Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper questions for traders

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

Proper questions for traders

Hi traders.

Our development in trading depends on what questions do we ask. What do I mean by that? The better questions we ask in our learning, the better answers we will get. I work with traders educating them for about more than 3 years now. I and will say to you, that most traders ask wrong questions. In this article I want to make a top-list of most popular questions that should be rephrase to give trader a chance to succeed.

Bad Question: How much will I earn with trading?

This question is very understandable, because every trader comes to the market to earn money after all. But this questions assumes that profit in trading is guaranteed. In fact, it’s much harder to survive in the long run than to earn in short-term perspective.
    Every trader can pick good trade from time to time, but there are too many factors that keep trader away from moving forward. It can be either psychological factors or market understanding, but statistics is merciless – around 70% of traders (and in fact, even more) lose money in the long run.
    I hear many times from traders what I call «10% mantra». They say – «I can earn 10% a month safely, if I try to make 20-30% it will be risky». It is far from true.

So, question that sounds like «how much money will I earn with trading» is equal to «how many tigers will I kill hunting in jungle»? When task of survival is not achieved, talking about profits makes no sense. First trader needs to take protective actions – develop proper money management, loss limits, adequate market understanding. And when he learns how not to lose his capital, it will be fair to talk about profits. The only group of traders that can be motivated by profits, is expert traders.
    Only after you can learn to protect your capital, you can estimate the potential for profit (and it can vary upon market conditions, accepted risk and other parameters)

Proper question: How can I preserve my capital and survive the learning curve?

Bad question: Where will the price go?

Another question that is not very useful for trader – «Where will the price go?» (What to expect from the market). You know, many would like to know what will happen. But studies have shown that behavior of price can not be predicted accurately. Best traders are ok to have no more than 50% of winning trades (yet their profitable trades bring more than losing ones). The game of prediction has nothing to do with real trading. It’s been proven by statistics that predictions have no correlations with real events in a long run. What about analysts? They have to create content every day, they can’t afford to issue one article a month or less (when they see really good opportunity). But trader has no such obligations. We can trade any time we want and we’d better choose the best of market can offer.

The best question you can ask is not «where the price will go», but rather «where is trade location with low initial risk for my trade?». Focusing on predicting makes you concentrate on something you can’t control. All we can control in trading is our risk. Tools for managing risks are: Market analysis, trade location (reasonable level for placing your stop) and money management. As you see, market analysis is not the most dominant part in this triad, it is just «one leg of a stool», no more.
    It is important to have expectations about possible market movements, but it is more important to know your trade location – in other words, to know how exactly are you going to play this scenario.
    I'm not saying that being right is not important, but earning more when you are right and losing less when you are wrong is better objective. It’s realistic. It’s achievable.

Proper question: How can I reduce risk in my trade and maximize return?

Nothing new about it, huh?

But it’s our human nature – we want to eliminate uncertainty, we want to know the future, therefore we focus on what we can’t control. Can we expect to have different statistics (70% traders or more lose their capitals entirely) having such beliefs?

But you can be different. You can be a winning trader.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 01-12-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    It is actually good It forex traders read a thing regarding brilliant trading psychology including the actual often, This is your solitary that will change your trading ways via gambling for the market to help trading rightly on the market because You may recognize your own thing This really is going from at the market very carefully previous a person take your own trade. my spouse and i think It this can be a good point people ask yourself even more, therefore That yo are sure involving yourself first.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    It can be good This forex traders read the thing of brilliant trading psychology just like the actual often, This is the single which change your own trading actions through gambling on the market to help trading rightly at the market since You\'ll realize ones thing This is going at in the market very carefully previously people consider ones trade. we think That that is a good point you obtain yourself even more, thus That yo usually are sure involving yourself first.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    the run from obtaining because of the selection of your technique as well as the strategy of a manage; anybody to help leaves of any good chance with persevering of an Best through the risks with complying of the good is effective with entering your market from the decision at selecting of any matching profiles In the same way to help avoid of the worse through the returns with deliverance As because of the submission of an order. AND to help follows of an operate with functioning of a customs by the evaluation of any open order because of the trade.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sojeb View Post
    It can be good This forex traders read a good thing of amazing trading psychology just like this often, This can be your solitary that change your current trading actions from gambling on the market to trading rightly for the market since You\'ll learn your current thing It is going in on the market very carefully earlier anyone consider your own trade. when i think It that is a good point anyone ask yourself even more, thus The idea yo are sure regarding yourself first.
    Your action is really praising me so much,you make me feel too much proud to show the trading result for everyone sure i could not say it is not an achievement,but comes from the acc which have been making too much xxx trading sins is not something good for me.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Learning is key words to attain the success of the life. the proper questions for traders to ask what risk is under the forex trading and how to achieve and break the risk and how to make money and profits in forex trading. for that what steps are to maintained withthe forex trading in the markets. what kind of knowledge is we want to know to be effort to take part of the trading section.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    there are numerous points This the trader need to understand but That is additionally a fact This every sole does not recognize all about most of these specifics in labor and birth but Whenever they pay date within the actual pack .they come for you to learn information about most of these details ALONG WITH inside this way they can reduce your own risk.we In the event have patience AND hopefulnes for you to survive inside the container with regard to prolonged term financial success.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 1
    the most important thing in this business when trading the market is to learn when to and when not to,if a trader is having a better understanding about when to and when not to such trader will be able to make profit in this business when trading,trading is a very tricky business and the only way to get something from this business is with a plan

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by paru90 View Post
    Learning is key words to attain the success of the life. the proper questions for traders to ask what risk is under the forex trading and how to achieve and break the risk and how to make money and profits in forex trading. for that what steps are to maintained withthe forex trading in the markets. what kind of knowledge is we want to know to be effort to take part of the trading section.
    That is correct sir, the main issue of those questions is to get the trader into the right earning at the end. But the trading learning is the main thing the trader should look unto. When the trader is well experienced, he will know the right thing to do in the market. And I am sure that the preservation of the trading of the account should follow.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    It is outstanding that forex dealing traders research a aspect of outstanding working attitude like this often, it is the one that will change your working techniques from gambling in the market to working effectively in the market because you will know the aspect that is going on in the market very effectively before you take the company. I think that it is a outstanding aspect you ask yourself even more, so that yo are sure of yourself first.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    This is very much true value trader earning more when we are on right direction and minimizing the losses when we are on the wrong direction of the forex market movement is very much critical for the traders success. Hence, one should always implement these in their trading routine.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast