Page 3 of 189 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Patterns in market

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

Patterns in market

As we know, market is two-sided auction and if you want to buy, you need somebody to sell. Or if want to sell EURUSD, you need somebody to buy. Forex has much liquidity and you have no problems doing that. Trades are made every second. Somebody wins, somebody loses. It’s continuous process.

Now, let’s imagine that there is one group of traders, employing some statistical pattern, that allows to have edge on the market. They earn money while other group agrees with that. Then, that pattern becomes more recognized by other traders and first group (that benefits from this pattern) becomes wider. Also they have more capital over time. Some people from that group think that they have a «Holy grail» and borrow money to increase leverage. They reinvest all profit and try to «make a fortune».

Over time, second group loses more money. Somebody has run out of money and got margin call, somebody has achieved loss limit. Second group becomes less in capital and in quantity. Capital migrates from pockets of second group to pockets of first group.

Then, profitability of this pattern is screwed up as second group starts reevaluate their trading and adjust it to the market.

This example is simplified for the sake of quick understanding. There are lots of groups of traders on the market with different strategies and targets. But one thing works always – the more one group loses money, the stronger the pain and their intention to change their trading before blowing up an account.

Now let’s get back to patterns. They are different.

Obvious patterns:
    We see it, but can’t benefit from it. For example, everybody knows that market operates from Monday to Friday but nobody can benefit from this knowledge. There are of course come marketplaces that aren’t closed on weekends, but volumes there are slim except some unexpected events, when we see gap on Monday.

Hidden patterns:
    You can’t see it without any specific tools. You need to find it and once you’ve found it you can build trading system around it. Quick example: EURCHF was in flat couple of months ago, gravitating to 1.2000. You could purchase at this price with stop at 1.1500, expecting intervention of Swiss Central Bank.

Temporary patterns:

Those patterns appear from time to time. For example, if price of EURUSD grows rapidly throughout the day, odds are pretty high that you can capture small pullback (work counter-trend) or join a trend wins this pullback. There are lots of other temporary patterns. You will find them if you are willing to spend some time observing charts and journaling what you see.

Seek, find, and earn!

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 08-15-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: ошибка закралась

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5
    I'm using pattern analysis as the basis of the overall my trading system. I have gained great benefit from the analysis using the pattern. It is true, a pattern provides clear information about where the prices are moving and at levels that are clearly. We just need a moment to complete the plan-making order.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    Quote Originally Posted by wanahito View Post
    I'm using pattern analysis as the basis of the overall my trading system. I have gained great benefit from the analysis using the pattern. It is true, a pattern provides clear information about where the prices are moving and at levels that are clearly. We just need a moment to complete the plan-making order.
    True, its very much important for the traders to have certain kind of analysis to be made towards the forex market so that with the help of their analyzing skills they will be able to take up the best and high probability trades which has more chances for winning in the forex market. This way the traders can try to become good traders.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvini View Post
    True, its very much important for the traders to have certain kind of analysis to be made towards the forex market so that with the help of their analyzing skills they will be able to take up the best and high probability trades which has more chances for winning in the forex market. This way the traders can try to become good traders.
    Yeah, because blind trade is something we should avoid after all. If you didn't know anything yet you want to keep trading then you will only loss in the end. Or perhaps, you might won in small luck but you will loss again later. And because of this, all trader need to accumulate the needed experience in trading first so they will know what they should do under a trading event.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 11
    i prefer to work on the three type especially hidden pattern and i think obvious pattern we can get the benefit after it because i think weekly gap in must causes should be cover so i think all the three is we can get the benefit from it , and i think we can use many of that such strategy because i think it is very easy and we need to see the pattern to enter only ..

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvini View Post
    I have my own winning analysis , i follow some candlestick patterns in trading and these patterns gives me more and more money in forex trading market but it needs much learning and practice by the forex trader otherwise we cannot able to earn much money with any trading system.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by wanahito View Post
    I never knew about pattern analysis to make decision. Could you explain it more? Is it same with candlestick pattern to make analysis for next market's movement? It's not easy to know that current market is obvious pattern, hidden pattern or temporary pattern. From my experiences, market can 'fool' us so I made mistakes when I tried to recognize pattern in the market. If you can give more explanation, it will be nice so I could get more accuracy to know market's pattern well.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    i am agree with your opinion. i would like to say you that every trader is unique and trading pattern is also unique. and motives of trading is different in case of their followed strategy. some traders are following fundamental and some prefer technical also prefer scalping so everybody should know the behavior of forex market to be a better trader . specially wanna to say for newbie should follow

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 32
    I knew there are two main kind of patterns which are candlestick pattern and chart pattern. They are different but more powerful to book a profit from the market. I think naked trader knew them very well and already feel the power of that patterns.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by alv_trader View Post
    "there are two main kind of patterns which are candlestick pattern and chart pattern. They are different ... " Can you explain more about their different? Because I don't know much about candlestick pattern or chart pattern. As far, I know a little bit about candlestick pattern, but rarely know about chart pattern. Also please explain it with some screenshot, so i and people here easily understand about chart pattern.
    I don't think if candlestick pattern is different with chart pettern. I think both of them are same, candlestick pattern is known from chart and we can read it from any time frame but it's more accurate if we are using high time frame to make sure the pattern especially if we want to know trending signal or reversal signal from candlestick pattern.

There are many different patterns about candlestick pattern. Those patterns are hammer, pinbar, doji, shooting star, engulfing, and many other patterns. Sometimes, we can be wrong to recognize certain pattern so we can make wrong decision. It's important to spend time for understanding each pattern.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 14
    I like to trade most of the patterns . First of all i trade those candlestick patterns which forms in support and resistance areas because they are very very profitable patterns with mostly 1:2 risk reward ratio.
    Secondly nowdays i am also looking for bullish flag, bearish flag, breaout , wedge patterns etc. Learning new and discovering new things everyday :)

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 189 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast