Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1331

Thread: Stop Loss Only

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 313

Stop Loss Only

Hello all my fellow, this time I want to build a strategy, it is purely on the basis of the inspiration that I got from a content thread created by Value trader. But I forgot which thread is.

I take an example: we made ​​10 trades, if 9 trades is ending with loss, Are impossible for us to change it into profit? As far as we still have a chance, we can still change the situation into profit. It is depends on our method in managing risk. If we put a stop loss 10 pips/ each trades, and take protit 100 pips. So the end result is, total loss + Total Profit = (9 * -10) + (1 * 100) = 10 pips profit.

Compare the contrary, for example, we are a scalper, we take profit of 10 pips for each trade, and put a 100 pips stop loss. If we get 9 win trades of 10 transactions. Then the end of the results is: (1*-100) + (9*10) = -10 pips (loss).

This is evidence that a high level of accuracy in the analysis is not a guarantee for profitable if we can not manage risk properly, in other words, is not able to set the ratio of risk: reward properly. 90% accuracy in analysis isn't mean profitable, and 10% accuracy in analysis isn't mean unprofitable.

Okay, that is a simple logic of the system that I will build.

Even so, I will start from zero, I will do a backtest for a few months back, or more than a year back, and then I will do a forward test.
    For a back test, I would not use the analysis at all, I just want to know the worst of this system, I just rely on the game of risk: reward ratio.
    Of course I would compare of 5 methods. So I will know which one is best, and what weaknesses and strengths of this system.

It is my plan to build this system:
    1. Doing backtest in EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, and EUR/JPY.
    I would compare 5 methods of risk: reward ratio:
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit unset. or trade using stop loss only, no take profit. But close all profit positions in the last week or last month.(My system)
    - Stop Loss unset : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade using take profit only, no stop loss, But close all loss positions in the last week or last month.
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 25 pips. or trade with 1:1 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 25 pips : Take Profit 50 pips. or trade with 1:2 Risk Reward ratio
    - Stop Loss 50 pips : Take profit 25 pips. or trade with 2:1 RIsk Reward ratio.
    In the back test, I would just use grid trading, (using robots), so I'm not going to use market analysis.
    I use buy stop and sell stop orders, the distance of each order is 25 pips. I do not use order limit, just order stop. And the distance of the nearest pending order to the current price is 25 pips. And will always add new pending order if the price move 25 pips or more.
    Just see the picture...

2. Doing forward test. Here I will determine the appropriate analysis strategies, and then do some testing, maybe I can change the method of analysis if I am still getting unsatisfactory results. Then If I've got a good and profitable system, then I will make a thread for this system, this is my journey in building strategy. A system with use stop loss only.

Thank you

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuelophir View Post
    Most times we the newbies in the field of forex trading would always allow our losses to keep on running and while our winning trades are cut short due to the fact that we lacked good trading plan and without good trading plan then you are making a lot of mistakes which would likely lead to series of losses and even blowing out your trading accounts.
    what is good trading plan? actually its not specific thing its about our needs its about our abilities, we need to know what we can do max here what is better for us when we know these things we can understand market we can understand what is better for us so we can place good orders, so learning is other thing but planning vary from person to person so make sure you make some good plans

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    what is good trading plan? actually its not specific thing its about our needs its about our abilities, we need to know what we can do max here what is better for us when we know these things we can understand market we can understand what is better for us so we can place good orders, so learning is other thing but planning vary from person to person so make sure you make some good plans
    Good plan in forex trading will never be specific, because there are many approaches in whom forex traders can trade correctly and plans correctly too. I only can say that there are vital elements of trading in whom forex traders must make sure it is included in their forex plans, and this can perhaps make the trading activities of the forex traders to be successful. The element are strategy, management and discipline, they are there to make forex trader to trade well.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Stop loss have proven to be very important in forex and must be applied in our trade if we must manage uncertain risk in forex. Putting up the plans to manage this risk can be helpful and would as well give us every advantage to succeed for good. Stop loss must be managed and this is what we should plan better about and see we can have the due ability to work on this trade. Loss should be managed and we should understand that without a good management we will have a hard time to survive.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    There is no way I will support a strategy that is using only the stop loss because that I what I consider as lopsided trading, the way Forex function is that we must have both the take profit and stop loss, this is what creates balance in the market, sometimes we could get our analysis right and make money or lose it depending on what has transpired on the charts.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 19
    Stop loss remains one of the ways to add protection to our trade because of the uncertainty that comes with loss. With stop loss we can have the strong ability to maximize profits and have means to earn well in this trade. Managing loss is important and with stop loss we can stay protected from making more loss we can't afford to loose. We can make success and with stop loss we can survive to maintain a strong earnings always.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1
    Stop loss only is enough to keep us from so many errors we have been making in the market, but there is still need to have a take profit as this makes us trade with the right mindset, you cannot always be paying attention to the stop loss, because whatever you will use as the take profit is going to be based on the knowledge of your stop loss, the two always works together to make you trade well.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 68
    When stop loss is placed in the right adequate price level we can always stay protected in this business and enjoy the very chance to build a strong a trade. Stop loss is one of the very important ways to minimize loss and increase chances to which we can earn from forex. With the best plans to manage our investment, I see no reason why we can't survive and make our trade work out for us in forex. With a good system we can earn and we can have the potential to realize constant success.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen View Post
    When stop loss is placed in the right adequate price level we can always stay protected in this business and enjoy the very chance to build a strong a trade. Stop loss is one of the very important ways to minimize loss and increase chances to which we can earn from forex. With the best plans to manage our investment, I see no reason why we can't survive and make our trade work out for us in forex. With a good system we can earn and we can have the potential to realize constant success.
    It is a wise idea to be trading forex with the use of stop loss. I am sure that the stop loss will not cause trouble in our forex account, the stop loss will rather cause success in our account, because the stop loss will never allow us to fail, it will be securing our forex accounts from the bad movements who can happen in forex field. Stop loss will not let it to ruin our account at once.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    ola4real, stop loss is good for us but this can be used just if we have good capital with smaller capital how we can do this? we can not so make sure you have experience and good capital as well because with bigger capital we can do well we can trade with some management but if we do not have big capital how we can use management so its on trade how he deal with balance here

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 7
    Trading without the level of stoploss is very tough and we do not get our target easily we have to be work in market by learning and fully focused on the strategies we have if we have learning about the demo account for open and close of trade with better entry and use of stoploss in trade will give successful trade results we attain from market with security .

Not allowed!

Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast