Page 1 of 217 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

Journal

It’s been said that trader should have a journal, but not everybody understands for what purpose. Let’s go to Wikipedia and explore – what the journal is?

«a daily record of events or business; a private journal is usually referred to as a diary»

To progress in personal and professional growth, it’s very useful to have a personal journal (diary) because it structures our experience and allows to move forward. That’s why you’d better have your journal – you don’t need to have public journal, it can exist for your personal use. Journal whatever makes sense concerning your trading: trades, ideas, observations, notes. You can even write down what your mood is when you make a trade.

Example: Some event occurred on the market and it has changed everything, but you don’t know what’s going on. Make a note. Later on, when you know the reasons, you may add a commentary that explains reasons of that event.
    There are investors that are careless about your account statements, they want to know who you are as a person and are you eligible for funding.

Having a journal, novice trader also has one more benefit in future. He will be serious about his trading. It will lower influence of psychological issues on his performance.

Also, it’s very useful to analyse your journal to know your mistakes. In future it would be easier to eliminate such mistakes if your know how they affect your trading.

P.S. If somebody uses any services or software for journaling, share it. I use Evernote.

Please preserve yourself from comments «Diary is a great thing!» This thread is about ways of keeping a journal.

PS.PS. If you don’t know why you need a journal and want to keep everything in mind, this thread is not for you!

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 08-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191
    I also use Evernote, now added twitter. By the way - twiiter can be connected to Evernote

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Value trader, most traders use evernote.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1
    I the journal is the record in the trading that keep your previous record in the trading and i think it is look dairy that help you in the trading to reviews your previous trading and help you to avoid the mistake in the trading .

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    it very important we have a trading journal especially when we might be doing research on a trading strategy,it also help because we can always use it to review our trading strategy when we make any kinda mistakes when trading,though Forex is about profit and loss but journal record will help us reduce our mistakes when we review it.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    it is so important for me and for any trader here to share our experience i think we must use this forum to learn Forex market and to share our real experience about this business .it will be a great place to stay here for any beginner trader .

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 15
    I also make a journal, usually once a month,,, especially when market changing and somewhat I can't make any OP because market can not forming/matching my current system.

I usually write in a paper, draw the market pattern, calculate daily average and testing few indicator settings.

Question:
    If member here want to make journal, do they have to write in this thread?..... or could we make our own thread just like inside 'Trading Strategies' subthread?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    I do not use a forex trading journal, probably because I am still a beginner and do not know how the right way to create a trading journal. Forex trading journal might contain the records of the strategies that we use in forex trading, and we also noted that various changes or development of strategies in a journal. so the journal can be useful to see how much change and improvement that we get when learning forex or forex trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 15
    Quote Originally Posted by martyn View Post
    I do not use a forex trading journal, probably because I am still a beginner and do not know how the right way to create a trading journal. Forex trading journal might contain the records of the strategies that we use in forex trading, and we also noted that various changes or development of strategies in a journal. so the journal can be useful to see how much change and improvement that we get when learning forex or forex trading.
    Creating forex trading journal is important for our trading, especially for increasing our skill and sharpening our OP (enter-exit market) quality.

The most easy way to create journal is to draw the market pattern & then write the time & date that OP. If we loss, then make a note of it, same as if we get profit.... Compare all previous data with every day-to-day , then finally we summarize (why win and why loss), until we found the good time & good condition to trade.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by widhie75 View Post
    Question:
    If member here want to make journal, do they have to write in this thread?..... or could we make our own thread just like inside 'Trading Strategies' subthread?
    Yes, create a topic in the trading strategy. Make a detailed description of your strategy in the first post in detail. Example: http://forum.roboforex.com/threads/5...-Tunnel-system

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 217 123451151101 ... LastLast