Cut your losses - Page 2
Page 2 of 328 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 3271

Thread: Cut your losses

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50

    Cut your losses

    I believe that many traders will be wondering why some traders are successful, and while many are failing. It is true that more than 95% of traders are losing their money, while fragment less than 5% are adding more profits every time in the market. It has always being like that, and it will continue if traders do not take action.

    The first thing to do if you want success is to have a preserving ways of the account. If the trading account is actively preserved, then I believe that you have a better opportunity and trading shots next time you trade. This is the main reason for the success of some traders, SURVIVAL!

    CUTTING YOUR LOSSES: Almost all the traders I have known that fails in this market are having a trading system that is more than 75% winning. It means that they lose all their accounts, that is why they do not have the privilege to continue the task/challenge in the market any further.

    And the only way to stop this is to limit the way you are losing in the market. If you can adopt the tight stop loss usage (By tight stop loss, I means having a stop loss of nothing more than 10-30pips) depending on the trading system you are using). This means that the account will be active all the time, and you will be active when there are opportunities that will favour you comes.

    In other words, always place your stop loss, and let it be tight. Never allow your account to be free to drawdown, this is the way a trader have margin calls and have their accounts stopped at the same time, this is a careless act is the stop loss is more. And if the account is preserved, you will have success with time. HAPPY TRADING!

    Not allowed!

  2. #11
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    forex
    Posts
    656
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0
    This is a thing that most of the traders understand after continuous loses in forex market, because most of the traders don't want to lose their money and if they set stop loss then it means that they will lose their money, and they don't dare to lose, they just want to win each and every trade. This thing cause so many psychological problems in a trader.

    Not allowed!

  3. #12
    Trader
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Do CUT LOSS if after re-analysis, the price will continue to move against your position
    If it was your decision to do CUT LOSS TRUE, it means you have to prevent yourself from greater losses
    If it was your decision to do CUT ANY LOSS, meaning you have to prevent yourself in terms of reducing the current losses (or even reach the profit). This means that the price will move in the direction of your initial expectations.

    Not allowed!

  4. #13
    Trader rinaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,839
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by mehwishraheel View Post
    This is a thing that most of the traders understand after continuous loses in forex market, because most of the traders don't want to lose their money and if they set stop loss then it means that they will lose their money, and they don't dare to lose, they just want to win each and every trade. This thing cause so many psychological problems in a trader.
    Yes that's right. There is a misunderstanding in this case, I was among those who misunderstood about the stop loss when I was a beginner, I just thought that I accept the loss if I use a stop loss, then I do not use a stop loss. I just think that my current amount of investment is as balance, not equity.

    Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

  5. #14
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,733
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    It is always very much essential for all the traders that they make sure to cut down on their losing trades such that making good gains becomes possible and they may also scale up their gains to a much better extent such that reaching their trading portfolio becomes possible. It is always every traders dream to gather good account portfolio such that the gains generated from such account is sufficiently good enough for making considerable gains.

    Not allowed!

  6. #15
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    forex
    Posts
    656
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Yes that's right. There is a misunderstanding in this case, I was among those who misunderstood about the stop loss when I was a beginner, I just thought that I accept the loss if I use a stop loss, then I do not use a stop loss. I just think that my current amount of investment is as balance, not equity.
    This is a normal thing that every new trader think about, and this is human psychology that he thinks about those things which are in his favor, if he has fear in his brain then he will think about negative all the time, we know that we use stop loss to cut the loss, but why don't we think about trailing stop? this stop is not for loss, this is to reduce risk.

    Not allowed!

  7. #16
    Trader
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,431
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashviniurs View Post
    It is always very much essential for all the traders that they make sure to cut down on their losing trades such that making good gains becomes possible and they may also scale up their gains to a much better extent such that reaching their trading portfolio becomes possible. It is always every traders dream to gather good account portfolio such that the gains generated from such account is sufficiently good enough for making considerable gains.
    profit and loss is part of forex but what ever happens do not loose hope and always be confident that you will get profit if you work hard. I like forex because i can make a lot of money from here just using the proper strategy. Besides for earning that money, i also need not to go outside. The another reason for why i like forex is - i can trade here with my full freedom which i like most.

    Not allowed!

  8. #17
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    forex
    Posts
    656
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    profit and loss is part of forex but what ever happens do not loose hope and always be confident that you will get profit if you work hard. I like forex because i can make a lot of money from here just using the proper strategy. Besides for earning that money, i also need not to go outside. The another reason for why i like forex is - i can trade here with my full freedom which i like most.
    Well, this is the hope that stick me to this market, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get in touch with you folks, I used to be a loser and at that time I lost my hopes several times, but I revive myself and then thought about learning it first, then I realized that I took right decision, and after five years, I still am in this market. :)

    Not allowed!

  9. #18
    Trader
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,431
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by mehwishraheel View Post
    Well, this is the hope that stick me to this market, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get in touch with you folks, I used to be a loser and at that time I lost my hopes several times, but I revive myself and then thought about learning it first, then I realized that I took right decision, and after five years, I still am in this market. :)
    we can learn from loss, we have to know the cause of loss, and conduct evaluation. learn must help you to earn a lot of money.the advantages of learning is you can know every things about the business.learning is a such kind of way that provide you make perfect.so before join here you must learn full fill knowledge of forex trading.it is the first step for the new traders.

    Not allowed!

  10. #19
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    forex
    Posts
    656
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    we can learn from loss, we have to know the cause of loss, and conduct evaluation. learn must help you to earn a lot of money.the advantages of learning is you can know every things about the business.learning is a such kind of way that provide you make perfect.so before join here you must learn full fill knowledge of forex trading.it is the first step for the new traders.
    If you want to learn from loses then you will need to learn how to control your emotions, because whenever you face loses then the first thing that you face is your emotion, you get angry, you feel too much frustration, you feel tiredness and you think how to cover the loss immediately, so if you don't have these emotions in your mind then you will understand the reasons behind the loses.

    Not allowed!

  11. #20
    Trader miya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    135
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4
    It is happen to the most o the trade and they understood continuously loss in Forex market, as most of the trader did not want to loss their money and that is why they place your stop lose and it might be right for sometime. If we allow our account to free which might face margin call and account will stop for sometime but it is very careless thing to do in Forex we should try to avoid such type of act which result we can earn more money in Forex Trading.

    Not allowed!

Page 2 of 328 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •