Thread: Timing of your trade

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 571
    Given: 191

Timing of your trade

Hi traders!

In this article, I’d like to talk about practical application of time parameter in trading. Jim Dalton (author of “Markets in profile”) once had said: “When we put price, time and volume together, we get value”. Though we don’t have reliable information about volumes in Forex trading, we nevertheless can combine price with time and make important conclusions about real trend in the market.

The easiest way to apply time parameter is to observe duration of correctional moves in comparision to duration of impulses. As many traders analyse charts (not market profile), they can measure angle between impulse and correction. The more acute this angle is, the less potential market has to sustain it’s directional move.

acute.jpg

obtuse.png

Think about every movement in terms of price and value - if price is not returing to value (say, we have obtuse angle between impulse and correction), we more than likely have price discovery - market is searching for balance. It advertises higher and higher, and this process can continue for a while (several days).

Contrarily, if we have acute angle - we see that market probably has to advertise lower every time to attract buyers (demand is not aggressive enough to step in at higher prices). More often than not, it is indication of mature trend, ready to transform to trading range if not to reverse or correct.

And you can not only analyse existing visual structure of the chart, you can anticipate it’s future structure. For example - if you have trend represented in the sequence of ascending days without any correction or even consolidation, you automatically know that angle between impulse and correction will tend to be acute - so, if you will observe very small correction (and obtuse angle), odds are very high that such correctional low will be violated within a current or a next day.

violation.png

Do you try to catch bottoms/tops?

Another important clue for a trader. Many, if not 80-90% of traders do the same thing over and over again. They try to trade a reversal before market is ready to reverse. In other words, it’s much more likely that market will first change it’s direction from descending (for example) to sideways, and only after that it can reverse.

Recent example is shown below. One of students of my educational group had noticed that GBPUSD was possible ready to go up. But considering that sideways action usually lasts 2-3 times longer than trending action, we could avoid placing a long trade in the spot shown on the screenshot, at least before ascending trend is confirmed.

sideways.png

Important note: If trading range is long enough, and lasts about 2-3 weeks, we can be more aggressive in our directional trading - we might not even wair for confimation and place trades inside of a range. In such circumstances timing will help us to anticipate trending move.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Trimming is important for me because when you open any position , you must take in consideration the right moment of opening it , missing time will not help you to maximize your benefit and maybe let fear control you , so you become more stressed and forget even how to analyse well the chart in front of you.

Not allowed!

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 571
    Given: 191
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Moi View Post
    Trimming is important for me because when you open any position , you must take in consideration the right moment of opening it , missing time will not help you to maximize your benefit and maybe let fear control you , so you become more stressed and forget even how to analyse well the chart in front of you.
    Can you be more specific? What does it mean - "the right monent"? How do you define that the moment is right?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 48
    timing of the trade depends on the conditions of the market, if the market is in a clear direction or in trend then this is a good chance for trading, but if the market goes in sideway so the conditions are not suitable for trading,i like to draw the trend first on daily time frame then trade according the direction on the lower time frames to ensure good trading.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 104
    [lang=id]
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    Do you try to catch bottoms/tops?
    it was my problems with always tried to catch the top and bottom, just put the order before it moved back, so rush, and then just gave me big floating minus because the trend still continued the position , it was not problem if i set lots with smaller setting, but the problems came up when my lots is higher,
    or also the problems was my SL always touched by the price, because to put the order before got the correction will gave me the place to put SL near support resistance, after touched the SL , the trend moved back again and followed my first analysis,

and the solution for me , i have to wait for some correction till i see the market pulls back and see the right direction[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    This is a very good teaching about the timing, there are so many immature setups in the market, and traders are trying to take the full advantage of it to no avail. Maturity is the key of working in the market. This is happening mainly in swing trading systems when traders wants to enter a early detection, but they might be faked by the market because they entered at the wrong time.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6
    I may not put times on the tardes . but I may regard the week finnaly how many trades were profitable and how many trades were lost . i may make a table for these trades .a lso I may make a table for the tardes i may ytrade according to the economic caendars

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 9
    IN forex trading time is the main factor that you have to stick with timing of doing any thing while opening a trade a existing a trade is very important suppose that a person makes $10 in one trade but this trade takes one week and another trader makes $10 dollar also in one trade but the time period is 1 hour which one is winner ?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    timing of the trade depends on the conditions of the market, if the market is in a clear direction or in trend then this is a good chance for trading, but if the market goes in sideway so the conditions are not suitable for trading,i like to draw the trend first on daily time frame then trade according the direction on the lower time frames to ensure good trading.
    If I was asked as well, this is what I would say, timing is very special and it is determined by the condition of the market. And the trader having the time are the ones that should reveal things right depending on the analysis they have in the market at that particular time. I am sure on the fact that trading is good when traders are good, and the entry matters depending on market condition.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Usmanali5070 View Post
    IN forex trading time is the main factor that you have to stick with timing of doing any thing while opening a trade a existing a trade is very important suppose that a person makes $10 in one trade but this trade takes one week and another trader makes $10 dollar also in one trade but the time period is 1 hour which one is winner ?
    I do not think it is possible to time the market accurately. But we can learn from Roboforex forum and use the bonus first to learn how to make predictions.,It can help you to start and see how it is to trade on real market with real money.But i think it's not enough if you want more profit so you can invest your money then.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 136 123451151101 ... LastLast