Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1116

Thread: Stop Loss Only

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 313

Stop Loss Only

Hello all my fellow, this time I want to build a strategy, it is purely on the basis of the inspiration that I got from a content thread created by Value trader. But I forgot which thread is.

I take an example: we made ​​10 trades, if 9 trades is ending with loss, Are impossible for us to change it into profit? As far as we still have a chance, we can still change the situation into profit. It is depends on our method in managing risk. If we put a stop loss 10 pips/ each trades, and take protit 100 pips. So the end result is, total loss + Total Profit = (9 * -10) + (1 * 100) = 10 pips profit.

Compare the contrary, for example, we are a scalper, we take profit of 10 pips for each trade, and put a 100 pips stop loss. If we get 9 win trades of 10 transactions. Then the end of the results is: (1*-100) + (9*10) = -10 pips (loss).

This is evidence that a high level of accuracy in the analysis is not a guarantee for profitable if we can not manage risk properly, in other words, is not able to set the ratio of risk: reward properly. 90% accuracy in analysis isn't mean profitable, and 10% accuracy in analysis isn't mean unprofitable.

Okay, that is a simple logic of the system that I will build.

Even so, I will start from zero, I will do a backtest for a few months back, or more than a year back, and then I will do a forward test.
    For a back test, I would not use the analysis at all, I just want to know the worst of this system, I just rely on the game of risk: reward ratio.
    Of course I would compare of 5 methods. So I will know which one is best, and what weaknesses and strengths of this system.

It is my plan to build this system:
    1. Doing backtest in EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, and EUR/JPY.
    I would compare 5 methods of risk: reward ratio:
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit unset. or trade using stop loss only, no take profit. But close all profit positions in the last week or last month.(My system)
    - Stop Loss unset : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade using take profit only, no stop loss, But close all loss positions in the last week or last month.
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade with 1:1 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 50 pips. or trade with 1:2 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 50 pips : Take profit 25 pips. or trade with 2:1 RIsk Reward ratio.
    In the back test, I would just use grid trading, (using robots), so I'm not going to use market analysis.
    I use buy stop and sell stop orders, the distance of each order is 25 pips. I do not use order limit, just order stop. And the distance of the nearest pending order to the current price is 25 pips. And will always add new pending order if the price move 25 pips or more.
    Just see the picture...

2. Doing forward test. Here I will determine the appropriate analysis strategies, and then do some testing, maybe I can change the method of analysis if I am still getting unsatisfactory results. Then If I've got a good and profitable system, then I will make a thread for this system, this is my journey in building strategy. A system with use stop loss only.

Thank you

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Senorita View Post
    Stop loss have always been one of the best means to manage loss and see we can build a more profitable trade. Stop loss is a good one and following this method of trade will give us great chances to earn in forex. The use of stop loss is important and if we can develop our system and improve on this trade, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Stop loss is good and its a good way to manage our funds and see we don't likely risk what we can't afford.
    Stop loss is the best way of protecting our trading account,as traders we are going to experience loss one way or the other,the best thing to do is to make sure we have more winning trades than losing trades that way we can stay positively up there,without stop loss we might just end up having margin call.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by sekiryutei View Post
    If you wish to trade like that then you also need to be aware of the risk then. Trading with no stop loss is simply just a bad suicide that need to be avoided too. I think that there are already many traders that lost a great deal of money by trading that way already and it should have been obvious that trading that way is very dangerous.
    it's true what you explain is that stop loss is a very important thing for all traders to learn, because if we trade without using a los stop it's the same as eliminating our overall funds, and for me the stop loss is part of a good money management control and right ,
    therefore there is good if we always pay attention to the los stop to control our emotions

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 4
    Stop loss element is not the only important factor that traders should consider when they trade, there will definitely be something known as imbalance if this is what we do, take profit is also as important as the stop loss because that is what we need to become profitable, unfortunately we concentrate on some aspects of the market that we need to diversify into other areas.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSST View Post
    Stop loss is the best way of protecting our trading account,as traders we are going to experience loss one way or the other,the best thing to do is to make sure we have more winning trades than losing trades that way we can stay positively up there,without stop loss we might just end up having margin call.
    Yes, the stop loss is good for trading, this will reduce the level of losses of traders. Forex traders who use their stop loss will not have too much draw down because the trader would have known the worst loss he can get from a trade, that is a good plan. Without the use of the stop loss too, forex traders should admit that they are not using risk management in their trading, this is bad.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Hello all my fellow, this time I want to build a strategy, it is purely on the basis of the inspiration that I got from a content thread created by Value trader. But I forgot which thread is.

I take an example: we made ​​10 trades, if 9 trades is ending with loss, Are impossible for us to change it into profit? As far as we still have a chance, we can still change the situation into profit. It is depends on our method in managing risk. If we put a stop loss 10 pips/ each trades, and take protit 100 pips. So the end result is, total loss + Total Profit = (9 * -10) + (1 * 100) = 10 pips profit.

Compare the contrary, for example, we are a scalper, we take profit of 10 pips for each trade, and put a 100 pips stop loss. If we get 9 win trades of 10 transactions. Then the end of the results is: (1*-100) + (9*10) = -10 pips (loss).

This is evidence that a high level of accuracy in the analysis is not a guarantee for profitable if we can not manage risk properly, in other words, is not able to set the ratio of risk: reward properly. 90% accuracy in analysis isn't mean profitable, and 10% accuracy in analysis isn't mean unprofitable.

Okay, that is a simple logic of the system that I will build.

Even so, I will start from zero, I will do a backtest for a few months back, or more than a year back, and then I will do a forward test.
    For a back test, I would not use the analysis at all, I just want to know the worst of this system, I just rely on the game of risk: reward ratio.
    Of course I would compare of 5 methods. So I will know which one is best, and what weaknesses and strengths of this system.

It is my plan to build this system:
    1. Doing backtest in EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, and EUR/JPY.
    I would compare 5 methods of risk: reward ratio:
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit unset. or trade using stop loss only, no take profit. But close all profit positions in the last week or last month.(My system)
    - Stop Loss unset : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade using take profit only, no stop loss, But close all loss positions in the last week or last month.
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade with 1:1 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 50 pips. or trade with 1:2 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 50 pips : Take profit 25 pips. or trade with 2:1 RIsk Reward ratio.
    In the back test, I would just use grid trading, (using robots), so I'm not going to use market analysis.
    I use buy stop and sell stop orders, the distance of each order is 25 pips. I do not use order limit, just order stop. And the distance of the nearest pending order to the current price is 25 pips. And will always add new pending order if the price move 25 pips or more.
    Just see the picture...

2. Doing forward test. Here I will determine the appropriate analysis strategies, and then do some testing, maybe I can change the method of analysis if I am still getting unsatisfactory results. Then If I've got a good and profitable system, then I will make a thread for this system, this is my journey in building strategy. A system with use stop loss only.

Thank you
    good night merchants .. hopefully healthy always and gain profit in trading ..
    I am happy if when trading we apply stop loss. but from the many I see the stop loss must be balanced with the profit you want to achieve so that the stop loss is not greater in trading .. if possible take profit (tp) must be higher for more profits. and predictions must be calculated carefully so as not to be a wrong calculation ...
    thank you and greetings of profit

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by sitinof View Post
    Well this is a very new strategy, i think i never heard about this strategy rina ji before personally i like to do trade by following market trend this type of trading strategy is very differ from my own analysis and trading strategy i need a lot of practice for this i will try to test this strategy also and hope you will add more screenshots in near future in this thread
    There is nothing strange here, this individual just does not trade with stop loss, there are traders that do this because they want to leave the market with a small profit, most traders that are into scalping hardly use the stop loss as also those who use high risk trading prefer to leave their stop loss empty because they anticipate that price should go as they have planned despite the fact that it can move away from their levels.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 5
    Making use of the stop loss at all times does not mean that we shall never lose in the field of forex trading business but it means that you shall never have to lose everything that you shall start looking for a trading capital again and so if you desires to never start looking for money while there are trades to execute then make sure that you always make use of proper money management and one of them is making use of stop loss at all times. Also, we need to make sure that we start learning how to place this vital tool the proper way in order to avoid the market coming right at it almost immediately.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    There is nothing strange here, this individual just does not trade with stop loss, there are traders that do this because they want to leave the market with a small profit, most traders that are into scalping hardly use the stop loss as also those who use high risk trading prefer to leave their stop loss empty because they anticipate that price should go as they have planned despite the fact that it can move away from their levels.
    Stop loss for large account is the main thing to secure money and there is no difference what strategy is used. But when it comes to trading with small account like 100 dollars so trader knows that he can lose these money and he trades without stop loss using high leverage because small size account is the same as stop loss.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 42
    Quote Originally Posted by sitinof View Post
    Well this is a very new strategy, i think i never heard about this strategy rina ji before personally i like to do trade by following market trend this type of trading strategy is very differ from my own analysis and trading strategy i need a lot of practice for this i will try to test this strategy also and hope you will add more screenshots in near future in this thread
    this is trending startegy how ever if is much risky what it look like because you need to open trade on every 50 pip but if market will return only 10 pip then you will be in huge profit how ever let suppose market will drop up to 200 pip and you have less capital then you can blow your account with in a second.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 68
    Stop loss should be followed properly and its one of the ways we can protect our capital in a more profitable way. We have to be very serious in managing loss and apply stop loss to see we can make a good trade. By managing our loss we should know that its one of the better way for us to trade good and its likely the very best way we can build a profitable trade. We should know how to handle risk and work on how we can manage our loss for a well profitable trade.

Not allowed!

Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112 LastLast