Thread: small profit is better

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193

small profit is better

dear friend,
    sometimes we see the order run in floating positive but just for several pips, but then let it stay and run for longer because hope to get more but we knew that hard to reach the goals after analyze them, and then, the trend move back and start to against the order, and run with floating minus rapidly,
    what the thing will you do for this situation
    1. will you let the order run for floating minus and wait till the trend move back again and follow the order
    2. or close the order with floating minus
    3. or close the order with several pips as profit ?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Well, looking at the earning very well, I think that the small profits is a good thing, but it might still not be the best option depending on the trading system you are using. If you are trading swing, you can not earn little, if you are trading the long term trading with breakout systems, you can not earn little. If you od, only single lose might ruin your account.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 104
    [lang=id]small profit is good than loses, and just accept them and become the point for us to grow up and better, so this is the chances to keep stable balance than we have to hold floating minus for longer that is wasted time and also we do not know that the market will move back, and even just give big losing,[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 304
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    dear friend,
    sometimes we see the order run in floating positive but just for several pips, but then let it stay and run for longer because hope to get more but we knew that hard to reach the goals after analyze them, and then, the trend move back and start to against the order, and run with floating minus rapidly,
    what the thing will you do for this situation
    1. will you let the order run for floating minus and wait till the trend move back again and follow the order
    It is dependent on the strategy that I use, I have two strategies, for long term trading, and for intraday trading, I always put SL and TP for intraday trading, so in this case I will not close the position before the price touched my SL or TP . But for long term trading, I usually do not put SL and TP, I just have to limit risks, and also profit. I'm not going to take profit in small quantities, and I will close the position manually if I get the loss has reached the maximum risk which I set.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 69
    I confess, I'm too afraid to loosing my profit so I just close profit. whenever it does not even reach the target point. Even just several pip I close. Small profit close is better than loss. But If i trade on tiny lot ordered to long term trading, I just let the position to run forward.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    not to close of the loss of floating order but i guess better to stay with the position and works of more with the available chance to complete of the closed trade on covering of the loss with the running opened to compound and shift with the next on terms to complete of the target with the longer trading plan.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by lawners1791 View Post
    not to close of the loss of floating order but i guess better to stay with the position and works of more with the available chance to complete of the closed trade on covering of the loss with the running opened to compound and shift with the next on terms to complete of the target with the longer trading plan.
    Stayng with position and riding the trend. you seem you are long term trader stretegy. small profit is better is just for trader scalper. Trader scalper just looking for fe pip by few pip. But scalper do trade much than any longterm trader. Little time much is equal to much.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    It is dependent on the strategy that I use, I have two strategies, for long term trading, and for intraday trading, I always put SL and TP for intraday trading, so in this case I will not close the position before the price touched my SL or TP . But for long term trading, I usually do not put SL and TP, I just have to limit risks, and also profit. I'm not going to take profit in small quantities, and I will close the position manually if I get the loss has reached the maximum risk which I set.
    [lang=id]i respect your trading system for intraday , you will not close the order before the price touched SL and TP, i have a question,suppose your order run with floating positive and almost hit TP but the market move back and run for floating minus and hit SL, will you change your mind with close the order next time for profit or still use the same system or will you take a new setting for TP and easier hit by the price ?[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    i respect your trading system for intraday , you will not close the order before the price touched SL and TP, i have a question,suppose your order run with floating positive and almost hit TP but the market move back and run for floating minus and hit SL, will you change your mind with close the order next time for profit or still use the same system or will you take a new setting for TP and easier hit by the price ?
    I also using strategy wil never close order whether not in Stop Loss or Target Point. But I always make daily analysis to predict the market direction, market sentiment, and maket fundamental in daily, but I always see the major fundamental and big fundamental that effect in long term.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by aris90 View Post
    I confess, I'm too afraid to loosing my profit so I just close profit. whenever it does not even reach the target point. Even just several pip I close. Small profit close is better than loss. But If i trade on tiny lot ordered to long term trading, I just let the position to run forward.
    small profit is better than losing and if we know the market will against us, so we just need to close the order, but if we know the order will run and follow the market with good, so we just let it till get maximum results
    the problem for us, many of traders have a brave to hold the floating minus bigger and bigger without do any action and just wait for the market move back. but if they are in profit, they will close the order at floating positive just for several pips, why ? i guess we have already got the answer for it

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast