Journal - Page 238
Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2390

Thread: Journal

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    489
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

    Journal

    It’s been said that trader should have a journal, but not everybody understands for what purpose. Let’s go to Wikipedia and explore – what the journal is?

    «a daily record of events or business; a private journal is usually referred to as a diary»

    To progress in personal and professional growth, it’s very useful to have a personal journal (diary) because it structures our experience and allows to move forward. That’s why you’d better have your journal – you don’t need to have public journal, it can exist for your personal use. Journal whatever makes sense concerning your trading: trades, ideas, observations, notes. You can even write down what your mood is when you make a trade.

    Example: Some event occurred on the market and it has changed everything, but you don’t know what’s going on. Make a note. Later on, when you know the reasons, you may add a commentary that explains reasons of that event.
    There are investors that are careless about your account statements, they want to know who you are as a person and are you eligible for funding.

    Having a journal, novice trader also has one more benefit in future. He will be serious about his trading. It will lower influence of psychological issues on his performance.

    Also, it’s very useful to analyse your journal to know your mistakes. In future it would be easier to eliminate such mistakes if your know how they affect your trading.

    P.S. If somebody uses any services or software for journaling, share it. I use Evernote.

    Please preserve yourself from comments «Diary is a great thing!» This thread is about ways of keeping a journal.

    PS.PS. If you don’t know why you need a journal and want to keep everything in mind, this thread is not for you!

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 08-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

  2. #2371
    Registered user Sascha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Racoon City
    Posts
    3,516
    Promo (¢)
    450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    Trading journal is one thing we ignore, but yet, it is so much profitable and then required of us to succeed. A good method by which the trader can become profitable trader is that they get to learn and have a trading good journal, you need to have the rightful approach in trading, if you want to succeed, always get to follow the method that other successful traders did made use of.
    no longer "we" in this case because more traders has realized the importance of having journal and started to create one for themselves months or years ago after or before reading this thread. maybe it's too late for other old traders to have a journal but in this business there's no late word. keep up to everything we may have missed in our past and add more useful things to make our trading system become complete along with new journal.

    Not allowed!

  3. #2372
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,853
    Promo (¢)
    1,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    no longer "we" in this case because more traders has realized the importance of having journal and started to create one for themselves months or years ago after or before reading this thread. maybe it's too late for other old traders to have a journal but in this business there's no late word. keep up to everything we may have missed in our past and add more useful things to make our trading system become complete along with new journal.
    I agree most of traders in the forum too already have their journals and they update this journal with necessary information about their trading activity. Experience is the great teacher and keeping a journal keeps us actively involved and focused on what we are trading and learn the most therefrom. We need to evaluate our trading with clear mind, without involving emotions in order to make it better. .

    Not allowed!

  4. #2373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    161
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Forex trading journal may then contain the accounts of the methods It we utilize throughout forex trading, and also my partner and I additionally noted It numerous changes or development associated with approaches with an journal. therefore your journal is actually practical to help see how much change as well as improvement This we carry while learning forex or perhaps forex trading.

    Not allowed!

  5. #2374
    Registered user sniper007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    10,900
    Promo (¢)
    2,895
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 146
    We all do need to have that trading journal so that we can make good decisions in the market. You don't keep on thinking that you can make a good decisions when you don't have a good trading journal that you are making use of because believe it or not, they all have a way of contributing to our success, as a good trading journal do help a trader to make good corrections to past mistakes.

    Not allowed!

  6. #2375
    Registered user Toyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7,282
    Promo (¢)
    4,860
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    I agree most of traders in the forum too already have their journals and they update this journal with necessary information about their trading activity. Experience is the great teacher and keeping a journal keeps us actively involved and focused on what we are trading and learn the most therefrom. We need to evaluate our trading with clear mind, without involving emotions in order to make it better. .
    The journal with many traders of this forum are not the journals they are taking seriously, you should know through the way they are trading it. Among all of them that are currently using journal, it is only a trader that i know that is serious with his journal, and his current trading improve is a prove to that. With journal, traders will risk, use management and likewise make sure they sharpen the efficacy of their trading strategy.

    Not allowed!

  7. #2376
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,769
    Promo (¢)
    -30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 19
    The advantage of this journal cannot be written off because the journal is one good place a trader can have a great record about their trading and plan on the better way they can make good profits themselves. This journal is good and the capability of tracking your trading activities will be easily made possible by the records of of your journal. A trader creates journal to build themselves with their method and it will be good we all have one.

    Not allowed!

  8. #2377
    Registered user Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,390
    Promo (¢)
    330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthred View Post
    The advantage of this journal cannot be written off because the journal is one good place a trader can have a great record about their trading and plan on the better way they can make good profits themselves. This journal is good and the capability of tracking your trading activities will be easily made possible by the records of of your journal. A trader creates journal to build themselves with their method and it will be good we all have one.
    Learning and evaluation are possible to do when traders has a trading journal. It's a complete data where we store our trading ideas, analysis, signals, and market's current movement along with its detailed description. We won't find any other complete explanation about our trading activities without journal and it's a must have for every traders before they begin this business. Unfortunately, I saw with my own eyes that many traders in the business still don't have a journal.

    Not allowed!
    rules made to be followed, not to be broken

  9. #2378
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,853
    Promo (¢)
    1,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Learning and evaluation are possible to do when traders has a trading journal. It's a complete data where we store our trading ideas, analysis, signals, and market's current movement along with its detailed description. We won't find any other complete explanation about our trading activities without journal and it's a must have for every traders before they begin this business. Unfortunately, I saw with my own eyes that many traders in the business still don't have a journal.
    Yes journal keeping facilitates the process of our evaluations, assessments and the process of developing into a good trading through our experience. A journal is like our guidebook that can guide us on how to make our trading better and steps we need to take to bring down our losses and increase our profits. But many traders are not serious to keep the journal and that becomes the reason for their failure to develop.

    Not allowed!

  10. #2379
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,436
    Promo (¢)
    690
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    Yes journal keeping facilitates the process of our evaluations, assessments and the process of developing into a good trading through our experience. A journal is like our guidebook that can guide us on how to make our trading better and steps we need to take to bring down our losses and increase our profits. But many traders are not serious to keep the journal and that becomes the reason for their failure to develop.
    Yes a journal helps us to be more serious about doing all the evaluations and based on that decide our future course of actions. Whether weekly or monthly this evaluation with the aid of a journal is necessary to keep track of our trading and think of ways for its betterment. Analyzing my past trades one thing I came to know is avoiding high risk trading is very good.

    Not allowed!

  11. #2380
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Biafra
    Posts
    11,478
    Promo (¢)
    3,255
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 20
    There is always a need to keep a journal. If we have a plan to become successful and at least get to earn in forex, we must know how to build a great journal that would help us so much to make the best of trade. Your journal is a great place to tell your trading activities and it can help you know if really you are developing or not. This journal is an easy way to track our success rate in forex and so getting prepared will prove a point for our means to manage our trades.

    Not allowed!

Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •