2 Lines MACD Trading Cross over system - Page 2
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Lines MACD Trading Cross over system

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,205
    Given: 432

2 Lines MACD Trading Cross over system

MACD derived from ( moving average convergence/divergence ) is one of the best technical analytical tool , which was created by Gerald Appeal in the late 1970.
    It's mainly used to identify the strength , direction. trend , momentum . tendency , time period of a trend.

MACD structured on three component , we will not further dig up the history of the MACD , lets move to the trading strategy ...

How to setup the chart : We only need the two line MACD indicator , if you not have please download it from the link given...

MACD with these setting we need 12,26,9.

Any time with any any currency pair can be used for this trading system.

Entry Hint: When we see that a cross over happens with 2 lines or MACD rise from o level at histogram and bars getting higher in the chart it's buy entry , vice versa sell entry.

Exits Hint: When MACD make another cross over or lines go through from 0 histogram level.
    Attachment 559
    Advantages/Disadvantages :
    Quite easy and understandable trading system , give much proper accurate entry and exits , but traders may can change the MACD properties to get the more working in MACD and here are settings members can try at their chart USD/CHF MACD (04, 07, 16), EUR/USD MACD (02, 03, 20), GBP/USD MACD (02, 03, 04) , try at the various time frame so you can understand what settings works on what better

If the period number decrease always recommend go to the smaller time frame.
    In sideway market condition the MACD gives quite often false signals , and shows divergence which is another chapter about MACD , we will cover it in another trading strategy , but if you want use it , use as well a filter indicator
    MACD 2 Lines Download Here:
    Indicator Attachment 560

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4
    I have tried the indicator for 1 week and MACD is lagging. I tried it for additional analysis of the trend in time frame 4H. I shall continue to try it again for 1 month to find out the indicator suitable for my trading style. But 2 lines MACD analysis seems good for overbought/oversold. The indicator proved to be accurate

Not allowed!

Trader
    Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1
    Macd is an indicator which is used as a signal when the Macd line crosses over the signal line in the direction of the current trend,although this indicator is mainly seen as a lagging indicator because the trend need to occur before the Macd line crosses,but not withstanding traders still look for an entry point based in a corrective move,most traders would prefer for the price to approach the initial high or low of the initial tend before placing an order,and Macd us recommended for longer time frame chart.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by wanahito View Post
    I have tried the indicator for 1 week and MACD is lagging. I tried it for additional analysis of the trend in time frame 4H. I shall continue to try it again for 1 month to find out the indicator suitable for my trading style. But 2 lines MACD analysis seems good for overbought/oversold. The indicator proved to be accurate
    The lagging factor of this indicator is the main resaon why many traders are not using it, and i believe that the standardized one they are customizing will worth it more better. There are many things that you can do about the usage of the forex trading indicators but let it is the best ones alone that you use. Even the lagging inductors still work for some traders that takes pleasure it it.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Don't fully depend on this indicator it's only good to support you decision making specially when you have to confirm the signals there this indicator can play a critical role. Most of traders who choose to trade with this indicator they prefer to use stochastic and CCI along with this because with a complete combination of indicators trading as well as decision making become easy. So before engaging into decisions you need to make a set of indicators which can support you in decision making.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5
    The macd indicator is very good.There are so many trader use the macd indicator and they are make good strategy with macd indicator.Also if we are insert more indicator with the then we can also get good trading setup and we are not loss more trade.The macd give us good signal for our trade and if we follow the macd indicator properly then we can get good trade.

Not allowed!
    SUCCESS Is the SUM of SMALL efforts,
    Repeated DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    As of the default trading system in the forex trading market, the MACD is one of the best that you can ever talk about. It is though lagging, but i have saw a thing that will help you in it, i saw this juts on Friday. If you are trdaing the MACD, make sure that you reduce all the default parameters by 3 each, this makes it faster, and more earning.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    good strategy, and if you use a stop loss in trading that you do, if there is where is the best placement of stop loss and if this goes on wheresoever timeframe? and in the timeframe Where does most good to work? because sometimes not all could go well timeframe, timeframe where you normally use?

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    As of the default trading system in the forex trading market, the MACD is one of the best that you can ever talk about. It is though lagging, but i have saw a thing that will help you in it, i saw this juts on Friday. If you are trdaing the MACD, make sure that you reduce all the default parameters by 3 each, this makes it faster, and more earning.
    certainly the macd is one of the best technical indicators that a lot of forex traders make use to trade the forex market. I never trade without using the macd and even though the macd crossover may be lagging sometimes, the divergence that macd indicates is always accurate most the time. But macd should not be used alone.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 14
    Well , after clearly reading this strategy, it really looks and sounds a great strategy , but i, myself, being a price action trader, i have used MACD for trading divergences as well as combining slow stoch too. So have to try this strategy first and then i could advice others to use it or not. Better must backtest and forward test this strategy!

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 4
    I have never used MACD for working signals except for finding divergences because experts have said that MACD works best to find divergences of three kinds , unseen , expansion and one other divergence.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast