10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5 - Page 3
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

10 Difference between mt4 and mt 5

[lang=id]1 Installation Simple and straightforward. Broker server address required during account opening during installation (MT4)
    Metaquotes trading server now included as a default in the opening account phase of the installation. But pinging the server does not work
    sometimes. Ability to add new server from MT5 for a demo account included. (MT5)

2 Charts/ Timeframe 9 Timeframes (MT4)
    21 Timeframes from 1min to 1month and unlimited number of charts. 100 charts can be opened at a time. (MT5)

3 Fundamental Analysis (news trading) (MT4)
    Does not have Forex Calendar A separate economic calendar tab with features like news event, schedule, impact, forecast, previous & others. (MT5)

4 Commerce/ Market Does not have commerce integrated into the platform. You have to visit MQL4.com for Market Place. (mt4)
    Integrated into the platform. You can directly purchase Forex products from MQL through the Market tab on the platform. (mT5)

5 Indicators & Analytical Objects 30 inbuilt indicators. (mT4)
    38 inbuilt indicators. New indicators added. 22 Analytical Objects, 46 graphical objects. (MT5)

6 Orders 2 market orders, & 4 pending orders (mT4)
    2 marker orders, 6 pending orders, 2 stop orders. (mT5)

7 Expert Advisor MetaTrader 4 Editor & Strategy Tester. EAs are designed with MQL code language and they are faster to compile. Cannot port EA
    code on MT4 to MT5. So EAs on MT4 would not work on MT5. (mT4)
    MetaTrader 5 Editor, Improved Strategy Tester, Strategy Tester Agent Manager for remote optimization of expert advisors, e.t.c. EAs are designed with
    C++ and they are quite slower to compile. (mT5)

8 Interface Easier to navigate around. One click trading and Drag and drop is only included in MT4 Build 500 version. (MT4)
    Few additions in the design interface. Search box included, Details tab on the Market Watch window. One Click trading, drag and drop, e.t.c. (MT5)

9 Trading (Hedging, FIFO, e.t.c.) Allows all trading methods.However broker regulations are implemented on their MT4 platforms. (MT4)
    Does not support hedging & implements FIFO by default. (MT5)

10 Brokers More brokers deliver their services on MT4 than MT5. (MT4)
    Not much when compared to brokers who deliver their services on MT4. (MT5).[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 262
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    I think that the differences are still more than 10. and traders should be careful in using what they know in the two against each other. The both software are from the same company, and the traders mindset of one might not make such trader see the beauty of the other. The both is very good if the trader have goof mindset with them.
    Yes buddy you are right because our main is to do trading so its not matter much for us that which type of software we are using for our trading I am still in meta trader 4 and happy with it. I am not using meta trader five for now but I can do trade in meta trader five too as a scalper I can do trade anytime in both of these softwares

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Just use the script "periodconverter".

Attach to M1 time frame, setting inputs: Period multiplier factor : 3 (for 3 minute)

Open menu "File" - "Open Offline" - and then find m3 offline on the list..., (just like using renko chart).
    It is offline chart, so we had to open two charts in one time in our mt4 platform, online charts (m1) and offline charts (m3). Maybe you have already know about how to attach renko chart.
    [lang=id]well this is nice and thank you very much for your helping and hope that i can follow the instruction with well, i believe that TF 3m is very effective for scalping, we can get more validation to see the minor trending at this frames, well, this is very helpful for me , i will try to make some experiments first, thank you and wish me luck[/lang]

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    [lang=ar]i think the mt4 has a similar advantages of the mt5 and both of them are acceptable to me . but if i say that i started the trading on using the mt4 and have learned all the orders i may use in it without any labor . so there may not any need to learn the other type of the terminal unless i discover a fault of the mt4[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 9
    After all that i think the MT4 is the best platform as compare to MT5 platform because we are working with MT4 mostly traders are working with MT4 . And it is easy to work on it and very easy to understand it .And it is very difficult to find out the indicators of MT5 trading platform...

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 16
    Meta trader 4 is best among all other trading software its best than meta trader 5 because it is very easy to use we understand it easily and i think meta trader 4 is very old and it have a lot of advantages because the many trades are working on it and its also easy to find indicators for mt4.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by Usmanali518 View Post
    Meta trader 4 is best among all other trading software its best than meta trader 5 because it is very easy to use we understand it easily and i think meta trader 4 is very old and it have a lot of advantages because the many trades are working on it and its also easy to find indicators for mt4.
    Right mate meta trader 4 is one of the best and very popular trading software most of all trader's like to use this software for trading. Its a very old software and its features are also very easy to use we can find mt4 indicators very easily all over the internet. I am not using any other trading platform rather than mt4 right now

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Right mate meta trader 4 is one of the best and very popular trading software most of all trader's like to use this software for trading. Its a very old software and its features are also very easy to use we can find mt4 indicators very easily all over the internet. I am not using any other trading platform rather than mt4 right now
    Indeed the use of meta trader 4 software is becoming very popular in forex trading business. Almost all trader's use meta trader 4 terminal even there are many other platforms of trading those we can use in our trading like ninja trading platform, mt five, etc. I think meta trader 4 terminal is best for trading

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    Indeed the use of meta trader 4 software is becoming very popular in forex trading business. Almost all trader's use meta trader 4 terminal even there are many other platforms of trading those we can use in our trading like ninja trading platform, mt five, etc. I think meta trader 4 terminal is best for trading
    I also like trading with mt4 terminal a lot. Sometimes I have traded with mobile and also webtrader but always I trade with mt4 terminal. With its user friendly features and ease to use it is now the most common and widely used trading terminal in the world liked by trillions.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 49
    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessfulKartik View Post
    I also like trading with mt4 terminal a lot. Sometimes I have traded with mobile and also webtrader but always I trade with mt4 terminal. With its user friendly features and ease to use it is now the most common and widely used trading terminal in the world liked by trillions.
    Mt4 terminal is easy to use and easy to understand. It makes Forex very interesting. Before join forexI had no way to make my dream come true in my life but when i loin forex, i feel forex is the best place for me to make my life change and after join here, i feel my life and my dream both could be easy and achievable.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    The major difference for me between Mt4 and Mt5 is the more timeframes Mt5 has included, as I use the 2 and 3 minutes a lot.
    Still there is a downside that no micro timeframes are included in none of Metaquotes software. That would really make them complete. If there is the option like in NinjaTrader to make whatever timeframe you wish it would be even better.
    The similarities - both can be used for free with demo accounts provided from quite a big pool of brokers.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast