Improving the history quality in the Strategy Tester - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving the history quality in the Strategy Tester

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Improving the history quality in the Strategy Tester

I've been working with the Strategy Tester in MT5 using the HedgePro symbols at RoboForex. I've found the 1 minute OHLC data only goes back to November 2012. The history quality declines with earlier dates. I would use the Metaquotes server but they don't have the HedgePro symbols. Any help is appreciated.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    I do not know what it is meant by the strategy tester. Is it true that there are some things in the market like trading software that will help you to know the efficiency of the strategy that you are uisng in the forex market? I hardly get this from the comments, but i will like to get more knowledgeof this really.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    indeed a good history helps us in trying expert advisor that will be used, but we need to remember also that the degree of truth of history was not 100% so we better try in real account but use small lot of us use a large lot but immediately lost, trying little by little will mean more to me than just silence

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    one of the most important things that you have to do if you want to make a good testing for expert and you really want something close to real which you can depend is to upload a good history and that will make you make 99% accurate testing and sure it will be more that good for you to judge yourself about the expert you will use or strategy you want to see its performance, that is what i am really doing myself and how i decide if that expert will work with me or not

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    i think in this case you should just uninstall the meta trader software and then install it again because there might be some problem in that due to which it is not showing the complete history, so i hope it might help you and fix your problem after all and you succeed.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by harbir View Post
    i think in this case you should just uninstall the meta trader software and then install it again because there might be some problem in that due to which it is not showing the complete history, so i hope it might help you and fix your problem after all and you succeed.
    I never used to be able to get historical prices much but now I do not know why then I can only get historical prices that are limited only in the trading platform so I had to try hard now to figure how to get historical prices much so that it will be able to give me an opportunity better analysis of the history of this price

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Its the matter of ways. I think its possible. Try to another ways i think it will be success.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    I think you need to to improve your history and are you know what's meta qutoes you found one miniute time for bugs and your data si improve by them

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1
    i think , you have little nervous to trade with the mt5 platform . But i didn't get any bugs in the mt5 platform as you explain in your post . yeah , there is little bugs to all timeframe , but i didn't find any thing as the find out from the mt5 . if you are really worried , please explain with details and i hope, i can give you little solution from me .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    improving the history quality in the Strategy Tester- i think that it is true . I am trading in Forex lock forward to earning many from a lot of months . I did not know about that, there are history of market . Letter i have come to know that and always try to take knowledge from these. May be two wave of market is not same but we can analyze the trend of market through history .I make little loss now a days . so you can try...

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    I think if your wants to get increase your skilled and experience than you can practice with the demo accounts and also can practice with the demo accounts more and more. The Demo practice is can makes you a well skilled and expert traders just within a very short times without any kinds of the hardworking.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast