What do you understand by trend trading? - Page 3
Page 3 of 364 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you understand by trend trading?

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50

What do you understand by trend trading?

It is in my notice that many traders are saying trend trading, but they do not know how to trade the trend really. Trend is the main thing traders should aim for in the market, this is because market moves is the nature of trend traditionally. Except there is a reversal, then another trend would form immediately. But traders do not do this because they do have other alternative, and thereby gambles more in trading. I hope this thread will shed more light and understanding to such trader`s knowledge of trading the trend.

What is trend? Trend simple means "direction". In other words, the trend of the market is the direction the market follows. While trend could be short term, medium term or long term.

Attachment 11865

HOW TO TRADE THE TREND: Looking at the above chart picture on EURAUD of 1 hour, Although in the picture market is trending for a long term (Based on the candlestick count), But it did not do this trending all along in a straight/smooth line. The market started from 1.45917 and finished the trend at 1.42245. But along the line, there were retracement, some of them were marked with the white arrow on the chart above.

This simply means that; the trader have to be strict in trading the trend. You will not mind the side attraction of the retracement, but the long enduring trend of the market; until you are satisfied that a reversal is observed.

INDICATORS AND SYSTEM FOR THIS: Although, it is tactical to know if a trend will continue or not, but indicators like moving average, MACD, Bollinger bands etc. are effective in knowing this. Also, trading system like trend-line, price action etc. will help the trader to know at intermediate trading whether a trend is continuing or not. And by this, the trader will know if to continue or exit

NOTE: The best time frame to enjoy the trend trading is on the larger time frame. By this, i mean from 4 hours to 1 month time frame. This is how you will have the full benefits trend trading could give you. This is the way the large firms and banks trade. If you can be patient with trend trading, it really worth it more than any system you may adopt. HAPPY TRADING!

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Reversal patterns and the retracements pattern are not the same, but they are almost the same thing if the trader is not careful. That is why some traders are not patient with the trend. I have one trading skills now on the 1 day trading chart, if i am lucky to trade the right trend, i will never leave the market until the reversal with the same system i used to enter the position goes against my side. This will effectively filter nay retracement.
    Mate..., how you do that? Can you share that? Or is that your secret? I'm still learning to understand reversal patterns and retracement pattern in the long term trend, indeed sometimes I get stuck by a retracement pattern which turned into a reversal pattern. And vice versa, I often close my positions when in retracement pattern, I just think the market will form a reversal pattern, but it's just a retracement.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Mate..., how you do that? Can you share that? Or is that your secret? I'm still learning to understand reversal patterns and retracement pattern in the long term trend, indeed sometimes I get stuck by a retracement pattern which turned into a reversal pattern. And vice versa, I often close my positions when in retracement pattern, I just think the market will form a reversal pattern, but it's just a retracement.
    This is not a hard thing to find. Using any trading system of your choice, you can know if the market is still trending, or it retrace a bit or it has fully reversed. But I know this basically through the use of the Fibonacci trading system and some other system too. This is a long explanation though, and I will find time to put you through and put picture where applicable.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    the work as to prepare of the short or the longer ones to run of the analytics on projecting of the target completion; those had with the basics on commons as trader draws of the distinct of the limitation with the parts of objection as to differs and avoid the worse of the chance on not to losing and stay with the corrects on submission to earns only with the submission of the good risks with the order.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by lawners1791 View Post
    the work as to prepare of the short or the longer ones to run of the analytics on projecting of the target completion; those had with the basics on commons as trader draws of the distinct of the limitation with the parts of objection as to differs and avoid the worse of the chance on not to losing and stay with the corrects on submission to earns only with the submission of the good risks with the order.
    There might be a definitive way of working out a trend. Still, the trader need to be ascertain if the trend is coming to an end or continuing. This was why I created this thread. Many traders thinks they are better run away with retracements time, but they are wrong on most cases. Just like banks and large companies, until a strong reversal is finalized, they still assume the trend continues, and this helps well.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    trend trading works as trader spends of the good focus as running of the analytics as referring of the good ones of options with the trend direction along of the specific periode of times as placing of the longer terms order or to calls of the short target pips order to repeat of the same position with the end of breakage.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 538
    This is not a hard thing to find. Using any trading system of your choice, you can know if the market is still trending, or it retrace a bit or it has fully reversed. But I know this basically through the use of the Fibonacci trading system and some other system too. This is a long explanation though, and I will find time to put you through and put picture where applicable.
    Trading with the market trend is a very good choice for serious trader, buts it's very important to know that when we have to enter and exit in the market, because many time a market reversal can give you a loss in trend trading system, so just use strict stop loss and try to know about better entry points with it

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 1
    And not only a long explanation but we also need to experience it to earn from it. That's why in my part I do just trade aud/usd. Before I trade a lot of pairs. In fact I trade 8 pairs minimum. But now I only focus on one pair and that is aud/usd even though I already have 20 trading accounts and focusing on having 30 trading accounts this year I am still just want to trade with one pair.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by budado View Post
    And not only a long explanation but we also need to experience it to earn from it. That's why in my part I do just trade aud/usd. Before I trade a lot of pairs. In fact I trade 8 pairs minimum. But now I only focus on one pair and that is aud/usd even though I already have 20 trading accounts and focusing on having 30 trading accounts this year I am still just want to trade with one pair.
    Sir, if you really want to know the trend, then you should relate to its doing on the longer term sense only. The trend you are looking at the lower time means are really on the retracements level at times. If a trader wants to follow a true trend in the market, he should try to use it on at least 1 day chart. And have a way to know retracements from reversals.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    [lang=id]there are some indicators that following the trend and not identify the trend, so traders need to analyze and get the decision for what they have to do or follow, the trend is market direction and we just need to follow it, this is the safest way for trading, and me too, i did scalping but pay attention for it, scalp with follow the trend will make us feel comfortable and not out from the tracks[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]there are some indicators that following the trend and not identify the trend, so traders need to analyze and get the decision for what they have to do or follow, the trend is market direction and we just need to follow it, this is the safest way for trading, and me too, i did scalping but pay attention for it, scalp with follow the trend will make us feel comfortable and not out from the tracks[/lang]
    Following the trend and not identify the trend, whats that mean... mate ?
    Sir, if you really want to know the trend, then you should relate to its doing on the longer term sense only. The trend you are looking at the lower time means are really on the retracements level at times. If a trader wants to follow a true trend in the market, he should try to use it on at least 1 day chart. And have a way to know retracements from reversals.
    As we know there is a major trends and minor trends, we use a lower time frame to identify minor trends, and use the higher time frame to identify major trends. The trend we are looking in the lower time frame means are really on the retracements level at times in higher time frames. but also a majorr trend preceded by a minor trend.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Page 3 of 364 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast