Stop Loss Only - Page 127
Page 127 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1372

Thread: Stop Loss Only

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311

Stop Loss Only

Hello all my fellow, this time I want to build a strategy, it is purely on the basis of the inspiration that I got from a content thread created by Value trader. But I forgot which thread is.

I take an example: we made ​​10 trades, if 9 trades is ending with loss, Are impossible for us to change it into profit? As far as we still have a chance, we can still change the situation into profit. It is depends on our method in managing risk. If we put a stop loss 10 pips/ each trades, and take protit 100 pips. So the end result is, total loss + Total Profit = (9 * -10) + (1 * 100) = 10 pips profit.

Compare the contrary, for example, we are a scalper, we take profit of 10 pips for each trade, and put a 100 pips stop loss. If we get 9 win trades of 10 transactions. Then the end of the results is: (1*-100) + (9*10) = -10 pips (loss).

This is evidence that a high level of accuracy in the analysis is not a guarantee for profitable if we can not manage risk properly, in other words, is not able to set the ratio of risk: reward properly. 90% accuracy in analysis isn't mean profitable, and 10% accuracy in analysis isn't mean unprofitable.

Okay, that is a simple logic of the system that I will build.

Even so, I will start from zero, I will do a backtest for a few months back, or more than a year back, and then I will do a forward test.
    For a back test, I would not use the analysis at all, I just want to know the worst of this system, I just rely on the game of risk: reward ratio.
    Of course I would compare of 5 methods. So I will know which one is best, and what weaknesses and strengths of this system.

It is my plan to build this system:
    1. Doing backtest in EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, and EUR/JPY.
    I would compare 5 methods of risk: reward ratio:
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit unset. or trade using stop loss only, no take profit. But close all profit positions in the last week or last month.(My system)
    - Stop Loss unset : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade using take profit only, no stop loss, But close all loss positions in the last week or last month.
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade with 1:1 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 50 pips. or trade with 1:2 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 50 pips : Take profit 25 pips. or trade with 2:1 RIsk Reward ratio.
    In the back test, I would just use grid trading, (using robots), so I'm not going to use market analysis.
    I use buy stop and sell stop orders, the distance of each order is 25 pips. I do not use order limit, just order stop. And the distance of the nearest pending order to the current price is 25 pips. And will always add new pending order if the price move 25 pips or more.
    Just see the picture...

2. Doing forward test. Here I will determine the appropriate analysis strategies, and then do some testing, maybe I can change the method of analysis if I am still getting unsatisfactory results. Then If I've got a good and profitable system, then I will make a thread for this system, this is my journey in building strategy. A system with use stop loss only.

Thank you

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 73
    Focus on managing our investment is very important and learning how to apply stop loss will indeed help us to manage loss and see we do not get to loose up our capital wrongly. Stop loss will continue to be a good one and its for sure the better way for us to build up a more profitable trading. Stop loss is the best way to manage loss and its likely the better way to manage trading investment.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8
    Stop loss is very important part of trading in forex market. It protects our money from unexpected losses and there can be done good risk and money management . Trading without stop loss is common mistake among new traders as they are not protected and can lose money anytime. Traders should know how to place stop loss well.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    The stop loss is just the working tool that is crucial for our trading, the traders that will not be using the stop loss will not get to trade rightly. To trade with the stop loss needs us to have the crucial plans with it, we need to use the support and resistance points to place the stop loss. In this case, the use of the trendline and Fibonacci strategy could do this work for the trader.
    without sl we can trade no doubt we can earn as well but if we are accepting loss and accepting manually as well, so make sure you trade and trade on base of learning, in sl we can limit our loss when we lose limited its better then losing without any limit and whenever market make a breakout it make huge move in loss so we can lose big as well, a trader can survive just if he have good planned trade and target base trading

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    without sl we can trade no doubt we can earn as well but if we are accepting loss and accepting manually as well, so make sure you trade and trade on base of learning, in sl we can limit our loss when we lose limited its better then losing without any limit and whenever market make a breakout it make huge move in loss so we can lose big as well, a trader can survive just if he have good planned trade and target base trading
    I believe that it is possible to trade without the stop loss, but that is never a good way to trade the market. To trade the market requires traders to trade rightly and using the stop loss is part of the ways to trade the market rightly. I do not like it when traders are not using stop loss, they could be lucky at times but it will not be long that margin call and stop out will visit them.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Krosneles View Post
    Stop loss is very important part of trading in forex market. It protects our money from unexpected losses and there can be done good risk and money management . Trading without stop loss is common mistake among new traders as they are not protected and can lose money anytime. Traders should know how to place stop loss well.
    I know that the stop loss is very important in the trading of this market, we can never go far in trading career when we are not in the habit of using the stop loss. I am the kind of trader of the market by the best approaches in the sense that i only trade the market with the use of the stop loss, and make sure that the mode at which i use the stop loss is the best mode for safety of my trading account.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
    I believe that it is possible to trade without the stop loss, but that is never a good way to trade the market. To trade the market requires traders to trade rightly and using the stop loss is part of the ways to trade the market rightly. I do not like it when traders are not using stop loss, they could be lucky at times but it will not be long that margin call and stop out will visit them.
    The stop loss is what i know that every trader should use, but traders can trade without the stop loss, only that it is not a good suggestion for trading. To trade with the stop loss is a very good idea for forex traders, this is what i know that will not let us lose more than what we have calculated for our trading. The use of the stop loss will let us plan all our protective considerations before time.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    Managing our investment money is truly the best thing we should be doing as the forex traders and not trying to make so much at a times and forget about making sure that we should protect our trading accounts. Forex market is full of risks and there is only one way to ensure that we never lose everything in our trading accounts at once and that is making use of the stop loss trading tool at all times and it brings to us a mindset of understanding the risks involved.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuelophir View Post
    Managing our investment money is truly the best thing we should be doing as the forex traders and not trying to make so much at a times and forget about making sure that we should protect our trading accounts. Forex market is full of risks and there is only one way to ensure that we never lose everything in our trading accounts at once and that is making use of the stop loss trading tool at all times and it brings to us a mindset of understanding the risks involved.
    The management of our investment as traders is the good side of the market trading, we need to focus more on how we can better our trading by working more on the account preservations, that is where the use of stop loss is very important. Traders should be particular about the best ways they can use the stop loss as well, there is no account safety when it is used wrongly.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 20
    Been able to manage loss is important and this is a great way for us to follow the market with the best hope of establishing success. Stop loss will indeed help us protect our capital and give us the opportunity to follow the market with the hope of becoming profitable. If we want to be successful then the plan on this market must be to build a working system that will help us we earn well and give us the chsbce to manage loss.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    Being able to understand the power of stop loss and knowing where to place them Have been able to keep and preserve me over time in the field of forex trading business because none of us know what the market might be doing next few minutes and as such it is very important to ensure that our trading accounts are always protected. I think why some people are finding it hard to make use of the stop loss is because they did not use it while they are learning and this why it is very essential to make sure that whatsoever means that we want to start using when we gets into real trading would be learned while we are practicing on the demo.

Not allowed!

Page 127 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast