Page 6 of 271 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a trading system?

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

What is a trading system?

Trading system is a set of tools, rules and algorithms, that will help trader achieve profitability. Whatever combination of tools can be used as a signal – candlesticks combinations, news, indicators and so on. There are no limitations there, trader has flexibility here. The main demand – trading system should have an edge and generate gross profit exceeding gross loss.

Trading system should be described so, that trader should exactly know how to act in different situations. Trader should stick to his rules and not to break it, otherwise result will be unstable.

Trading systems can be divided on two groups:

MTS – Mechanical trading system. Trader executes signals that his system provides, manually. Most popular mechanical systems are based on indicators, but there are some them that even employ news to create a signal.

ATS – Automatic trading system or robot. It is an algorithm that automatically executes every trading signal. Most automatical systems are based on indicators. There are robots that employ Martingale and locks.

System consists of:

1. Strategy (the most important)

2. Set of rules for entry and exit

3. Money management (optimizing losses and increasing profits)

All factors above are used in the exact sequence. Also, it’s important to avoid «over-optimization» and not to fit your parameters to price action from the past to create perfect trading system. Market will change and all optimized trading systems tend to «break» and generate random results after that.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by mstaktar View Post
    Incredible. Thank you just for this complete explanation in relation to dealing techniques bro. Today I realize that will dealing techniques is usually more complex than simply market or buy. Just how in regards to the mental element? Whether it is not built into a method?
    There are many ways to design a trading system. Some of them take psychological issues into consideration, some of them don't. If trader wants to reduce psycholocigal issues, he would probably need to test his system on historical data. It will save him money and health.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboForex Trader View Post
    There are many ways to design a trading system. Some of them take psychological issues into consideration, some of them don't. If trader wants to reduce psycholocigal issues, he would probably need to test his system on historical data. It will save him money and health.
    i think having a trading plan will help and if the trader is trading his trading plan he/she will reduce the level of risk they might be facing when trading.though our trading needed to have well understood before we can implement and plan around it,or else such trader will just keep going against his trading plan.strategy are meant to help us enter the market with up most chance of making profit.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    i would like to add an important think control of emotion. we should also remember that money management , different analysis of market and candle stick, for newbie should practice on demo account in order to make better skill on implementing real trade. through coping with those strategies newbie can increase their trading system.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by dkarev View Post
    i think having a trading plan will help and if the trader is trading his trading plan he/she will reduce the level of risk they might be facing when trading.though our trading needed to have well understood before we can implement and plan around it,or else such trader will just keep going against his trading plan.strategy are meant to help us enter the market with up most chance of making profit.
    Having plan is not enough, you should have discipline to have this executed. I've seen people falling into tilt and forgetting about plan, strategy and any logics after they had significant losses.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    yes there is two type of trading systems but there is a huge defferent between us . automated trading system is a copy for an expert or trader who see him is a succeful . manual trading system is a trading system and the trader trading by him self. i see the manual trading system is better than the other because you can controle your trading by yourself and in the same time you will have more exprience and skills . and you cana void some mistakes who give you a small losses in your future trading

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 32
    Yeah, the main part for trading system as mentioned above by thread starter. But after establish a trading system then we need to follow and employ it with high discipline. In case you aren't discipline then a good trading system will become a trash there.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    A trading system is the set of rules or indicators or any method that you follow in your trading. If you don't have any trading system then you cannot succeed in forex trading. As forex market is totally random so you require some trading system to properly follow it and make money from it.

Not allowed!
    Train insane OR remain the same

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 14
    For me , a trading system includes a indicators and maybe a template as well too.
    Not everyone can develop its own trading system because it is not easy as it looks like. It takes time. And yes, not every trading system which works for others, would work for us too. So we have to be careful also and test new strategies and systems on demo before trading on real.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190
    I prefer to trade manually since I never trade with EA and I like to do some analysis first and watch my trade sometime. When I don't monitor or leave my trade, I just set a stop loss and take profit. This makes my trading more enjoy and safe than leaving my trade using EA. By manual trading, I can increase not only knowledge about some pairs that I've traded but also the trading skill and strategy. I won't get them all if I trade using EA.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    A trading system help us to follow our tradng plans and rules with the help of our analysis in proper way we can use our strategies, techniques and analysis skills in our own style time and management. risk and money managemet are also part of our trading styles and strategies. it's good to have a trading system and follow it's rules and trade smarlty without emotions in our own trading style.

Not allowed!

Page 6 of 271 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast