Installing of EA in mt4 (explanation) - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing of EA in mt4 (explanation)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,209
    Given: 433

Installing of EA in mt4 (explanation)

Installation of the Robot or EA ( Explanation)
    Here are steps by following them you may can install a EA(expert advisor) or Robot.
    1. This is very important that your trading charting software means , mt4 should not be open, it should need to be close state , if it's open first you do have to close it , by dragging the mouse cursor to X or simply a command Alt+F4 .

2. Now Copy the files of the Robot or expert advisor which usually in ex4 or mq4 extension by right click of the mouse copy or command Ctrl+C by selection mouse or moving arrows of keyboard that file , after copying file , go where you have installed the mt4, by default you can see your file like this way
    C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 - RoboForex\experts

3. using the exper advisor , having the custom based indicator then ,meta trader would have not that indicators for EA then you also have to copy the files into the
    indicators folder as well like this way
    C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 - RoboForex\experts\indicators

4. Now you should open the mt4 after copying the files

5. Below the tools bar , market watch and below it Navigator Box ,if you don't see it then simply give command Ctrl+N , it will be there , then slight where Expert advisors written , it would has + sign click on , many file would be opened, select that file name which you have copied into mt4 ,as you will press the right click via mouse option appear attach to the chart , click on it

6. After Attach to the chart , a box appear in your mt4 window, now you can order the EA to do the automatic trading for you , by giving the check sign on
    "Allow Live Trading" and click on "OK".

7. Now almost every thing is okay , remaining step is like on and of, After doing step number six on meta trader Tool bar , you will see the " Expert Advisor" option , click on it , as you do it its color change to red to green and your EA will start working.

8. To make sure that rather your EA is working mean to ensure it's on , so at the chart from right side to up , if there is face with smile means and if not a smiling face or X sign,mean EA is not on yet .

9. Finally you should restart the mt4 , just like we usually do when we install any software to ensure its works perfectly , because some time EA is on but did not takes any trader , so close mt4 as i described above do not change any setting while doing this.
    10. Now you should wait so your EA can catch trades according to the programming !

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gamer; 05-21-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by widhie75 View Post
    Don't forget another rule about installing/activate EA.

Sometime EA need to be run manually, which mean we can not let EA run full automatic, because for after sometime, EA could make wrong OP, and will make our trade loss.

So, in step number 6 above,, we can change "Long & Short Position" into only 'Only Long' or 'Only Short'.
    If we set as "Only Long" then EA will only make buying order.... Same as "Only Short", then EA will make Sell order only.
    One thing that concerns me in using the EA in fully automated, is the presence of bugs and errors, so I think you are right, we should constantly monitor periodically. And I think EA does not should run all the time because it is too risky when there is fundamental news.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3
    this is a best information I can found as other place. I had known that in every platform that download, it provide the EA for us to test and use. but I can see they are So many EA in website. some of them is free and some of them is copyright and need to buy. For a beginner, is it suitable to buy EA from the website that they promote? is this EA is profitable? is it suitable for the low equity in account? I had know EA will automatically helping us to trade without doing nothing. the EA I use will not stop entry and it keep open new entry and making out my account burn after all.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 32
    Lol, if you have a good and profitable EA, then you can install it into VPS (Virtual Private Server), thats so your EA will running 24 hours automatically without online. Means, you can earn money while you are sleeping. This is a kind of benefit to trade using EA.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 3
    thnx Moderator. i got some useful information about EA installation. i liked this very much and i will try it in demo trading then i will show you the results insha allah. i hope many user get the good information from this thread and now they can also install it easily. this can help me in learning of mistake and it will be usful in improving my trading power.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 5
    Thanks for the information . But it is funny matter that i have not used it before and i have not faced any trouble for that. I think it is easy enough to install . It will be easy enough to understand so it will be helpful for the new trader . Expert adviser helps any trader to not to have a margin call .We need to trade depending on our skills . I have used some ea but they are helper only nothing more.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    To me, it is easier said than done because i knwo this before, all the EAs that i have used on the computer that i ma using with the several brokers that i have tried it does not work. Could it be that i do not get this right, or could it be that all the EAs i have ever come across are not good in working or something, really this amazes me to say the fact.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    One thing that concerns me in using the EA in fully automated, is the presence of bugs and errors, so I think you are right, we should constantly monitor periodically. And I think EA does not should run all the time because it is too risky when there is fundamental news.
    it depend on the type of the robot which we use. If the robot will works well at news, then we can use it at news. But if the robot need sideway market, then we can close all position manually and swicth off the robot. It can save our account. So, we can choose the time for trading with robot

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Respected moderator, you have done a great job. Thank you for this informative explanation about EA. Manual trading is really very tough. EA guides traders to execute perfectly. It is mainly helpful for new traders. But it is not safe to become totally dependent on it. Sometimes it can make wrong opinion which causes loss in trading. So be very careful in using EA.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamed reda View Post
    thanks so much i think trading manually is so useful and so safe for any beginner trader to not to have a margin call so we must trading depending on our skills . i used many expert but i had many margin call.
    Well, that's the main reason why you need to gather all the experience and the knowledge needed in order to trade forex. you won't be able to success only by depending in one indicator and you need some confidence in making decision. this is how the success traders survive.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    Installation of the Robot or EA ( Explanation)
    Here are steps by following them you may can install a EA(expert advisor) or Robot.
    1. This is very important that your trading charting software means , mt4 should not be open, it should need to be close state , if it's open first you do have to close it , by dragging the mouse cursor to X or simply a command Alt+F4 .

2. Now Copy the files of the Robot or expert advisor which usually in ex4 or mq4 extension by right click of the mouse copy or command Ctrl+C by selection mouse or moving arrows of keyboard that file , after copying file , go where you have installed the mt4, by default you can see your file like this way
    C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 - RoboForex\experts

3. using the exper advisor , having the custom based indicator then ,meta trader would have not that indicators for EA then you also have to copy the files into the
    indicators folder as well like this way
    C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 - RoboForex\experts\indicators

4. Now you should open the mt4 after copying the files

5. Below the tools bar , market watch and below it Navigator Box ,if you don't see it then simply give command Ctrl+N , it will be there , then slight where Expert advisors written , it would has + sign click on , many file would be opened, select that file name which you have copied into mt4 ,as you will press the right click via mouse option appear attach to the chart , click on it

6. After Attach to the chart , a box appear in your mt4 window, now you can order the EA to do the automatic trading for you , by giving the check sign on
    "Allow Live Trading" and click on "OK".

7. Now almost every thing is okay , remaining step is like on and of, After doing step number six on meta trader Tool bar , you will see the " Expert Advisor" option , click on it , as you do it its color change to red to green and your EA will start working.

8. To make sure that rather your EA is working mean to ensure it's on , so at the chart from right side to up , if there is face with smile means and if not a smiling face or X sign,mean EA is not on yet .

9. Finally you should restart the mt4 , just like we usually do when we install any software to ensure its works perfectly , because some time EA is on but did not takes any trader , so close mt4 as i described above do not change any setting while doing this.
    10. Now you should wait so your EA can catch trades according to the programming !
    very detailed and quality information,several times Ive tried running some ea on roboforex ea forum,but to no avail,after reading your post i noticed that the mistake i made was not to close the platform,before running the ea.Also another impotante info i would apprrecait is how to edit some errors i get while running the ea.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast