Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Trader's checklist. Part 2

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 191

Trader's checklist. Part 2

Hi, traders. Let’s continue talking about trader’s checklist. The beginning is here. In other words, there are some important observations that trader has to take into consideration. Too much analysis is harmful, but analysis is harmful as well – in this case, trader loses sense of big picture and will end up blindly following the price.

6. Is there any correlation between trading instruments?

Markets are traded on its own most of the time, but sometimes there are cases when market is driven by a single idea – for example, weakening US dollar or «flight-to-safety» (when market reevaluates risk and traders move funds from «risky» assets to «less risky»).

Correlation analysis can give you the clue – is there any financial instrument that goes against major fundamental tendency? If you capture one, you can sometimes find good opportunity that could not be identified with any other type of analysis.
    There are several major «groups» within currency market that can help us.

European currencies: EURUSD, USDCHF (chart should be upended), EURGBP and other EURUSD crosses. GBPUSD is standing alone from this group, but sometimes it correlates with EURUSD.

Commodity currencies: AUDUSD, USDCAD (chart should be upended). AUDUSD often (but not all the time) correlates with gold - XAUUSD
    There can be a correlation between currencies in a group, you may spot some opportunities, when one instrument underperforms. They key here is to identify «leading» instrument and «laggard». It’s not an easy task though.
    According to my opinion, it is much easier to spot situations when the whole market is accumulating (or distributing) US dollar, but one instrument, say, goes in the opposite direction. It’s impossible for any market participants to fight fundamental factors.

For example, look at the picture below:

Attachment 10923

Do you see anything unusual here? Of course, USDCAD is weakening against US dollar, it’s obvious. Other pairs are gaining against US dollar, so there might be something wrong building on USCAD. And, it was a good opportunity to sell USDCAD, it was one of the most profitable swing trades that I have made on my account.

I don’t care why USDCAD is moving against the market – I just see it and act upon this anomaly. Reasons for that may lay outside of traditional market logic. For example, sometimes market is manipulated in a short-term perspective to hold the price above or below some levels to let large option or forward contracts expire worthless. We will not talk about this now, it just happens.

But I have to warn you not to play the «correlation game». It occurs when trader automatically thinks that one instrument automatically goes after another and acts in an impulsive manner. It ends up poorly.

So, as you see, keeping an eye on correlations sometimes can be very beneficial and helpful. Of course, good setups are quite rare, but if you have a tool that can help you find good trading idea, why not to use it?

to be continued…

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4
    EURUSD is the stable and fruit giving currency pair. I am referring it because I use it myself and rarely does it happen that i face loss by using them . The risks associated by this pair is less and the profit margin is extended that 's why i like to trade in this.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamuna View Post
    I am completely newbie and trying to gather the required knowledge and skill from this forum. This educator is very important to me and I am able to learn new things from this educator. I think, good trading strategy is very important to become gainer in this profession and trying to create my own proved strategy. This educator will help me obviously.

yes trading strategy and trading plan helps the trader to make good amount of profits from his/her trade so trader should always have a good strategy and a good trade plan so that they will be able to earn good profit from there trade and in order to have good strategy and trading plan trader must have great knowledge and experience of the Forex market.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by aa1 View Post
    yes trading strategy and trading plan helps the trader to make good amount of profits from his/her trade so trader should always have a good strategy and a good trade plan so that they will be able to earn good profit from there trade and in order to have good strategy and trading plan trader must have great knowledge and experience of the Forex market.
    I agree with you that the better we do or make in this trade strategy with a good understanding then this will further enable us to be able to continue to grow in this business will be a success because after this success will largely depend on how the merchant would try harder now to build a high-skill if lazy is not going to build skills

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 8
    i don't think so but market moves with their own way not for the pairs but pairs are maker with the some good currencies and this can be good for us to analyze the one pair and also get the extra knowledge about the second similar pair and this is a great work for us to trade in the same like pairs

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Read the first post in the trade check list and helpful. However, in this post I will give you a call. Also, I agree. We must decide as a couple earlier, analyze and act on it. It's good, we set our pair but a few A few more analysis backing up or trade advancement.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Surely there is an existence of correlation between market instruments.But the practice of making your trades checklist is really worthwhile, both in short as well as in long term,as its really assists you in Forex trading.Keeping an eye on your trade and your action is equally important and essential as your trading is.If you use this method, you will notice the changes and importance of it.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    If this is really talking about correlation, there are many of them in the market among the various trading instruments, but they are not always working, but moves faster and have better momentum if the trader is right about the,. One thing I know is that it is a great check point of reference for traders to have better trading advantage.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Market movement depend upon many factors.
    I trade as per moving average and the news ( whether released or to be released).
    Some time market movement can be drive by big players as they either create huge long/ or short position which cause market in one direction and small traders can not sustain in that wave.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Your check list was appropriate but not up to date as because that cannot be done perfectly as the market is not the same all the time it tends to change very rapidly, so there is chance that the plan that was working will not work further more changes are to be made the more rapid changes with the market the more he is closer to success and that will make him more spontaneous trader.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJPABITRA View Post
    Your check list was appropriate but not up to date as because that cannot be done perfectly as the market is not the same all the time it tends to change very rapidly, so there is chance that the plan that was working will not work further more changes are to be made the more rapid changes with the market the more he is closer to success and that will make him more spontaneous trader.
    To have success in the market is not perfectly clear all the time, this is because the effort of the trader is needed on this issue. To be honest, the traders working with the specific trading concerns in form of curiosity in the market, he will get better answers that will point forwards to his success. I can rightly link this to the usefulness of journal for this check.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast