Thread: Journal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

Journal

It’s been said that trader should have a journal, but not everybody understands for what purpose. Let’s go to Wikipedia and explore – what the journal is?

«a daily record of events or business; a private journal is usually referred to as a diary»

To progress in personal and professional growth, it’s very useful to have a personal journal (diary) because it structures our experience and allows to move forward. That’s why you’d better have your journal – you don’t need to have public journal, it can exist for your personal use. Journal whatever makes sense concerning your trading: trades, ideas, observations, notes. You can even write down what your mood is when you make a trade.

Example: Some event occurred on the market and it has changed everything, but you don’t know what’s going on. Make a note. Later on, when you know the reasons, you may add a commentary that explains reasons of that event.
    There are investors that are careless about your account statements, they want to know who you are as a person and are you eligible for funding.

Having a journal, novice trader also has one more benefit in future. He will be serious about his trading. It will lower influence of psychological issues on his performance.

Also, it’s very useful to analyse your journal to know your mistakes. In future it would be easier to eliminate such mistakes if your know how they affect your trading.

P.S. If somebody uses any services or software for journaling, share it. I use Evernote.

Please preserve yourself from comments «Diary is a great thing!» This thread is about ways of keeping a journal.

PS.PS. If you don’t know why you need a journal and want to keep everything in mind, this thread is not for you!

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 08-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189
    I also use Evernote, now added twitter. By the way - twiiter can be connected to Evernote

Not allowed!

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33
    Value trader, most traders use evernote.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1
    I the journal is the record in the trading that keep your previous record in the trading and i think it is look dairy that help you in the trading to reviews your previous trading and help you to avoid the mistake in the trading .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Having a trading journal is a very important and highly recommended for every trader in the making, with a forex trading journal, then we will be able to easily learn back of the transactions in the past which have both suffered a loss or a profit, so that the future trade later we will be better again.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by biglot View Post
    Having a trading journal is a very important and highly recommended for every trader in the making, with a forex trading journal, then we will be able to easily learn back of the transactions in the past which have both suffered a loss or a profit, so that the future trade later we will be better again.
    [lang=ar]I believe that the Journal and his key in the forex market if you want to succeed in the forex market should have Dguetr daily record of everything that happens to you in the forex market and must be trained and learn it well and must follow everything new in this book so that it can succeed the Forex Market[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by biglot View Post
    well dear, I think trading journal very effective knowledge and strategy, because if you want to trade just by using your technical strategy then you will not success overall, so trading journal very nice way for market understanding, but you should to note every important thing from journal otherwise you can not make perfect decision easily.

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by sam9630 View Post
    I the journal is the record in the trading that keep your previous record in the trading and i think it is look dairy that help you in the trading to reviews your previous trading and help you to avoid the mistake in the trading .
    I think the journal is the like the diary book and keep your record of the trading and i think it is help full when you will check your performance in the trading and you will point out you previous mistake and make the better strategy in the trading to make the more and improve your trading.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Journal is an important part of the Forex trader. When we might be doing some research work on our trading strategy , It can help me to develop my strategy providing data. It is a written diary from where we can get our previous mistakes and we can take action on this mistakes in our future trading.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ebizripan View Post
    Journal is an important part of the Forex trader. When we might be doing some research work on our trading strategy , It can help me to develop my strategy providing data. It is a written diary from where we can get our previous mistakes and we can take action on this mistakes in our future trading.
    Having a trading journal will be important because it will help us to improve our trading skills. It will show where is our mistake and it can be used to fix the mistake. Having a journal also will help us to always remember to avoid all of mistake that we did in the past until now. If we don't have trading journal then we may repeating the mistake since we forget about how to avoid the mistake.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 219 123451151101 ... LastLast