Page 82 of 349 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Thread: The importance of having YOUR OWN strategy

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

The importance of having YOUR OWN strategy

What do I mean by that?

Of course, you can take one of gazillion strategies, offered by the internet, but still there are a lot of variables in trading that should be taken into consideration.

First, what is a strategy?

This is a combination of trading system (discretionary or mechanical), capital management and position micro-management (should you hold your winners, when to filter your trades, when to add to your position or to cover some of the risk)

I guess, the last one is one of the most important things (position micro-management).

You can have absolutely wrong directional bias, but still make money.

There are coulple of examples:

I trade with short-term strategy and spot very small imbalances. My friend is a swing trader, and we have different perspectives on the market.

I bought twice, covered quickly and made some money:

Attachment 740

...while my friend at the same time went short and made money on his trade too:

Attachment 741

This example shows relative importance of position management comparing to directional bias.

Peter Brandt, one of the most successfull world traders says: "I may think I know, but in reality I don't know".

To manage your position properly, you should know your trading niche.

Are you a swing trader? Are you short-term momentum trader? Are you a position trader?

Your trading niche must be selected considering your ability to manage your trades (you should have enough free time to follow markets or have psychological ability to trade short-term or to have guts to hold your winners e t.c.) Know more about it here

Make some research and explore - what you can do on the marketplace. That will be the most rewarding experience in your trading.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 12-03-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 12
    Hello dear I have no strategy for trade and I did not make any strategy because I am always use mt4 strategy because I think there are many strong strategy which very useful to all fx trader but maximum trader do not use it they always find new... but in my view some strategy very effective for market monitoring as like RSI or MACD. but I am satisfied from your great explain.

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Touhid View Post
    Strategy always involve with successful work. When people are try to making trade in this business platform by their own strategy then most time they are success in this work. If trader are depend on other strategy then they are fall in loss. Because trader have no freedom in their trade. So, own strategy is most important for successful trade.
    Strategy in this business is needed in order to earn a good income. We will think that most likely the traders that work on their strategy the most will be the winners. But that won't come true if we didn't have a good theory or a good concept behind it as well. If we spend too much time building something that we can't understand then we won't ever be able to improve for sure.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    own strategy should helps more on the better consequence with the decision on working with the good rules as by the presettled terms of the trading plan. to earns of the good target and allows of the loose on chance with the different options by the customs on the way on complying actions.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by lawners1791 View Post
    own strategy should helps more on the better consequence with the decision on working with the good rules as by the presettled terms of the trading plan. to earns of the good target and allows of the loose on chance with the different options by the customs on the way on complying actions.
    all traders of course they should have their own strategy in this trade and I am sure they will never be good in this trade if they do not have their own strategy and many traders have to plan their strategy development stages ranging from how they could develop their trade with using risk management and the ability to develop analytical skills in this trade so that they will be able to successfully build its own strategy

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by COMANG View Post
    all traders of course they should have their own strategy in this trade and I am sure they will never be good in this trade if they do not have their own strategy and many traders have to plan their strategy development stages ranging from how they could develop their trade with using risk management and the ability to develop analytical skills in this trade so that they will be able to successfully build its own strategy
    yes to differ the use of one to other startegics to selects the best of choice to put with the rules of the trading plan and to spends more with the customs on the monitoring to keep on the manage to sustain ofthe stable performance and focusing progressivesly on managing the higher on the precision with the last periodes with the terms to complete of the finale with the target on earning with the trading works with the plan.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    I think without strategy trading is possible because any strategy do not give use accurate idea about the market situation , and it is real thing because lot of trader always use these but maximum of them loser ,but why ? so in my view we need to develop our trading by various calculation and we need to avoid strategy depending

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 22
    Quote Originally Posted by mohabbat View Post
    I think without strategy trading is possible because any strategy do not give use accurate idea about the market situation , and it is real thing because lot of trader always use these but maximum of them loser ,but why ? so in my view we need to develop our trading by various calculation and we need to avoid strategy depending
    But at least we have try to predict the market with our skill n strategy that we have created, no matter the result of trade when we improve our own strategy we will get better result in one day , therefore creating our own strategy need time for process and not just short time where with passage of time we will find the weakness and shortcoming that need to fix it , and from that we will see the importance of having own strategy

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10
    You make combination between the strategy and the plan, i know we should use that two but we should differentiate between that two to know everyone and apply it, so i think strategy is different in plan but you may make strategy in the plan i mean there is trading strategy , and this only mean the tools in the charts to get signal from it and enter on trades according to that signal. plan trading or strategy in your plan.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Good informative news which I is the key to success in the trade believe if the strategy is a good strategy and plan shows the discipline and in the commercial sector and the deal to get the idea of success in mind.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by uchexxx View Post
    It's very important that any individual who intends to invst in the currency market should ensure that he or she first work building his or her trading strategy before investing on live account,and thanks to our resourceful site such as our forum we can be rest assured that learning tools are at a click of a botten.
    Yes, you are right brother. and I think every trader must use won strategy , there is I want to mean our every calculation or analysis one kind of strategy and it is can be without indicators ! that means every body have a strategy but every one do not use same strategy and maximum trader always depend on indicators which so effective and relabel.

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Page 82 of 349 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast