What is a trading system? - Page 11
Page 11 of 271 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a trading system?

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

What is a trading system?

Trading system is a set of tools, rules and algorithms, that will help trader achieve profitability. Whatever combination of tools can be used as a signal – candlesticks combinations, news, indicators and so on. There are no limitations there, trader has flexibility here. The main demand – trading system should have an edge and generate gross profit exceeding gross loss.

Trading system should be described so, that trader should exactly know how to act in different situations. Trader should stick to his rules and not to break it, otherwise result will be unstable.

Trading systems can be divided on two groups:

MTS – Mechanical trading system. Trader executes signals that his system provides, manually. Most popular mechanical systems are based on indicators, but there are some them that even employ news to create a signal.

ATS – Automatic trading system or robot. It is an algorithm that automatically executes every trading signal. Most automatical systems are based on indicators. There are robots that employ Martingale and locks.

System consists of:

1. Strategy (the most important)

2. Set of rules for entry and exit

3. Money management (optimizing losses and increasing profits)

All factors above are used in the exact sequence. Also, it’s important to avoid «over-optimization» and not to fit your parameters to price action from the past to create perfect trading system. Market will change and all optimized trading systems tend to «break» and generate random results after that.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    thank you for your post and it is very helpful and i also want to add my definition of trading system:::
    A trading system is simply a group of specific rules, or parameters, that determine entry and exit points for a given equity. These points, known as signals, are often marked on a chart in real time and prompt the immediate execution of a trade. but trading system has many disadvantage also..
    *Trading systems are complex.
    * You must be able to make realistic assumptions and effectively employ the system
    * Development can be a time-consuming task
    but it is very much suitable for all of us

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    hmmm..nice share and info about a trading system now that i knew how to explain more systemic about this activity, maybe psychological factor is one of the important thing in this activity, also about your target before start and you know when the right time to enter and when to out

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Aqeel09; 10-27-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: edited

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mark48 View Post
    Yes i agree with you good trading system consist of not only a trading strategy through which trade open their trades in forex market,but it also consist of many good rules which traders have to follow them for good earning and minimizing their risk factors.trading system is a complete system which every traders must have for their trading which allow traders to do trading according to forex market to increase their earning..
    Yes, good trading system will determine how good we can make good trading. The good trading system must have more than 70% winning rate, then we can make consistent profit every month. But we must discipline in every trade the the trading system will give us good profit. if we dont discipline with the trading system, we still can't make consistent profit but consistent losses

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ebizripan View Post
    My dear Super moderator thanks for your viable post and I do trading with MTS system, I try to use the rules of MTS but sometimes my emotions work and it makes me greedy while I see there is chance to make huge money with in short period of time and it kills my account because of over trade.
    im trading with mechanical system because the indicators play an important role in my trading but actually there are many indicators and we cannot trust of it's signak but we can test it on demo to see the result and put the good one on the chart but we must remember that simple system good than complex one

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    It will be better to use only one system in a time so we can maximize profit and minimize loss because there is no one who can gain 100% profit so system will be used to know when is the best time to start and stop trading, preparation in money management, the best strategy to use with current style of trading and many other things which are needed to become good traders. A lot of practices can make trader better in making good analysis.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Without a trading system, the trader will have no weapon to beat the market, and that is why the trading systems are better to be used by the forex trader all the time that the are doing trading. If the trader want the best in all that he is doing, they will stick to a particular trading skills that is helping them all the time that the trade.
    I am agree with you. If there is no system so it's impossible to become successful traders because there is no guidance for traders to gain consistency on profit and preparation to maximize profit and minimize loss. And also, system could improve our performance because it's possible to evaluate what we have done if there is system to follow.

And also, we can fix something wrong in the system if there is clear system which has been made. If there is no clear system, so we won't know what must be fixed so we can gain more profits.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    In general, more frequent use of forex traders trading system MTS than ATS. Because the MTS system is easier to practice where we can control our trade manually and can be determined in accordance with our wishes. While the ATS is more often used by traders who had advanced, where they have a goal to create automated trading systems and automated transactions through forex robot.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5
    In every bussiness have bussiness system or trading system.What we do this in our bussiness and we are get profit from our bussiness.Like that the trading system in forex market how we are get profit from our trading and which system is best for us.If we have good trading system then we can make good profit from the forex market.

Not allowed!
    SUCCESS Is the SUM of SMALL efforts,
    Repeated DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 32
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    Yes i believe on the trading system with indicators,they can help us but i not trust on them 100% or more as many trader do this,they are just to give us hint and they might be a wrong information providers too,so traders should always start their trading without the help of indicators if possible or use just some importent which give you batter results and chacked by you many times in your demo account.
    The indicator is just a trading tools to help trader receive the trading signal. And the indicator also made from algorithma and logic which it implemented and compacted into program language so metatrader system can read it. Since indicator is the trading tool, so it also included into the trading system.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Traders sees the market not for money manging, but for direction of what they want to follow. The stop loss and the take profits are one important things they need to make good trading. No matter the trading analysis that you are using, you need these to make your trading account to have success as you have wanting it to be.

Not allowed!

Page 11 of 271 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast