Results 2,881 to 2,882 of 2882

Thread: Cut your losses

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50

Cut your losses

I believe that many traders will be wondering why some traders are successful, and while many are failing. It is true that more than 95% of traders are losing their money, while fragment less than 5% are adding more profits every time in the market. It has always being like that, and it will continue if traders do not take action.

The first thing to do if you want success is to have a preserving ways of the account. If the trading account is actively preserved, then I believe that you have a better opportunity and trading shots next time you trade. This is the main reason for the success of some traders, SURVIVAL!

CUTTING YOUR LOSSES: Almost all the traders I have known that fails in this market are having a trading system that is more than 75% winning. It means that they lose all their accounts, that is why they do not have the privilege to continue the task/challenge in the market any further.

And the only way to stop this is to limit the way you are losing in the market. If you can adopt the tight stop loss usage (By tight stop loss, I means having a stop loss of nothing more than 10-30pips) depending on the trading system you are using). This means that the account will be active all the time, and you will be active when there are opportunities that will favour you comes.

In other words, always place your stop loss, and let it be tight. Never allow your account to be free to drawdown, this is the way a trader have margin calls and have their accounts stopped at the same time, this is a careless act is the stop loss is more. And if the account is preserved, you will have success with time. HAPPY TRADING!

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 203
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Queen View Post
    using stop loss is the best answer to this and it is not negotiable, unless we got some different method to cut our losses to prevent us from getting margin call and stop out. any other methods are allowed to do as long as we understand the risk and how to do that. meanwhile i still prefer to use stop loss as my only way to cut my losses and accept my bad trades as my own error in trading. normally it happens when market is moving against our analysis which often happens too.
    Yes indeed, stop loss is the best way to do it but you should know that not everyone is good at using it, In fact, there are a lot of traders who believe that stop loss is another reason for loss and it is impossible to be successful in this market if you use it.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by tfs2012 View Post
    Yes indeed, stop loss is the best way to do it but you should know that not everyone is good at using it, In fact, there are a lot of traders who believe that stop loss is another reason for loss and it is impossible to be successful in this market if you use it.
    You are right and I am 100% agree with you. A trader will note do best trade in the market till he will not use proper stop loss in his every trade. A Professional trader believe that stop loss is a big indicator for our trading career to do safe trading. if a trader have good emotion control technique than he can easily do trade with proper stop loss.

Not allowed!

Page 289 of 289 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289