Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2388

Thread: Journal

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

Journal

It’s been said that trader should have a journal, but not everybody understands for what purpose. Let’s go to Wikipedia and explore – what the journal is?

«a daily record of events or business; a private journal is usually referred to as a diary»

To progress in personal and professional growth, it’s very useful to have a personal journal (diary) because it structures our experience and allows to move forward. That’s why you’d better have your journal – you don’t need to have public journal, it can exist for your personal use. Journal whatever makes sense concerning your trading: trades, ideas, observations, notes. You can even write down what your mood is when you make a trade.

Example: Some event occurred on the market and it has changed everything, but you don’t know what’s going on. Make a note. Later on, when you know the reasons, you may add a commentary that explains reasons of that event.
    There are investors that are careless about your account statements, they want to know who you are as a person and are you eligible for funding.

Having a journal, novice trader also has one more benefit in future. He will be serious about his trading. It will lower influence of psychological issues on his performance.

Also, it’s very useful to analyse your journal to know your mistakes. In future it would be easier to eliminate such mistakes if your know how they affect your trading.

P.S. If somebody uses any services or software for journaling, share it. I use Evernote.

Please preserve yourself from comments «Diary is a great thing!» This thread is about ways of keeping a journal.

PS.PS. If you don’t know why you need a journal and want to keep everything in mind, this thread is not for you!

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 08-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 68
    Journal are perfect record trading transactions we have made and this journal helps us to track our journey towards trading for ourselves. Every plan to grow can be well tracked with our journal and I must say it's one thing every serious trader must look to have. A good trading journal will always give us the chance to write about our trading transactions and also see if we are really growing at a specific period of time or not. It's good to keep a journal and I must urge every trader here to make it a priority to have their own personal journal.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen View Post
    Journal are perfect record trading transactions we have made and this journal helps us to track our journey towards trading for ourselves. Every plan to grow can be well tracked with our journal and I must say it's one thing every serious trader must look to have. A good trading journal will always give us the chance to write about our trading transactions and also see if we are really growing at a specific period of time or not. It's good to keep a journal and I must urge every trader here to make it a priority to have their own personal journal.
    unfortunately creating a trading journal seems bit uninteresting to do even until nowadays. many traders are showing their interest in this but less to be found to create a journal. probably they're just making their own journal and keep things for themselves individually because we only see few members who created trading journals in this forum. mine also inactive for years since my last update there because i'm doing things with my laptop.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    unfortunately creating a trading journal seems bit uninteresting to do even until nowadays. many traders are showing their interest in this but less to be found to create a journal. probably they're just making their own journal and keep things for themselves individually because we only see few members who created trading journals in this forum. mine also inactive for years since my last update there because i'm doing things with my laptop.
    earning can become good for us it means a interesting activity if we know about market but we people do not have experience we do not have proper analysis when we do not know about market and loses so it seems an uninteresting activity, in trading we people our learning is everything if we learn fully we can earn here but if we do not learn we can lose,any way of trade can give us profit if we learn it fully

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 130
    Your trading journal should be your source of quality trading and improvement, in such a way that you have to always take a good look at the journal and then learn how you have been trading in the past and see if there are some mistakes that you should correct. That is the main reason why we need to have stable recordings, because then we will be able not to forget the past mistakes and avoid repeating.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Your trading journal should be your source of quality trading and improvement, in such a way that you have to always take a good look at the journal and then learn how you have been trading in the past and see if there are some mistakes that you should correct. That is the main reason why we need to have stable recordings, because then we will be able not to forget the past mistakes and avoid repeating.
    It is seen that more serious aspirants in the field of Forex trading keep a journal and regularly evaluate their performance. Through this process of evaluation and journalizing they get to eventually learn vital lessons from their experience and become expert traders over time. A journal will let us know how exactly we are trading, what are the things we can do to cut our losses or enhance our profitability.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    It is seen that more serious aspirants in the field of Forex trading keep a journal and regularly evaluate their performance. Through this process of evaluation and journalizing they get to eventually learn vital lessons from their experience and become expert traders over time. A journal will let us know how exactly we are trading, what are the things we can do to cut our losses or enhance our profitability.
    one who doesn't share a trading journal isn't become a proof that he or she isn't serious about this trading. i once shared my journal in this forum too but i don't update it in regular basis because i use my whole time to analyze market and do my daily activities beside in forex market. i also afraid when i'm sharing something to my journal, many traders would disagree to me for things i want to do.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 19
    A journal is an important thing to keep on this business and if we are interested in growing in forex, we must do everything it would take to create the right journal that would help us take all records of our trade and easily summarize our trading history at a particular period of time to realize how we could build up the best trade. Good traders always keep journal because the importance can't be overlooked for any serious trader who wants to track their growth.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    The sole purpose of having a trading journal is for the trader to learn how to trade the market and improve in whatever skills the trader is trading with. We can trade with the journal and get to be successful, the journal will make us more advanced in the way we trade, and it will make us more professional with the skills we are using to trade the market. Journal is just an advanced method to learn the market better.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    The sole purpose of having a trading journal is for the trader to learn how to trade the market and improve in whatever skills the trader is trading with. We can trade with the journal and get to be successful, the journal will make us more advanced in the way we trade, and it will make us more professional with the skills we are using to trade the market. Journal is just an advanced method to learn the market better.
    Yes, forex journal is for learning, but that learning is not the regular learning, it is an advanced learning as you have said. If forex traders could be serious with their forex journal, it is sure that the trader will climb the ladder of success very fast, because the forex journal will make traders to quickly know their weakness and strength so fast, so that the trader can immediately work on improving on them.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    Yes, forex journal is for learning, but that learning is not the regular learning, it is an advanced learning as you have said. If forex traders could be serious with their forex journal, it is sure that the trader will climb the ladder of success very fast, because the forex journal will make traders to quickly know their weakness and strength so fast, so that the trader can immediately work on improving on them.
    i'm using my trading journal mostly for evaluation purpose. learning is another common process i always do with my demo account whenever i want to trade with news i don't usually choose in real account, then i tests it on demo to know something new to add into my knowledge. my journal is full of theories for different news and it contains less numbers of calculation because i analyze based on probabilities, not with numbers.

Not allowed!

Page 236 of 239 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239 LastLast