Greetings all fellow traders ..

Account number : 1601158
    Investor password : 123456
    Server : Roboforex demo
    Type : Overbought / Oversold
    Working Timeframe : H1-H4
    Currency pairs : EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY ( recommendation ).. or any

Description:

This strategy is quite simple, so that a beginner can apply it and I'm sure will make profit by consistent when is run by discipline. Based on a simple philosophy. Sell ​​at the highest price and buy at the lowest price. But how to determine the highest price, and where the lowest price. So I took a simple indicator which of course I've tested in the past year. MACD, is often be used to generate signals that are quite accurate, and I use MACD levels, as entry signal.

Indicators parameters:

1. MACD ( Entry signal )

Fast MA : 10
    Slow MA : 20
    MACD SMA : 7
    Levels : 0.002 and - 0.002 ( EURUSD-GBPUSD)
    0.2 and -0.2 ( USDJPY )

2. ZZ ( Additional indicators )

Depth : 100
    Deviation : 75
    BackStep : 15

SELL :

1. When fast MACD crossing slow MACD. From upper the level line 0.002.
    2. Make sure zig zag line has formed.
    3. Take profit 50-100 pips and stop loss 25 pips-50 pips.

BUY :

1. When fast MACD rossing slow MACD. From below level line -0.002
    2. Make sure zig zag line has formed
    3. Take profit 50-100 pips and stop loss 25 pips-50 pips.

Attachment 10492

Money Management :

Use risk reward 1: 2 in each trade. Maximum initial lot is 0,1 % from capital.
    When the trade first touched the stop loss line. Then can be paid when the second trade could succeed touch the take profit line.
    And if the second trade also failed. So on the third trade, can increase the number lot size, larger than before, ... and so on.

More details will be discussed later .. :)

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboLover; 05-08-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post

1. DON"T CALL ME AS A SENIOR.... Yep, I agree with your point, and I am sure all the traders who have a lot of experience will understand about this. And it would be better if you make a specific thread about your short lecture. Because I'm sure this will be useful especially for beginners.

2. Hi, NZATrader, I think you should understand that false signals are very possible in any strategy, so you should not be surprised by this. As far as you are able to anticipate the risk control, then all will be fine.
    I think Robolover already control the risks carefully, he had put a stop loss and set the lot size for each transaction. And that means he's already anticipating risk in any market conditions. If he entry when the ECB releases. (as in your picture), maybe he will get the loss, but he just lost a few percent of the margin. The most important thing is how you do a recovery. that's it.

3. What do you mean about "SHOULD NOT MAKE ORDER MORE THAN 3 TIMES."?
    Does this mean you give up losing in three transactions in a row? And then you start from the initial lot size?

4. Are you open 3 positions in one direction. For example, you open a sell order, and then you get a loss. Are you going to open a sell order on the second transaction, and the third transaction? Or you can open a buy order and a sell order at the second and third transactions?

5. As a filter indicator, sometimes you use a zigzag, and sometimes you use Bollinger bands, we know that the character from the zigzag and Bollinger Bands are almost similar. Both work by deviation. So if you find a zigzag line formed up, then it means that the price is at the upper bands (with the same deviation). Vice versa.

6. I see your history are pretty good, from 17 trades total transaction, you have 11 win and 6 loss. It means you have 64% win ratio. And 1:2 risk reward ratio. Good job mate....

1 . Yes, one day I will try to open a thread about short lecture. But I need to spend my time for a while. There are many educators in this forum who are better than me, including you. So I'd better give it to you and other traders.

2. Everything goes well, although I need to take the time for this contest. And not out of some trouble when I was in the market. I found a lot of false signals, but I am in a hurry to make an order for my updates. It was a mistake, which finally got some loss in some order.

3. Meant, 10% of risk subdivided into 3 transactions = 3% more. So, it is advisable in any transaction only use 3% risk from initial capital.
    Yes I will stop. And then I will look for new opportunities for the recovery of all losses. If my capital is $ 1,000. So I got loss of about $ 100 in 3 transactions.

4. Not always have same direction. Example, SELL, SELL, BUY. or SELL, BUY, BUY. Depending from opportunity or signal.

5. Yes, zigzag and boellinger bands have same character. I want to find a deviation with a value of 2 and above. With a large parameter settings, I can figure out over bought or over sold areas . I'm not forced to use those indi, because it's just a filter. Can also using RSI, Stochastic etc ... depending on taste.

6. Thank you. But I also know your strategy is still better than me. And my goal is not to a triumph, but I was happy to be able to enliven this contest. More important is I want to give the correct information from this strategy. In order each beginners, can trade with properly. And this contest is very useful for development of my strategy.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboLover View Post
    Thank you, excellent question. I will answer it according to my knowledge. Hopefully you can understand easily.

THE SECRET OF MACD TECHNICAL

1. Key success, from my strategy is Money Management and Discipline. The explanation of Money Management is already provided, on page 18. I'll give you a picture why should discipline and patience to wait for a good opportunity. According to my experience, a good time to order is when the market is over. After that there was an opportunity that market make correction or reversal.
    There is a secret behind this strategy, which we can not make our position so big risk. So I suggest, better to make an order in after the signal actually arise. I will enter to make order when 4th signal raise and so on.... That is was right time to make profit. Although market is a wide trend but will not be too risky.

Attachment 10834

2. We know the ECB news can make a big impact and would making any indicators can becoming false. So do not make the order, when the market is in this situation. According to my experience, counter trend strategies will be good when market is in a stable condition. Never fight the trend, because the purpose of this strategy is not like this. We have to avoid effects of fundamental and technical explanations can you see in the image below.

Attachment 10835

"An indicator will work well if be done with discipline, and waiting for the right opportunity in accordance history of your victory".

From your description, it seems your are so serious to focus on your money management. You use it with a unique variation. My point of view u are one contestant with the best money management and I like it.
    Well, I just found out. It turns out that there is a secret on your indicator. I appreciate that, and that's why your did not make a fatal error during ECB news. One day I will are using this strategy and applying it to my strategy. GL Sir

Hi, NZATrader, I think you should understand that false signals are very possible in any strategy, so you should not be surprised by this. As far as you are able to anticipate the risk control, then all will be fine.
    I think Robolover already control the risks carefully, he had put a stop loss and set the lot size for each transaction. And that means he's already anticipating risk in any market conditions. If he entry when the ECB releases. (as in your picture), maybe he will get the loss, but he just lost a few percent of the margin. The most important thing is how you do a recovery. that's it.
    Hmmm .. yeah .. I know it sir. And I just wanted to know what he's comments when a big news effect coming. And from his answer , then he has succeeded to convincing me. By the way your strategy is also good sir, even though you finding a few problems.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 313
    1 . Yes, one day I will try to open a thread about short lecture. But I need to spend my time for a while. There are many educators in this forum who are better than me, including you. So I'd better give it to you and other traders.

2. Everything goes well, although I need to take the time for this contest. And not out of some trouble when I was in the market. I found a lot of false signals, but I am in a hurry to make an order for my updates. It was a mistake, which finally got some loss in some order.

3. Meant, 10% of risk subdivided into 3 transactions = 3% more. So, it is advisable in any transaction only use 3% risk from initial capital.
    Yes I will stop. And then I will look for new opportunities for the recovery of all losses. If my capital is $ 1,000. So I got loss of about $ 100 in 3 transactions.

4. Not always have same direction. Example, SELL, SELL, BUY. or SELL, BUY, BUY. Depending from opportunity or signal.

5. Yes, zigzag and boellinger bands have same character. I want to find a deviation with a value of 2 and above. With a large parameter settings, I can figure out over bought or over sold areas . I'm not forced to use those indi, because it's just a filter. Can also using RSI, Stochastic etc ... depending on taste.

6. Thank you. But I also know your strategy is still better than me. And my goal is not to a triumph, but I was happy to be able to enliven this contest. More important is I want to give the correct information from this strategy. In order each beginners, can trade with properly. And this contest is very useful for development of my strategy.
    Do not say that I was an educator... I'm still learning... Including learning in this forum. Valuetrader is the educator in this forum. Not me, And nothing else..

It does not matter mate, as far as you apply the proper money management, you should be very well in recovery. False signals not impossible. There is always exist in every strategy. By the way, I also often get false signals during the last 2 months, not only for account in this contest, but also for some real accounts that I manage, the last few months is a critical situation for me personally.

Do not be so admire for my strategy, due to the fact I do not have a good result, as I said previously, the last few months is a critical situation for my strategy. But here I just use my old strategy. Actually I did not use this strategy again. But anyway, I have to keep this strategy to always work well, so I have to constantly evaluate and update according to current market conditions. I'm sure one day it will be useful, especially for me personally, my strategy in this contest is specifically for beginners, as I began to understand about the character of the market after I learn this strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by NZATrader View Post
    From your description, it seems your are so serious to focus on your money management. You use it with a unique variation. My point of view u are one contestant with the best money management and I like it.
    Well, I just found out. It turns out that there is a secret on your indicator. I appreciate that, and that's why your did not make a fatal error during ECB news. One day I will are using this strategy and applying it to my strategy. GL Sir

Hmmm .. yeah .. I know it sir. And I just wanted to know what he's comments when a big news effect coming. And from his answer , then he has succeeded to convincing me. By the way your strategy is also good sir, even though you finding a few problems.
    Dear NZAtrader, creativity is essential to improve our understanding of the market, you will find a lot of variety for your strategy if you have more creativity, but should be in accordance with your observations.

Yep, I had some problems in recent times, not only in this contest, but in my real account. And I also get a lot of personal problems in my life. 2014 was a nightmare for me. Can you help me?

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Dear NZAtrader, creativity is essential to improve our understanding of the market, you will find a lot of variety for your strategy if you have more creativity, but should be in accordance with your observations.

Yep, I had some problems in recent times, not only in this contest, but in my real account. And I also get a lot of personal problems in my life. 2014 was a nightmare for me. Can you help me?
    Nice and right Sir rinaji.., I always insist on me to always be creative so that I could make a new breakthrough on all my strategies. I need to adjust to market conditions, which is always changing as a wind direction.

All people have a problem sir, me too. But I do not want to make myself become depressed. I want my business went smoothly without much pressure. By the way .. what's the problem sir.? What the market in 2014 did not support you.? I can help you, but you have to pay me for an interview ... Just kidding sir ..

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    \'m trying to look for out whether or not there is certainly even individual pamm accounts It has ever generated gain within the forum or maybe each of the pamm here tend to be scam or simply newbie which can be trying to help trade inside peoples dollars with live account

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by NZATrader View Post
    Nice and right Sir rinaji.., I always insist on me to always be creative so that I could make a new breakthrough on all my strategies. I need to adjust to market conditions, which is always changing as a wind direction.

All people have a problem sir, me too. But I do not want to make myself become depressed. I want my business went smoothly without much pressure. By the way .. what's the problem sir.? What the market in 2014 did not support you.? I can help you, but you have to pay me for an interview ... Just kidding sir ..
    Haha, what guarantees do you give to me if I pay you for this? Indeed, in 2014 the market is still not in accordance with my expectations. There is a change in the character of some pairs, especially in the daily range. Maybe this year is the consolidation year for some pair.
    I think, I do not need to tell you about my problem, because it is a personal matter, too complex, and no relation with forex, I might have to chat with you about that. so please you pm me your chat like fb account or others if you really want to hear my personal problem.. I may have to consult with a psychiatrist in the near future.

I was not serious about asking for your help, it was just kidding. By the way.... thanks for give me some advice.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    If there are many trading system in the market, the one i fear the most is this one, the way you trade the oversold or the overbought are very risky, this is a strong reversal trading system and it might be just retracement in the market that you will place the order with, and you will naturally be thinking that a reversal is underway, this is risky to me.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    If there are many trading system in the market, the one i fear the most is this one, the way you trade the oversold or the overbought are very risky, this is a strong reversal trading system and it might be just retracement in the market that you will place the order with, and you will naturally be thinking that a reversal is underway, this is risky to me.
    Thank you for your comments mate. For you this is risky. But for me there is no problem, as long as I use stop loss and good money management. There is no one strategy that is not at risk mate. And every strategy definitely has a point of weakness be it a follow the trend strategy or against trend. However, from my experience it would not be at risk if I knew market give me a reversal mark, but if my analysis was wrong (false signals) then I consider it's reasonable as long as that error does not make big problems .... And not only that, I also have knowledge of the fundamentals to supporting this strategy.

For example, none order is made ​​after ECB news came, though my indicators have been told to do that, because I do not consider it appropriate to considered as a reversal. But I am just waiting for a good opportunity will arise. I consider it not valid to say as a reversal. But I am just waiting for a good opportunity will arise.
    This is one of my trading style mate. And I will learn on you if you can ensure that your strategy does not contain a risk. Thank's.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    Yep mate, maybe you are right, but every trader has a different character. This may be seen at high risk for you, but maybe this is a safe strategy for Robolover. I understand about the different points of view. I do not think you are wrong, and also do not consider Robolover is wrong. So, keep hold of your understanding of each, it is the best thing.

As I have seen (sorry if I'm wrong), Robolover choose several pairs such as eur/usd, gbp/usd and usd/jpy, and he put take profit 50-100 pips, using H1-H4 time frame, if I use this strategy, I think is very possible if I get 50-100 pips in H1-H4 time frame in eur/usd, gbp/usd and usd/jpy. Although I only get a retracement. Maybe we need to calculate the range of retracement in these 3 pairs using H1-H4 time frame.

Thank you for your comments mate. For you this is risky. But for me there is no problem, as long as I use stop loss and good money management. There is no one strategy that is not at risk mate. And every strategy definitely has a point of weakness be it a follow the trend strategy or against trend. However, from my experience it would not be at risk if I knew market give me a reversal mark, but if my analysis was wrong (false signals) then I consider it's reasonable as long as that error does not make big problems .... And not only that, I also have knowledge of the fundamentals to supporting this strategy.

For example, none order is made ​​after ECB news came, though my indicators have been told to do that, because I do not consider it appropriate to considered as a reversal. But I am just waiting for a good opportunity will arise. I consider it not valid to say as a reversal. But I am just waiting for a good opportunity will arise.
    This is one of my trading style mate. And I will learn on you if you can ensure that your strategy does not contain a risk. Thank's.
    Robolover, I know you are strict in money management, as you say (you divide total margin for 30 transactions), 3 orders in a set of transactions, and 10 set transactions for your total margin. CMIIW.

I would not say that this is a high risk strategy, and I would not say this is a safe strategy. Because as I said, everyone has a different viewpoint.

But if I have to share my point of view, I would say that it is quite safe.
    What is the reason? Because I always thought that the risk level of our trade is assessed from three factors: strategy, money management, and psychological.

Silverlady might say that this is a very risky strategy because he saw from the side of technical strategy, and you say that this is safe because you see from the side of money management. So both of you seen from different viewpoints. So what should matter?

If I analyze your trades, I would say that money management is quite good, your technical strategy is pretty good (I've ever use this type of strategy), and your psychology is good.

About psychology: you can discipline in your rules, you can be patient in waiting for the best signal, as you say that you do not open an order when the ECB releases.
    About money management: You limit the loss, the total margin is divided into 30 transactions, you use the multilevel lot size (for 3-level transaction). I think it is pretty safe. A high-risk strategy is risking 100% margin for the transaction (usually without the use of stop loss, or use the big lot size and not proportionate to the capacity of capital).
    About technical strategy: You use the methods of overbought/oversold, TP = 50-100 pips, SL = 25-50 pips. I think you will get 2 possibilities, like what was said by silverlady, you will get a retracement, and or reversal. If you are do not ever get a reversal. I think 50-100 pips is very possible in a retracement in H1-H4 time frame (GU, EU, and UJ).

Dear Robolover, you already gave me a short lecture on your previous post, this time it was my turn which gives a short lecture to you.

Have a high level of accuracy analysis does not mean is profitable.
    Suppose I have a strategy with 90% accuracy. But I do not use a stop loss (and do not limit the loss), you know what will happen? Just waiting for the time to get stop out (bankrupt). Unless he has the power margin to the lowest price of the currency, I mean the lowest price is 0. Due to the highest risk of a currency is when a country is bankrupt and the value of the currency falls to zero. Why do I say "just waiting for the time to get stop out"? Because I just have 90% accuracy, not 100% (impossible), this is about the "probability". That means I have a chance for loss (10%), and I do not use a stop loss, do not limit loss, then there are time when I will get stopped out (bankrupt). No matter how the accuracy of your system, no matter how much profits you have got, no matter how many pips that you have collect. In the end you will get stopped out only in one transaction or wrong in the analysis. Depending on market conditions (long-term), or the strength of the trend, or trends without retracement.

And suppose I have a strategy with 10% accuracy, Does it mean that I was losser (unprofitable)? Sorry I have to tell you, "not always". Whatever your strategy, even though it looks bad in the accuracy, but it does not mean you are unprofitable. Imagine if you set 10 Stop loss, and 100 take profit. In 10 orders, you only get chances: 1 win (10%), and 9 loss (90%). So: your profit = 1 * 100 = 100 pips, and your loss = 9 * 10 = 90 pips. Total = 100 -90 = 10 pips profit.

conclusion:
    So the level of risk in the analysis/technical is not the only determining factor for profitable, we must assess of three factors: Strategy (analysis), MM, and psychology.

So to assess Whether a system is high risk or not, we have to assess this factor of 3. While silverlady only assess from the technical strategy. Not assess from money management and psychology. So I think it fair if he says that this is a very high risk. Unless he's judging from the 3 factors.

Thank you, I do not mean to be a teacher for anyone. But I am just sharing. It's about understanding.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    rinaji, Your short lecture is really useful for me and hopefully it can be read by other members. Because you have represented me to give an explanation. Might actually is me who must explain it. So I say many thanks.

I'll adding a few. There are four things that make a strategy work well and be consistently profitable. Among them are:

1. Analysis

Technical indiktor, fundamental, market sentiment will be very supportive of what percent the level the accuracy of that would be obtained. I myself have the lowest limit is 60% the accuracy of. This means that 60% win and 40 loss. If it can be up to 90% might I say is perfect.

2. Money management

How much skill traders in the analysis, but if it is not supported by MM. Then it may not be able to make a maximum results. I think many traders that must aware about the importance of money management. Because most only see the technical side, relying on a indicator is can determine the accuracy of victory but in fact will not necessarily always successful.

3. Psychology.

Always determining a success. Very often we hear 90% traders loss due to bad psychology.

4. Planning.

Without this it might seem less complete. I will design a plan on how to keep the strategy can succeed to achieve my goal, consistent profit. And I always try to discipline on my plan.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast