Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving Average 30, 18

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32

Moving Average 30, 18

Moving Average crossover strategy is very famous trading strategy to obtain trading signals. I have tested in my several trades that this combination of periods such as 30 and 18 periods have given me very good trading result. Hence, sharing my successful trading strategy here.

Currency pair : Any with good market movement such as GBP/USD, GBP/JPY and so on.
    Time frame : M15 only

I have clearly explained in the chart below regarding the entry and exit of the trade to be taken with the moving average crossovers. This is very simple trading strategy which gives consistent gains. Nothing less than 30 pips can surely be made from the below trading strategy.

The ideal time i consider to open trade for GBP/JPY and GBP/USD, during the London market opening session.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 392
    Nice sir actually this is a very new strategy for me I never used 30 and 18 combination in the market. Can you tell which type of moving average you are using at the moment its EMA OR SMA? Along with it can you tell me about your stop loss? And how you are doing deal in sideways market condition. So there are many issues here which I want to know from you

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 504
    I don't know much about this strategy because most of my friends are using fifty moving average in their trading strategy and along with it some of them are using 200 EMA too. I think every trader have his own trading strategy if this strategy is working for you then for sure you can do real trading with this trading strategy. Moving average is one of the best indicator in meta trader terminal

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 321
    Given: 542
    This is one of the simple moving average trading strategy but thread creator not explained that which type of moving average he is using. I am using EMA in my trading strategy for now I never tried 30 and 18 combination till now. But I am happy with my own trading strategy in which I am using fifty ema, twenty ema, and two hundred ema its working very nicely for me

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    Nice sir actually this is a very new strategy for me I never used 30 and 18 combination in the market. Can you tell which type of moving average you are using at the moment its EMA OR SMA? Along with it can you tell me about your stop loss? And how you are doing deal in sideways market condition. So there are many issues here which I want to know from you
    I am currently using Simple Moving average which has given me best trading results so far. I feel that stop loss and take profit should not be rigid, it should be on the traders money and risk management plan. Thus, i have not mentioned those. But i target for nothing less than 50-70 pips target with mental stop loss of 100 pips or so.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 14
    All these lower period setting of moving averages are almost the same thing I functioning. But they say it is used together to have the crossing over trading system. It could be earlier or later than each other, this is why it is better used when you understand it very well, and uses the most leading ones.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 504
    We should try to use best trading strategy for us and its also very important that we should have a good knowledge about our trading strategy. Yes you are right dear there are many types of moving average strategies but we have to find the best one for ourself. I am not following only 200 EMA right now for my analysis

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    I got an opportunity to take up the trade with moving average crossover for GBP/USD. With the right entry being made, i was able to gain some 50+ pips with this trading strategy which has been best for me so far. I really like the potential of this trading strategy which is the best according to me. MA 1.png

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 392
    Wow sir so you are making a good profit with the help of trend lines I think and you are using pivot points also I think you are a technical trader in this business and making a very good profit with this type of system. This type of trading strategy is very good. Most of trader's like to use fifty EMA and SMA in their trading

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    Wow sir so you are making a good profit with the help of trend lines I think and you are using pivot points also I think you are a technical trader in this business and making a very good profit with this type of system. This type of trading strategy is very good. Most of trader's like to use fifty EMA and SMA in their trading
    Yes, each trader have their own choice of selecting the moving average periods. But i am much comfortable in using 18 and 30 moving average and so far have taken some profitable traders on consistent basis. I feel the signals and with the knowledge of the pivot point trader can certainly take up some good and highly potential trades such that winning can be confirmed.

Following is the trade taken by me today, GBP/JPY is trading below the pivot and also the MA crossover is good indication for me to make some good pips.

MA 2.png

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast