What are templates and how to use them - Page 6
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: What are templates and how to use them

Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

What are templates and how to use them

Well, most of the traders do not know about templates, because they are typical trader, they just trade with one pair and stick with that. Well, it is ok, if they don't want to trade with more than one pair, but if a trader need to be a professional trader then he / she will have to follow some steps so that they will be a good trader in future. In this connection I am sharing here one option that is called template.

This option is available in your meta trader. You can find that option in the toolbar, most probably at last option of tools.

Attachment 11699

In this picture you can see the button and the caption of template. Now let me tell you what are templates and why we use them.

These templates are actually the combination of the indicators and options that you use in your chart. Lets suppose if you change the color of your candles then it is not necessary to change your candles of all charts step by step. If you use some indicators like MACD, RSI then you need to put them once and save that template. More in simple words. If you have a chart of Eur/usd, with black and green candles, without any indicator, but you need to put some indicators and you are fade up to do all the things manually, then just do all the things once, and then click on the template button and click on save template and then name that template of your own choice. After doing that, you will see your chosen name in the template list. Though there are some custom templates in that list, which you can check by clicking. See the picture below.

Attachment 11700

We use these templates to make our all the charts with same configuration, we don't need to do any additional effort, else then just open a chart and then simply click on the template and chose our template. This thing looks professional, isn't it?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    Personally I don't want to do trade with a lot of strategies so I only apply the one single template each time on my chart, its already fixed in my all currency pairs so I don't have any need of so many templates at the moment but this is a good option for those who want to test a lot of strategies, we can use template and can save our trading system for life time in our mt4 terminal.
    Once you have the single strategy that is working for you, you do not need anything else. Some traders that are working with tow or more strategies are only doing it because of the inadequacy of the strategies they are usisng. I can not have a good strategy that can give me up to 80 percent profits and still expect me to do some analysis further, that is a waste of time.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 139
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertee View Post
    Once you have the single strategy that is working for you, you do not need anything else. Some traders that are working with tow or more strategies are only doing it because of the inadequacy of the strategies they are usisng. I can not have a good strategy that can give me up to 80 percent profits and still expect me to do some analysis further, that is a waste of time.
    Yes this is a good way to calculate our trading performance nice sir if we have good winning ratio with one single trading strategy then better to continue with the same trading strategy. I am agree with you that there is no benefit to use so many trading strategies if we are only losing our money or getting very lower profit. Trading with one single trading is really a good choice for us. Personally I have also only one single trading strategy that I am using since 2 year's in forex.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    Templates are on the right hand side of coner trading and these is what makes the market work well in certain positions that we have developed and so we have to run the market with the difference that we have valued that traders are able to value are a trading source that makes it better for us to analyse the market right the template may be imported into your account or you can make one

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shambca7 View Post
    Yes this is a good way to calculate our trading performance nice sir if we have good winning ratio with one single trading strategy then better to continue with the same trading strategy. I am agree with you that there is no benefit to use so many trading strategies if we are only losing our money or getting very lower profit. Trading with one single trading is really a good choice for us. Personally I have also only one single trading strategy that I am using since 2 year's in forex.
    I have thought well before i gave that instance, traders can make regular income when they give good system to work for them, they will get what they need from the market without much delays. Either it is single or many system, it is what traders are doing with them that can cause what the return on that will be for the trader using them.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by shambca7 View Post
    True, having many trading strategies will only confuse traders, it is better to master one trading strategies that consistently give us profitable trades rather than try to use many trading strategies that will give more losing trades, trading is not all about having many strategies it is about how effective one strategy that the trader is using that will matter most.

Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 58
    i've got my own template which includes my whole settings of indicators, lines drawing of trends, support resistance, and some important levels. i even named it by myself to make it easier when i want to use the same template in different windows with different pairs to trade. it will spend my time better without setting it anymore. simply load the saved template then apply it in new windows. good things to do and it's basic i think.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    i've got my own template which includes my whole settings of indicators, lines drawing of trends, support resistance, and some important levels. i even named it by myself to make it easier when i want to use the same template in different windows with different pairs to trade. it will spend my time better without setting it anymore. simply load the saved template then apply it in new windows. good things to do and it's basic i think.
    I wish I knew this when I was a newbie trader at least to save myself of the stress of having to load all the technical indicators I used to analyze the market. It was after much learning on different forum sites that I learned this and that is the beauty of being diligent to seek for knowledge through learning. When you have saved a chart into the template you can just apply it to any new currency pair charts you have just opened. I hope newbie traders must have gained something from this thread

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    the work as those had with the details on arrange having with the initials on preset to gives of reference on how and what to manage within the entrance being with the schemes of work with the trading examination that those helps as best to secure of the stable position as expending numbers within limit to work with the request of order by the market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    Templates are well modified and well arranged and well structured trading system that we are able to work with and we are able to see when we are running off as a trader and are able to understand the market well, the template is a mixed and a combination of different trading indicators that will bring a resolve a clear trading tool that brings in the right trade to enter that works well for all.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 139
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariuki View Post
    Templates are well modified and well arranged and well structured trading system that we are able to work with and we are able to see when we are running off as a trader and are able to understand the market well, the template is a mixed and a combination of different trading indicators that will bring a resolve a clear trading tool that brings in the right trade to enter that works well for all.
    Yes trader have their own choices that which kind of template they have to choose for trading they can create so many trading strategies and can convert them into an template so that it will be easier to choose their trading system later with the templates. Personally I have a few of templates which I mostly use in my trading regularly.

Not allowed!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast