right track in forex and we have to enter on the right time and have to gain the best benefit in the market. Because if we will enter late then some time we can earn less even we can loose big money too. So better to do trade with best risk and reward ratio. We all should do trade with our best trading style

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Earnperfect View Post
    Yup buddy we need a right track in forex and we have to enter on the right time and have to gain the best benefit in the market. Because if we will enter late then some time we can earn less even we can loose big money too. So better to do trade with best risk and reward ratio. We all should do trade with our best trading style
    Timing is very essential in trading, there are times I have missed a good trading pattern because I though the market will still be waiting for me when the other candlesticks is formed, but nothing like that. Though there are times that you guess will be right or wrong in the market, but one should be very careful in this.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Timing is very essential in trading, there are times I have missed a good trading pattern because I though the market will still be waiting for me when the other candlesticks is formed, but nothing like that. Though there are times that you guess will be right or wrong in the market, but one should be very careful in this.
    To time is to plan well, not all can time, this is one resaon why not many can get success in trading. I can not purposely do trading without having to know where to start and when to stops, these are the things traders do not regard much but are the ones that will determine the outcome of the results of the trader, whether good or bad.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Nice share... sir....

It gives a very good understanding about the price and timing.
    I think some of the candlestick pattern (reversal pattern) take the logic from this theory (price and timing).
    Let's say pinbar candles, engulfing candles, and others. And I think pinbar candles giving an idea as strong acute angels.

We watch in m30 time frame:

WE watch in D1 time frame.

Shadow candles are showing rejection price by market participants,, the longer the shadow candles the more acute rejection rates in the market. This has always been the ideal signal when we find this pattern in strong support / resistance area.

Obtuse angles will often be found in a perfect trend, usually have no long tail candlestick.

eur/usd on w1 time frame:

if we switch to h4 time frame:

Several consecutive descending candles without significant correction:
    (We will be possibke to find obtuse angels when we checked in the lower time frames.)

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Nice share... sir....

It gives a very good understanding about the price and timing.
    I think some of the candlestick pattern (reversal pattern) take the logic from this theory (price and timing).
    Let's say pinbar candles, engulfing candles, and others. And I think pinbar candles giving an idea as strong acute angels.

We watch in m30 time frame:

WE watch in D1 time frame.

Shadow candles are showing rejection price by market participants,, the longer the shadow candles the more acute rejection rates in the market. This has always been the ideal signal when we find this pattern in strong support / resistance area.

Obtuse angles will often be found in a perfect trend, usually have no long tail candlestick.

eur/usd on w1 time frame:

if we switch to h4 time frame:

Several consecutive descending candles without significant correction:
    (We will be possibke to find obtuse angels when we checked in the lower time frames.)
    traders have to have patience waiting for the signal to enter the market. if you use pinbar, you have to wait for confirmation candle, to determine a trend reversal. sometimes it's just a correction. so traders should be able to control your emotions. not affected the market.*

if we could enter the market with the right time. we are not going to get a floating minus in a long time

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    so we knew that everything can happen in the market and sometimes out from analysis, and at this part, the condition will push the traders to guess the market and just give good or wrong, we have to avoid this part, we only need to trade with follow the market or trend and it is much better or wait for it again until we get the validation to enter the market

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast