Cut your losses - Page 323
Page 323 of 328 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3271

Thread: Cut your losses

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,036
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50

    Cut your losses

    I believe that many traders will be wondering why some traders are successful, and while many are failing. It is true that more than 95% of traders are losing their money, while fragment less than 5% are adding more profits every time in the market. It has always being like that, and it will continue if traders do not take action.

    The first thing to do if you want success is to have a preserving ways of the account. If the trading account is actively preserved, then I believe that you have a better opportunity and trading shots next time you trade. This is the main reason for the success of some traders, SURVIVAL!

    CUTTING YOUR LOSSES: Almost all the traders I have known that fails in this market are having a trading system that is more than 75% winning. It means that they lose all their accounts, that is why they do not have the privilege to continue the task/challenge in the market any further.

    And the only way to stop this is to limit the way you are losing in the market. If you can adopt the tight stop loss usage (By tight stop loss, I means having a stop loss of nothing more than 10-30pips) depending on the trading system you are using). This means that the account will be active all the time, and you will be active when there are opportunities that will favour you comes.

    In other words, always place your stop loss, and let it be tight. Never allow your account to be free to drawdown, this is the way a trader have margin calls and have their accounts stopped at the same time, this is a careless act is the stop loss is more. And if the account is preserved, you will have success with time. HAPPY TRADING!

    Not allowed!

  2. #3221
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5,253
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 87
    Losses will always be part of the business, this is one thing I have always known, but as a matter of fact, you should know that losses can't be avoided, but we can take a good control over it, whereas making sure that we don't take bad trades and also making sure that we are always more focused on dealing with the business and making good trading decisions.

    Not allowed!

  3. #3222
    Trader Senorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Africa
    Posts
    6,958
    Promo (¢)
    12,285
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 72
    What will help us is that we do everything to cut loss and try our best to improve on the chance to which we can earn from forex. Stop loss have been the best way to manage risk and every plan to manage this loss will help us come up with the best trade. Cutting of loss will do us every good and its the way to survive and improve on the chance to build a profitable trade that will lead us to earn from this market always.

    Not allowed!

  4. #3223
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7,824
    Promo (¢)
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 96
    Your losses can be controlled and because of such control, that has been the reason why we have gotten to have the use of the stoploss which we all know that will help us to put the losses in good control after all, so when we have a good strategy what that should follow is that we need to make sure that we are making use of good stoploss to always protect our trading account.

    Not allowed!


  5. #3224
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,308
    Promo (¢)
    1,680
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Your losses can be controlled and because of such control, that has been the reason why we have gotten to have the use of the stoploss which we all know that will help us to put the losses in good control after all, so when we have a good strategy what that should follow is that we need to make sure that we are making use of good stoploss to always protect our trading account.
    Some traders dont want to accept that some of their trades ends in losses and so they avoid using stop loss. Accepting losses is a must for traders because we cannot make our trading totally free from losses, we should not become repulsive here. Further if we can use the stop loss effectively it will surely prove itself to be one of the best risk management tools that we can have in the market.

    Not allowed!

  6. #3225
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,271
    Promo (¢)
    2,615
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6
    The main reason why we must cut losses immidiately is leverage. Leverage is very good tool when we earn money but whe we start to lose money so losses increase rapidly and they must be cut according money management rules in order to have deposit to open new order and recover from losses. It is impossible to earn without cutting losses.

    Not allowed!

  7. #3226
    Rookie ola4real's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,420
    Promo (¢)
    9,060
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by MIGHTYRAMESH View Post
    Some traders dont want to accept that some of their trades ends in losses and so they avoid using stop loss. Accepting losses is a must for traders because we cannot make our trading totally free from losses, we should not become repulsive here. Further if we can use the stop loss effectively it will surely prove itself to be one of the best risk management tools that we can have in the market.
    It is wrong for forex traders not to accept their losses, they can lose at any time. This is forex field for crying out loud, there is no traders who can be perfect, we should get ready for the unforeseen situation in forex field. We can be using the regular stop loss for this purposes, there is nothing that is more effective to cut our losses for us than this, that is why i don't ever trade without stop loss.

    Not allowed!

  8. #3227
    Rookie Toyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,724
    Promo (¢)
    10,740
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    It is wrong for forex traders not to accept their losses, they can lose at any time. This is forex field for crying out loud, there is no traders who can be perfect, we should get ready for the unforeseen situation in forex field. We can be using the regular stop loss for this purposes, there is nothing that is more effective to cut our losses for us than this, that is why i don't ever trade without stop loss.
    It is not what is good not to accept losses, we are traders, we have to know that losing is not good, and when we leave it to be compounding in much floating minus, it will be a disaster to our trading account over the time. We can trade the market and get to be gaining only when we have our capital intact in the trading account. When we have left it careless to more losing, we will no more have hope.

    Not allowed!

  9. #3228
    Rookie Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,307
    Promo (¢)
    1,400
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 41
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    It is wrong for forex traders not to accept their losses, they can lose at any time. This is forex field for crying out loud, there is no traders who can be perfect, we should get ready for the unforeseen situation in forex field. We can be using the regular stop loss for this purposes, there is nothing that is more effective to cut our losses for us than this, that is why i don't ever trade without stop loss.
    For the time being, traders will soon learning everything from their winning and losing trades. Each time we'll get to know ourself from our winning trades, and knows a lot better when we lose the trades. Cutting our loss has different perspective for traders, for me it's only through stop loss. I can cut my trades in loss without stop loss but I think it's better for me to leave everything to my analysis and market.

    Not allowed!
    rules made to be followed, not to be broken

  10. #3229
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,287
    Promo (¢)
    10,770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    It is wrong for forex traders not to accept their losses, they can lose at any time. This is forex field for crying out loud, there is no traders who can be perfect, we should get ready for the unforeseen situation in forex field. We can be using the regular stop loss for this purposes, there is nothing that is more effective to cut our losses for us than this, that is why i don't ever trade without stop loss.
    we cannot be a perfect trader so for this thing we need to work on some proper management, we all know we can not survive here without some proper management, so make sure if you want to trade with secure trading you must accept some loss, we can not accept all loss in single order also, so its wrong we can trade well if we have good management if we have good experience, so learning is matter here but our management also important here

    Not allowed!

  11. #3230
    Rookie Rylai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,562
    Promo (¢)
    2,300
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    we cannot be a perfect trader so for this thing we need to work on some proper management, we all know we can not survive here without some proper management, so make sure if you want to trade with secure trading you must accept some loss, we can not accept all loss in single order also, so its wrong we can trade well if we have good management if we have good experience, so learning is matter here but our management also important here
    Perfection lies within each traders who do this trading seriously. no need to tell how good we become with our skills and experience because such things must be kept deep down inside ourself. a good trading result explains everything we have with our experience and knowledge. doing this prevention to cut our loss is a good call for situation where we can't control our loss anymore with stop loss or we don't want to wait for market to hit it.

    Not allowed!

Page 323 of 328 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •