Long term time frame trading (its advantage and disadvantages)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long term time frame trading (its advantage and disadvantages)

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 504

Long term time frame trading (its advantage and disadvantages)

Hello folks as we know that every trader have his own trading style in this market and every trader like to choose his own trading time frame too. Before I was doing trading with short term time frames like m30 and h1 but since 2 years I am spending time with long term time frames and getting much better result in trading. Long term time frames are much accurate and best for making market analysis too.

dreamstimelarge_20053199-770x500.jpg

Long term time frame

Daily, Weekly Traders.These charts gives advantage with long termed trading and helps easier entering into short termed daily trading. Few weeks, even months and years trading

longterm-300x227.jpg

Advantages:
    There is no need monitoring the market daily. There are less transaction and less stress, Using the long-termed charts we can easier recognize the trend of the market too, Long term trading helps us to pay less brokerage fee too because of less or few trades.

Disadvantages:
    Much more patience,Small number of trades, And along with it we need a good amount of money too also for long term trading.
    Source: dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-article-contest/?The-Time-Frames-Most-Succesfull=&action=read&id=1884&language=en

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 01-28-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 14
    If it is long term trading, one will need to be very careful in doing it, no matter what the trader is doing, he should relate his trading to such that is more secured, but not secured totally, that is why you can be monitoring your trades daily, do not left it in a day without monitoring, because one single daily pattern might change the whole story.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    it is very useful for us to know the function of time frames from the smaller to the higher one, because they have different function and traders need to understand for advantages and disadvantages,
    at the higher time frames, we can see the market globally to see the real situation and the smaller is the way to get entry point and also exit point,so for both of them, traders need to know and use them
    and even for me as scalper, i used all time frames to get fully information about the market then i did not loss the direction and moments

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 321
    Given: 542
    The use of all time frames can give us a better idea about the market situation I think long term time frames are better for us. Because it give us a clear indication about the market behavior I think each time frame have its own features, but now days I am also focusing much on long term time frames. Long term goal need patience but patience is the key of success

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Short term time frames also good but I think there are many disadvantages of short term time frames like you have to pay extra brokerage, short term charts are very hard to judge like Minute 1 time frame, Along with it for a better market trend understanding nothing is better than long term chart's, I think mostly all successful and professional trader's also focus much on long term time frames

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17
    It is easy to give suggestion, but it is not so easy to maintain it. We all the traders know well about the merit/demerit of long term trading. I am also now trading with long term time frame after facing loss through short term trading. What I can say that our practical trading experience is very important and we need to learn from our ongoing trades and this is the better way to learn better forex trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 304
    Very nice thread, I've been trading long term for almost two years, and are like what you get, I feel better in the long term trade than when I trade short term, the reason is the same as you, I get benefits in accordance with my character and also my psychological condition, long term trading makes me comfortable and less psychological stress, and also I can feel relaxed.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Long term trading goal's are always better rather than short term goal for example if you are following any short term goal then you have to sit in front of your computer around to 7 to 8 hours, but in long term charts we don't have to spend a lot of time at all, along with it we open a lot of positions in short term trading and pay a lot of brokerage to broker.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    it is very useful for us to know the function of time frames from the smaller to the higher one, because they have different function and traders need to understand for advantages and disadvantages,
    at the higher time frames, we can see the market globally to see the real situation and the smaller is the way to get entry point and also exit point,so for both of them, traders need to know and use them
    and even for me as scalper, i used all time frames to get fully information about the market then i did not loss the direction and moments
    Yeah mate I am agree with long term trading is always best for a trader, I am not against the short term trading but its very important to know the role of each time frame in forex market. There are many time frames and it very important to know about our trading style in forex market. According to our style we can choose a best time frame for us

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 392
    Right sir its very important to know about our trading style in forex, I am also focusing on long term target now and I am getting better result too, before I was using scalping to make money in forex, but I never focused on my trading style I was following all other trader, but slowly slowly felt that long term trading is better than short for me

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast