Journal - Page 2
Page 2 of 239 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

Journal

It’s been said that trader should have a journal, but not everybody understands for what purpose. Let’s go to Wikipedia and explore – what the journal is?

«a daily record of events or business; a private journal is usually referred to as a diary»

To progress in personal and professional growth, it’s very useful to have a personal journal (diary) because it structures our experience and allows to move forward. That’s why you’d better have your journal – you don’t need to have public journal, it can exist for your personal use. Journal whatever makes sense concerning your trading: trades, ideas, observations, notes. You can even write down what your mood is when you make a trade.

Example: Some event occurred on the market and it has changed everything, but you don’t know what’s going on. Make a note. Later on, when you know the reasons, you may add a commentary that explains reasons of that event.
    There are investors that are careless about your account statements, they want to know who you are as a person and are you eligible for funding.

Having a journal, novice trader also has one more benefit in future. He will be serious about his trading. It will lower influence of psychological issues on his performance.

Also, it’s very useful to analyse your journal to know your mistakes. In future it would be easier to eliminate such mistakes if your know how they affect your trading.

P.S. If somebody uses any services or software for journaling, share it. I use Evernote.

Please preserve yourself from comments «Diary is a great thing!» This thread is about ways of keeping a journal.

PS.PS. If you don’t know why you need a journal and want to keep everything in mind, this thread is not for you!

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 08-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 538
    I also not use forex journal but according to that's right we should have a journal regarding our trading it will help us to grow our knowledge, and will help us to check our new records with old ones and we can make a very good planning for future trading so its very nice idea i think

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamed reda View Post
    it is so important for me and for any trader here to share our experience i think we must use this forum to learn Forex market and to share our real experience about this business .it will be a great place to stay here for any beginner trader .
    Certainly, because a lot of novices entering the forum and they participate in order to learn and also watch the senior traders and how they think and do technical analysis so I see it's very important to spread the experience that we get from the forex market even learn all traders and be a common exchange

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 80
    Journal is very useful for a trader to know what has gone wrong with his trading activity and make corrective measures. Creating Forex trading journal is important for our progress in trading. After all success in Forex is nothing but a process of correcting our mistakes and improving our skills. Journal helps a lot to a trader in this.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    i heard before about trading with journal but actually i dont have this source because i didn't use it before but actually im trading with news impact and uses many site to be ready for the time of the impact but journal not .but some time the forums give us the news and the journal news if some one like to see it

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by king22 View Post
    i heard before about trading with journal but actually i dont have this source because i didn't use it before but actually im trading with news impact and uses many site to be ready for the time of the impact but journal not .but some time the forums give us the news and the journal news if some one like to see it
    maybe the trading with journal is just like watching the trade history of the pro traders that succeed in the past. by learning how they make a decision will be able to help us to get an even better price and better strategy for sure. But not many will be able to get such a journal for sure because many people charges money for that.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 113
    Keeping a journal of our trades will help us to know our trading mistakes and our trading strengths. Success in Forex is nothing but a process of overcoming our trading weaknesses and strengthening our trading skills. We can also generate a statement of our trades from the mt4 terminal and review them.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    We will need trading journal because it will help us when we want to learn from our mistake in the past. With having a journal then we will know what kind of mistake that we made in the past and how it happen. Trading journal also can be used to find our weakness point while trading so we can improving our trading skills after knowing about that.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by thenight View Post
    We will need trading journal because it will help us when we want to learn from our mistake in the past. With having a journal then we will know what kind of mistake that we made in the past and how it happen. Trading journal also can be used to find our weakness point while trading so we can improving our trading skills after knowing about that.
    Yes you're right, having trading journal is useful for us to evaluate our performance in forex trading in the form of historical, we can even monitor the progress in skill and performance of our trade. Trading journal is making us work systematically in the trade.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 14
    I believe our own hand work would work out the best.
    SO i write by myself from my own hand in a notebook and record daily transactions which i do on my account and in this way i can access it whenever i want to. I dont use the digitalized way though.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4
    I have started to make a trading journal since 5 months ago. I think trading journal is essential to remind me in making plans and decisions. I have often forgotten and helped by my journal. Trading jurnal is my best partner

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 239 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast