10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5 - Page 5
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5

[lang=id]1 Installation Simple and straightforward. Broker server address required during account opening during installation (MT4)
    Metaquotes trading server now included as a default in the opening account phase of the installation. But pinging the server does not work
    sometimes. Ability to add new server from MT5 for a demo account included. (MT5)

2 Charts/ Timeframe 9 Timeframes (MT4)
    21 Timeframes from 1min to 1month and unlimited number of charts. 100 charts can be opened at a time. (MT5)

3 Fundamental Analysis (news trading) (MT4)
    Does not have Forex Calendar A separate economic calendar tab with features like news event, schedule, impact, forecast, previous & others. (MT5)

4 Commerce/ Market Does not have commerce integrated into the platform. You have to visit MQL4.com for Market Place. (mt4)
    Integrated into the platform. You can directly purchase Forex products from MQL through the Market tab on the platform. (mT5)

5 Indicators & Analytical Objects 30 inbuilt indicators. (mT4)
    38 inbuilt indicators. New indicators added. 22 Analytical Objects, 46 graphical objects. (MT5)

6 Orders 2 market orders, & 4 pending orders (mT4)
    2 marker orders, 6 pending orders, 2 stop orders. (mT5)

7 Expert Advisor MetaTrader 4 Editor & Strategy Tester. EAs are designed with MQL code language and they are faster to compile. Cannot port EA
    code on MT4 to MT5. So EAs on MT4 would not work on MT5. (mT4)
    MetaTrader 5 Editor, Improved Strategy Tester, Strategy Tester Agent Manager for remote optimization of expert advisors, e.t.c. EAs are designed with
    C++ and they are quite slower to compile. (mT5)

8 Interface Easier to navigate around. One click trading and Drag and drop is only included in MT4 Build 500 version. (MT4)
    Few additions in the design interface. Search box included, Details tab on the Market Watch window. One Click trading, drag and drop, e.t.c. (MT5)

9 Trading (Hedging, FIFO, e.t.c.) Allows all trading methods.However broker regulations are implemented on their MT4 platforms. (MT4)
    Does not support hedging & implements FIFO by default. (MT5)

10 Brokers More brokers deliver their services on MT4 than MT5. (MT4)
    Not much when compared to brokers who deliver their services on MT4. (MT5).[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    Indicators are helpful but now recently I started trading in more simple way without indicators and with only stop loss. But what I know one kind of strategy that I just discovered which is done without indicator except the pivot lines. I will try and look more into this naked trading, but I just think it should be complemented by pivot.
    I like price action trader's so go for it mate and share your trading experience and trading strategy with us if it will work for you. I think you can make a good use of pivot points plus price action trading. But can you tell me which type of time frame you like to choose for trading? You are a short term trader or a long term trader?

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    I like price action trader's so go for it mate and share your trading experience and trading strategy with us if it will work for you. I think you can make a good use of pivot points plus price action trading. But can you tell me which type of time frame you like to choose for trading? You are a short term trader or a long term trader?
    Liking that alone won't make you any change i think in here mate. In order to make the best profit i think we need to trade in the longer term. There will be time when we need to watch out from the volatility in the market without a doubt. And then when that did happen, short term account usually will be wiped out while long term trading account can have better result as well.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by sekiryutei View Post
    Liking that alone won't make you any change i think in here mate. In order to make the best profit i think we need to trade in the longer term. There will be time when we need to watch out from the volatility in the market without a doubt. And then when that did happen, short term account usually will be wiped out while long term trading account can have better result as well.
    Long term trading can be good if you can have patience. If you are skilled about Forex trading then its not too hard how you are thinking,i think so.If anyone wants to earn profit more & more then it is hard.It is needed proper concentrate and experience , market analysis.So in this sense the trader also need some contentment and satisfaction.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    Long term trading can be good if you can have patience. If you are skilled about Forex trading then its not too hard how you are thinking,i think so.If anyone wants to earn profit more & more then it is hard.It is needed proper concentrate and experience , market analysis.So in this sense the trader also need some contentment and satisfaction.
    I think both long and short term trading can be good if you can handle them well. Forex is very interesting. Before join forexI had no way to make my dream come true in my life but when i loin forex, i feel forex is the best place for me to make my life change and after join here, i feel my life and my dream both could be easy and achievable.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by ANANDCHENNAI View Post
    I think both long and short term trading can be good if you can handle them well. Forex is very interesting. Before join forexI had no way to make my dream come true in my life but when i loin forex, i feel forex is the best place for me to make my life change and after join here, i feel my life and my dream both could be easy and achievable.
    Yes forex trading online business changing many people lives and its a very good money making opportunity for us. Regrading trading strategies I would suggest people to use long term trading strategies, because they are stress free, and there is no need to spend more time in front of charts, but decisions is your I am a part timer that's why I am satisfied with long term time frames.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    Yes forex trading online business changing many people lives and its a very good money making opportunity for us. Regrading trading strategies I would suggest people to use long term trading strategies, because they are stress free, and there is no need to spend more time in front of charts, but decisions is your I am a part timer that's why I am satisfied with long term time frames.
    Forex is a golden opportunity for skilled traders not otherwise. I knowing big losses hurts in the deep of the heart. I almost cried the first time I lose $800 in real trading. I think loosing has a bad impact on all traders and it decrease the self confidence, i always stop trading after loss, just to accumulate some confidence and to come back with a fresh mind.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessfulKartik View Post
    Forex is a golden opportunity for skilled traders not otherwise. I knowing big losses hurts in the deep of the heart. I almost cried the first time I lose $800 in real trading. I think loosing has a bad impact on all traders and it decrease the self confidence, i always stop trading after loss, just to accumulate some confidence and to come back with a fresh mind.
    Its good to take rest if we are loosing regular money in forex, just take rest for few days and come back strongly with a strong mindset and fresh mind. When we lose money any day in forex then we have to keep in mind that emotion should not be drive to our mind, after loss just close your mt4 terminal and pc and do trader after 2,3 days.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    Honestly I don't like the MT5, I still prefer to make use of the mt4 it is more better and less data consuming, the mt5 is somewhat slow and consumes more data.

Well, I am more convenient with the mt4 and so far so good I don't know why those broker introduced the mt5 because to me in as much as the mt4 is concerned it is useless to me.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Honestly I don't like the MT5, I still prefer to make use of the mt4 it is more better and less data consuming, the mt5 is somewhat slow and consumes more data.

Well, I am more convenient with the mt4 and so far so good I don't know why those broker introduced the mt5 because to me in as much as the mt4 is concerned it is useless to me.
    Sorry but I don't think that mt5 is slow, I have a good experience mt5 trading with couple of robo forex contests, its very fast and very quick than mt4 terminal. I think you should spend more time to learn mt5 terminal or trading software, We can't apply hedging in mt5 and that's the main difference between the use of mt4 and mt5 terminal.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    Sorry but I don't think that mt5 is slow, I have a good experience mt5 trading with couple of robo forex contests, its very fast and very quick than mt4 terminal. I think you should spend more time to learn mt5 terminal or trading software, We can't apply hedging in mt5 and that's the main difference between the use of mt4 and mt5 terminal.
    I traded very few times with mt5, but I know it is as fast as mt4 is. But I am more suited to mt4 trading. Greed in forex trading is a route to disaster because we cannot force the market to give us pips, but we must simply wait for the right opportunity to trade when our system tells us so.

Not allowed!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast