Stop Loss Only - Page 136
Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1372

Thread: Stop Loss Only

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311

Stop Loss Only

Hello all my fellow, this time I want to build a strategy, it is purely on the basis of the inspiration that I got from a content thread created by Value trader. But I forgot which thread is.

I take an example: we made ​​10 trades, if 9 trades is ending with loss, Are impossible for us to change it into profit? As far as we still have a chance, we can still change the situation into profit. It is depends on our method in managing risk. If we put a stop loss 10 pips/ each trades, and take protit 100 pips. So the end result is, total loss + Total Profit = (9 * -10) + (1 * 100) = 10 pips profit.

Compare the contrary, for example, we are a scalper, we take profit of 10 pips for each trade, and put a 100 pips stop loss. If we get 9 win trades of 10 transactions. Then the end of the results is: (1*-100) + (9*10) = -10 pips (loss).

This is evidence that a high level of accuracy in the analysis is not a guarantee for profitable if we can not manage risk properly, in other words, is not able to set the ratio of risk: reward properly. 90% accuracy in analysis isn't mean profitable, and 10% accuracy in analysis isn't mean unprofitable.

Okay, that is a simple logic of the system that I will build.

Even so, I will start from zero, I will do a backtest for a few months back, or more than a year back, and then I will do a forward test.
    For a back test, I would not use the analysis at all, I just want to know the worst of this system, I just rely on the game of risk: reward ratio.
    Of course I would compare of 5 methods. So I will know which one is best, and what weaknesses and strengths of this system.

It is my plan to build this system:
    1. Doing backtest in EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, and EUR/JPY.
    I would compare 5 methods of risk: reward ratio:
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit unset. or trade using stop loss only, no take profit. But close all profit positions in the last week or last month.(My system)
    - Stop Loss unset : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade using take profit only, no stop loss, But close all loss positions in the last week or last month.
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade with 1:1 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 50 pips. or trade with 1:2 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 50 pips : Take profit 25 pips. or trade with 2:1 RIsk Reward ratio.
    In the back test, I would just use grid trading, (using robots), so I'm not going to use market analysis.
    I use buy stop and sell stop orders, the distance of each order is 25 pips. I do not use order limit, just order stop. And the distance of the nearest pending order to the current price is 25 pips. And will always add new pending order if the price move 25 pips or more.
    Just see the picture...

2. Doing forward test. Here I will determine the appropriate analysis strategies, and then do some testing, maybe I can change the method of analysis if I am still getting unsatisfactory results. Then If I've got a good and profitable system, then I will make a thread for this system, this is my journey in building strategy. A system with use stop loss only.

Thank you

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Well sir , this is the best method of the trading we easily earns a lots of money when we use some stop loss technique . this is the best method to trade in the market . the market will moves all the times . We use the scalping method in the trading and earn a lots from the forex . The forex is just like money making machine .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    Stoploss is not a techniques its a factor which is used always in every trade we have plan , because without the risk management we never be good and successful in this market we always have to make our plan very well and our trade strategies are also help to get good results so it will give good option in trade selection .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    Stop loss is really one of the best things we can do for ourselves if we are desiring to make sure that we last in the trading business of forex market, but whenever we are not willing to trade with the stop loss then we are not going to get the opportunities to start learning and mastering the ways of the forex market because before we know what we are doing then we are going to blow out our trading accounts. It is must that anyone who is really trying to become a professional forex trader must be willing to make use of the stop loss due to the fact that it is what makes you feel well protected most times.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    It is a good strategy for trader to use stoploss in all the trade becasue a trader who do not use stoploss will give us losses , working in market with the best strategies will give trader good results we have to make our plan very well so we get positive trade results it will be the best option to get success .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 30
    I do not think that this a worked system . it is very similar to the gambling ways for the trading and also the best matters for the trading to have an effective ways for the trading away of this huge risks , for many time the market can go to activate all the pending orders and there is not take profit order can reverse fast and hit all the stop loss orders..

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by learner View Post
    It is a good strategy for trader to use stoploss in all the trade becasue a trader who do not use stoploss will give us losses , working in market with the best strategies will give trader good results we have to make our plan very well so we get positive trade results it will be the best option to get success .
    Of course, using the stop loss is good, we should always consider that. To trade the market will get us the better success when we do not rely on the trading strategy we are using only. There is need for traders to work with the protection in their trading account as well. The traders that have not worked with the stop loss rightly are still not good traders.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
    Of course, using the stop loss is good, we should always consider that. To trade the market will get us the better success when we do not rely on the trading strategy we are using only. There is need for traders to work with the protection in their trading account as well. The traders that have not worked with the stop loss rightly are still not good traders.
    There is no alternative that can fit in to the trading with the stop loss, the stop loss is good and effective for our trading. To trade the market with the use of the stop loss will lessen the burden and fear in the trader, this will always let traders to lose little, that is the fact about it. Without the stop loss, the margin call will be regular with that trader.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    There is no alternative that can fit in to the trading with the stop loss, the stop loss is good and effective for our trading. To trade the market with the use of the stop loss will lessen the burden and fear in the trader, this will always let traders to lose little, that is the fact about it. Without the stop loss, the margin call will be regular with that trader.
    Yes no alternative of stop loss, the function of stop loss is vital for a trader and so he has to learn the best techniques of using stop loss. In trading profits and losses are two sides of the coin and one cannot be without the other, so we should learn to manage them properly. We have to make sure we place the stop loss so that we can be relaxed after opening a trade and dont have to worry about big losses.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    Thinking that the stop loss is useless and that the brokers are hunting for your stop loss as an excuse of not using the stop loss is a big failure at the first place because you are just opening up your trading accounts to huge losses and possibly blowing it out over time. Learning how to make use of the stop loss and understanding the ways to place them appropriately is the key to staying safe in the uncertain forex market and being able to stay calm during your open trades too, knowing that you would never lose all your trading account.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by MIGHTYRAMESH View Post
    Yes no alternative of stop loss, the function of stop loss is vital for a trader and so he has to learn the best techniques of using stop loss. In trading profits and losses are two sides of the coin and one cannot be without the other, so we should learn to manage them properly. We have to make sure we place the stop loss so that we can be relaxed after opening a trade and dont have to worry about big losses.
    I like the fact that we can make it in the market, it is what is giving me the hope of trading at all time. But traders will have to do those things that will cause the success for themselves. We can get to make the success when there is good system we are using to trade and there is stop loss for our account protection at the same time.

Not allowed!

Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138 LastLast