Thread: Price action basics part 2

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

Price action basics part 2

This is continuation of series of post. Read beginning here

Strong holders vs weak holders

Ok, now if we have distinguished weak holders from strong holders.

And what we really have to do - we want to know, at least to assume what professional players are doing. By professional players I mean dealers or institutions that have to consistently deal with big volumes and give their clients at least average good fills.

Institutional activity

When we are talking about institutional activity, we are talking about strong holders.
    That guys have almost unlimited buying power at their disposal, but it doesn't mean that they want take money from you, they usually have large order from their clients. It not always means that they want to purchase from weak holder, squeeze them and hunt for their stops.

They just want to accumulate position not sqeeezing price against themselves.

First of all, if you look at this chart, how do think, where (on what prices) institutional player was buying (if he was buying at all here)?

Attachment 800

Expected answer is that they were buying at lower level.

But think about their volumes. They are big enough, and they simply would not have enough liquidity to build a position there. They usually have to accumulate - to buy several times, to absorb somebody's sell orders. Otherwize they will not have enough liquidity and make prices grow immediately

So, their buying will be distributed within whole trading range:

Attachment 801

And the first clue of institutional activity is acummulation on moving market (rising or falling market).

They don't have enough order flow going down to absorb, so they have to squeeze prices a bit, but nevertheless they have good average price, not the worst of the period.

It's a wave-like process. It ends with a breakout

Attachment 802

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 11-14-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: any

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 30
    I know that there is a difference between the trading using the technical analysis and others types of the analyzes and the using of the price action . the price action is the science of the candlesticks shapes and how can we use them for the trading only with out any other indicators .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by hosny55 View Post
    I know that there is a difference between the trading using the technical analysis and others types of the analyzes and the using of the price action . the price action is the science of the candlesticks shapes and how can we use them for the trading only with out any other indicators .
    Nice, price action is one of the best and wonderful trading technique in in forex, personally I give 100 out of 100 marks to this kind of technique because I have a good experience and I know that how much powerful experience we can gain through the price action trading system, furthermore our psychology and management should in control too.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    yes i agree with this statement, forex trade can be a good part time job for every one, this is an online business and it can be done at any time that is why the ratio of people who are involved in forex trade is getting high and high as compared to other businesses and getting there good profit.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 538
    Correct sharifulbaf, you are right forex trading business not force anybody to do full time work in forex, this is your own choice that how much time you want to spend for your trading activities, but if you want to do part time trading then I would suggest you to concentrate on long term time frames, even you can choose short but then focus on London and New York sessions only.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Pinnbar represents price action for many traders. if you want to make money with price action you must remember that pinbar wont help. You must make money with proper money management and with proper way of making money is not that simple though.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by sharifulbaf View Post
    yes i agree with this statement, forex trade can be a good part time job for every one, this is an online business and it can be done at any time that is why the ratio of people who are involved in forex trade is getting high and high as compared to other businesses and getting there good profit.
    Yes Forex can be good part time as well as full time source for money. Knowledge is the greatest power in this business knowledge is every thing if you know the basics and do not heed what we learned headaches and we won a lot.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by MIGHTYRAMESH View Post
    Yes Forex can be good part time as well as full time source for money. Knowledge is the greatest power in this business knowledge is every thing if you know the basics and do not heed what we learned headaches and we won a lot.
    To trade Forex full or part time we should first need confidence on the way we trade. Actually i am a scalper so my targets are usually small not exceeding 40 pips. i do not believe in big targets because it takes a long time through which news may appear to reverse the trend in the opposite direction.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    In the Forex trading business only price action is not so important if you really want to be a professional Forex trader then you should be also follow the fundamental and the sentimental analysis properly and then you will be confidently earning money from the trade.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    To trade Forex full or part time we should first need confidence on the way we trade. Actually i am a scalper so my targets are usually small not exceeding 40 pips. i do not believe in big targets because it takes a long time through which news may appear to reverse the trend in the opposite direction.
    To gain confidence we should concentrate on our learning and work. If we dont give full attention or what is needed for success we wont get the success here. It is our knowledge not luck that can bring us profits in trading. Roboforex forum is one of my main guider in forex world.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    In the Forex trading business only price action is not so important if you really want to be a professional Forex trader then you should be also follow the fundamental and the sentimental analysis properly and then you will be confidently earning money from the trade.
    Many factors carry huge importance in the success of a trader. A successful trader is one who has less loss but has more gains. If you want to be as such then you must devote your time to learning and also you must have good money management.

Not allowed!

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast