10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5
Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5

[lang=id]1 Installation Simple and straightforward. Broker server address required during account opening during installation (MT4)
    Metaquotes trading server now included as a default in the opening account phase of the installation. But pinging the server does not work
    sometimes. Ability to add new server from MT5 for a demo account included. (MT5)

2 Charts/ Timeframe 9 Timeframes (MT4)
    21 Timeframes from 1min to 1month and unlimited number of charts. 100 charts can be opened at a time. (MT5)

3 Fundamental Analysis (news trading) (MT4)
    Does not have Forex Calendar A separate economic calendar tab with features like news event, schedule, impact, forecast, previous & others. (MT5)

4 Commerce/ Market Does not have commerce integrated into the platform. You have to visit MQL4.com for Market Place. (mt4)
    Integrated into the platform. You can directly purchase Forex products from MQL through the Market tab on the platform. (mT5)

5 Indicators & Analytical Objects 30 inbuilt indicators. (mT4)
    38 inbuilt indicators. New indicators added. 22 Analytical Objects, 46 graphical objects. (MT5)

6 Orders 2 market orders, & 4 pending orders (mT4)
    2 marker orders, 6 pending orders, 2 stop orders. (mT5)

7 Expert Advisor MetaTrader 4 Editor & Strategy Tester. EAs are designed with MQL code language and they are faster to compile. Cannot port EA
    code on MT4 to MT5. So EAs on MT4 would not work on MT5. (mT4)
    MetaTrader 5 Editor, Improved Strategy Tester, Strategy Tester Agent Manager for remote optimization of expert advisors, e.t.c. EAs are designed with
    C++ and they are quite slower to compile. (mT5)

8 Interface Easier to navigate around. One click trading and Drag and drop is only included in MT4 Build 500 version. (MT4)
    Few additions in the design interface. Search box included, Details tab on the Market Watch window. One Click trading, drag and drop, e.t.c. (MT5)

9 Trading (Hedging, FIFO, e.t.c.) Allows all trading methods.However broker regulations are implemented on their MT4 platforms. (MT4)
    Does not support hedging & implements FIFO by default. (MT5)

10 Brokers More brokers deliver their services on MT4 than MT5. (MT4)
    Not much when compared to brokers who deliver their services on MT4. (MT5).[/lang]

Trader
    This is very informative thread through which I came to know about the difference between Mt4 and Mt5. Earlier I was quite ignorant about it and now came to know about it elaborately. I would like to express my heartiest thanks to sharing such a good informative thread. Expect to continue such types of authentic thread so that we can take more lesson.

I never use mt5 platform but I know that there are no hedging feature in mt5. Really I don't know that there are more time frames in mt5. I think mt5 platform has more complete than mt4 platform. But unfortunately this platform has change or delete some feature in mt4 platform. So maybe mt4 still more familia for retail traders.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    there are no hedging feature in mt5
    dear friend, i have no experiences with mt5 and i see that you knew something about some words above, ? will you tell us what does it mean ? i still do not get the understanding from it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    dear friend, i have no experiences with mt5 and i see that you knew something about some words above, ? will you tell us what does it mean ? i still do not get the understanding from it
    Yes I can tell you about meta trader five sir its a very good trading platform like mt4 but unfortunately you can't do any hedging in meta trader five and can't use any robot trading. But there are some good points too that you can use many time frames for making a better analysis. Check this chart from here you will get a good idea:

Meta trader five.JPG

Meta trader is modern and updated version. It updated version of meta trader 4. But people likes meta trader 4 more than meta trader 5. All are same expect some tools. I personally like meta trader 4. Meta trader 4 may be old version but it is better than meta trader 5. Meta trader 4 is easy operate rather than meta trader 5. I still use meta trader 4 to do well in trading.
    Don't loss you hope.

I never use mt5 platform but I know that there are no hedging feature in mt5. Really I don't know that there are more time frames in mt5. I think mt5 platform has more complete than mt4 platform. But unfortunately this platform has change or delete some feature in mt4 platform. So maybe mt4 still more familia for retail traders.
    This is very good information and MT5 platform is very good from the MT4 platform. and very fast order execution form the mt4 but one problem in the mt5 platform you can not open hedging in the mt5 platform. but you can open hedging on the mt4 platform. this is fine and very good platform from all another platforms.

i think mt5 platform and the mt4 platform is both of are very good..i like roboForex and i invest to mt5 roboForex.it is are good and best for the new and old traders.i am very impressed for this broker and invest this broker.

in my side not much changing almost that are the same i do not know why people think this is to much difference but i just used mt4 from starting day so just focus on your indicators strategy and chart and money management its help to you a perform better trade in this field always,not these type of things.

Banned
    right rinaji meta trader 4 software is still best for us and most of all traders are doing trading only mt4 software rather than mt five software as we can see in the thread there is no hedging possible in mt five software but there are many time frames for good trading analysis so in my view both softwares have their weak and strong points

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast