Revenge After Loss and Overconfidence After Profit - Page 5
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge After Loss and Overconfidence After Profit

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21

Revenge After Loss and Overconfidence After Profit

I know many traders fail because a fatal error. after learning trading strategy and money management , there is a very important thing to be learned controls emotions. controlling emotions is part of trading psychology, and can be learned only in a real account.
    many traders successful in the demo account, but failed in the real account, this is a serious problem. traders is not enough just to learn in a demo account.
    now I have a problem in real account, if I got the loss, then I would open position using a large lot size, I want to get a big profit, but what happened? I've got a big loss because my revenge. if I get a profit, then I open position again and again, and endless profits are down, even got a loss.
    traders should always keep emotions in order to always have a stable emotions, discipline on the rule of trading systems and money management

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    a trader will face two side where the emotion will come up easily, they are losing and profit, and the emotion
    Never trade in emotion stage. As trader as human too, trader sometimes in emotion stage in daily life, some trader feel happy and sometime feel sad, but in trading trader can not emotionally when trigger the buy and sell. Before start to enter the market, trader must calm down the emotion. Trade when the emotion in stable.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by aris90 View Post
    Never trade in emotion stage. As trader as human too, trader sometimes in emotion stage in daily life, some trader feel happy and sometime feel sad, but in trading trader can not emotionally when trigger the buy and sell. Before start to enter the market, trader must calm down the emotion. Trade when the emotion in stable.
    trader can control emotions, but can not remove emotion. everyone has emotion, so traders need anger management. but you can not learn to control your emotions in a demo account, you will get emotional pressure on real account. making it very difficult to learn to control your emotions. after a stop out you will evaluate and began cautious trading, so you will feel sadness first, after which you will learn to control emotions

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    [lang=ar]I feel some times that i want to compensate all the loss i made form the start of my trading . in one account . I lost a lot of money may be come to a real money in my pocket under my usage . so I may search for a certain topic which may help me to try to get all what i lose previously . i need a very hard work to do that[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    trader can control emotions, but can not remove emotion. everyone has emotion, so traders need anger management. but you can not learn to control your emotions in a demo account, you will get emotional pressure on real account. making it very difficult to learn to control your emotions. after a stop out you will evaluate and began cautious trading, so you will feel sadness first, after which you will learn to control emotions
    Yes, you're right. It's impossible to remove emotion in trading because we are still human so it's still common thing if there is emotion in trading. Although we used EA in trading, but it is still affecting on our emotion indirectly when the EA is not working as we want. It can cause emotional and we can run the EA in the wrong condition of market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    trader can control emotions, but can not remove emotion. everyone has emotion, so traders need anger management.
    because we are a human, we are not robot. We have value of life. trader must be so careful to manage the emotion. Emotion is very destructive while in business. in any business, businessman always have good emotion management to face to very high pressure competition. Emotion is soft, but very determine the result of work.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    because we are a human, we are not robot. We have value of life. trader must be so careful to manage the emotion. Emotion is very destructive while in business. in any business, businessman always have good emotion management to face to very high pressure competition. Emotion is soft, but very determine the result of work.
    As you said, humans has emotions which is true, but on the contrary trading requires no emotions and so the conflict begins between the market and trader, that is why some traders prefers to use forex robot rather than trade manually because probably they just feel that they cannot control their emotions no matter what they will do. It may take a lot of time before a trader can control his emotions.

Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    emotional control is not easy, we need a lot of trading experience, forex trade business is so flexible business for all to gain success in this business we have to achieve a lot of experience for that those who are professional business man we should go to them and we should follow these fellow what they do and what their skill try to learn it

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    I think one that can help trader to become psychologically prepared in trading is to focus first in the understanding on the characteristics of the market rather than focus on our own desire as a trader, if we just concentrate on how to have good strategy, how to profit the market without understanding the behavior of the market our mindset may end in conflict with the market causing lots of frustrations during trading.

Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by techboy View Post
    I think one that can help trader to become psychologically prepared in trading is to focus first in the understanding on the characteristics of the market rather than focus on our own desire as a trader, if we just concentrate on how to have good strategy, how to profit the market without understanding the behavior of the market our mindset may end in conflict with the market causing lots of frustrations during trading.
    Very good views, I agree with that..., I have the same view

As you said, humans has emotions which is true, but on the contrary trading requires no emotions and so the conflict begins between the market and trader, that is why some traders prefers to use forex robot rather than trade manually because probably they just feel that they cannot control their emotions no matter what they will do. It may take a lot of time before a trader can control his emotions.
    Trading with using robots is a good idea if we want to avoid emotion in trading, but many traders are missunderstanding about trading using robot, a trader can succeed in using the robot if he succeed in trading manually, because if he understand the characteristic of the market and what the essence of forex trading itself then he can easily and think simple, at the first stage should he don't only looking for a good strategy, but find a good understanding of the forex market and forex trading itself. Because any types of strategy can work well and profitable if we understand the essence of the forex market and forex trading itself.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by rinaji; 01-08-2015 at 02:12 PM. Reason: edit word
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Most of the traders do not set their targets and they even do not use TP because they are eager to get more and. Traders should concentrate on profit taking. I think for sure the Money management percentage should be similar since there is a minimum requirement from our trading system. If we still new to trading or we just new to the system just use the smallest lot size you can get, even the profit not yet seen.

Not allowed!

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast