Demand pressure and performance anxiety - Page 2
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 588

Thread: Demand pressure and performance anxiety

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26,777
    As a note, there are many things that affects traders internally that traders does not knwo, and this is the one that has been iterated by the thread starter, there is nothing in the market that requires you no to be patient, except that you are the one that choose to, and i have noticed that traders cab do away with may things in the market, but that is when they choose to as well, but for the best, this is better that way.

  2. #12
    We must be able to measure how much power we have, in the face of the forex market. If it was run properly then, will give effect to the normal anxieties and fears about the financial condition. On the other hand, for traders who are experts in predicting price movements, it is natural to use the rules of big risk, because for them forex is not a scary place and it could not lead to get anxiety effects.

  3. #13
    Trading goal is good when we visualize that before our trading day start. But when we trade , we can not targeting what is not in our trading strategy, and what is opposite to our money management. So your goal must be a part of your strategy, and it is better not to put goal like "100 pips" but goal from 50 to 100 pips per month. On the end of any month calculate and back test your performance, and find your mistakes and try to optimize your strategy.

  4. #14
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    What about demand pressure?
    It is also emotional, and I would say - it's about expectations, we think that your goal is "to make X dollars a month". If you think this way, you would more than likely be pushed to make trades - and I would bet that those trades will be "bad ones".

    That's why it's so important to have process goals instead of performance goals.
    Don't think about money or any financial targets.

    Your goal is to be the best trader you can be, to trade in your best way, to improve every day. Other goals, especially financial, will keep you away from consistency.

    So, HAVE PROCESS GOAL INSTEAD OF PERFORMANCE GOAL
    I realize that focus to process goal more important than performance goal. If we follow all process, then our performance goal will be achieved also. Our main goal is become good trader and have good trading skill. When we already can be good trader, then automaticaly we will able to make consistent profit also. Then the process to be good trader is more important for a trader

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ema10 View Post
    Trading goal is good when we visualize that before our trading day start. But when we trade , we can not targeting what is not in our trading strategy, and what is opposite to our money management. So your goal must be a part of your strategy, and it is better not to put goal like "100 pips" but goal from 50 to 100 pips per month. On the end of any month calculate and back test your performance, and find your mistakes and try to optimize your strategy.
    It can help a bit if you set yourself more realistic expectations.
    But also, it's not a goal, it can't be a goal (50-100 pips a month). You may know from your own statistics, what result you can expect from yourself, but your performance is always the result of your skills and mindset. Improve them and results will be also impoved!

    Goal is something, that you are heading for. 90% traders want to have financial goal, again they are trying to skip learning process.

    Why not to set this goal:

    You can vizualize yourself as really effective trader, who is disciplined, who knows his trading style, who trades is synd with his personality e t.c.

    Also, set yourself a goal to at least cover your costs in trading and beat interest rate.
    I know, it's not interesting, but if you will able to survive, then you also will be able to make good results.

  6. #16
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    It can help a bit if you set yourself more realistic expectations.
    But also, it's not a goal, it can't be a goal (50-100 pips a month). You may know from your own statistics, what result you can expect from yourself, but your performance is always the result of your skills and mindset. Improve them and results will be also impoved!

    Goal is something, that you are heading for. 90% traders want to have financial goal, again they are trying to skip learning process.

    Why not to set this goal:

    You can vizualize yourself as really effective trader, who is disciplined, who knows his trading style, who trades is synd with his personality e t.c.

    Also, set yourself a goal to at least cover your costs in trading and beat interest rate.
    I know, it's not interesting, but if you will able to survive, then you also will be able to make good results.
    Yes, at first, we need to be discipline first and never skip the learning process. Because the learning process which can makes us become profitable trader. The trader who skip the learning process, will never can be discipline and can't be effective trader at all. They will easy to make profit but easy to lose the profit again

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Anxiety will kill us slowly. Actually when a trader join in trading he just feel that he is loaded with pressure. Pressure on learning, pressure on building skills and pressure on applying them properly in order to earning. So its kinda tough to handle this pressure. So the only way to avoid this is to move slowly. Forex is a long term setup and don't be in a hurry. Just take your time and improve gradually. Hope you can avoid this for the better future.
    I like your opinion, that is a proper mindset in the forex trading, this is a business with a long-term setup, so it takes the process to change from small to large, are not in a hurry to reach large, this is a mindset that must be was built in the beginning, but unfortunately almost impossible, because it usually takes considerable experience in getting a good mindset.

  8. #18
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    Forex is a very risky business here you need to keep patience in every situation. This market is very volatile so no one can say what will happen in next few minutis. So if you loss one trade just take a rest and analyse your losing trade. Thanks

  9. #19
    trade in demand pressures and anxieties of performance must always be taken either as concerns of the trade itself and the trader must know it because the andanya hard work and always try to work the anxiety will go away by itself because it has mastered the material into a weapon to tackle the problem mentioned

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by eddo View Post
    trade in demand pressures and anxieties of performance must always be taken either as concerns of the trade itself and the trader must know it because the andanya hard work and always try to work the anxiety will go away by itself because it has mastered the material into a weapon to tackle the problem mentioned
    This "problem" will not go away completely - it's natural to have emotional reaction for the human being.
    But we can develop control over out actions - it's really possible.
    But trader will have to deal with discomfort anyway, he will have to learn to tolerate it
    Last edited by Value trader; 11-17-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •