Trading made simple by MACD levels [Contest] - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 167

Thread: Trading made simple by MACD levels [Contest]

  1. #1
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6

    Trading made simple by MACD levels [Contest]

    Greetings all fellow traders ..


    Account number : 1601158
    Investor password : 123456
    Server : Roboforex demo
    Type : Overbought / Oversold
    Working Timeframe : H1-H4
    Currency pairs : EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY ( recommendation ).. or any


    Description:

    This strategy is quite simple, so that a beginner can apply it and I'm sure will make profit by consistent when is run by discipline. Based on a simple philosophy. Sell ​​at the highest price and buy at the lowest price. But how to determine the highest price, and where the lowest price. So I took a simple indicator which of course I've tested in the past year. MACD, is often be used to generate signals that are quite accurate, and I use MACD levels, as entry signal.

    Indicators parameters:

    1. MACD ( Entry signal )

    Fast MA : 10
    Slow MA : 20
    MACD SMA : 7
    Levels : 0.002 and - 0.002 ( EURUSD-GBPUSD)
    0.2 and -0.2 ( USDJPY )

    2. ZZ ( Additional indicators )

    Depth : 100
    Deviation : 75
    BackStep : 15


    SELL :

    1. When fast MACD crossing slow MACD. From upper the level line 0.002.
    2. Make sure zig zag line has formed.
    3. Take profit 50-100 pips and stop loss 25 pips-50 pips.

    BUY :

    1. When fast MACD rossing slow MACD. From below level line -0.002
    2. Make sure zig zag line has formed
    3. Take profit 50-100 pips and stop loss 25 pips-50 pips.

    Attachment 10492

    Money Management :

    Use risk reward 1: 2 in each trade. Maximum initial lot is 0,1 % from capital.
    When the trade first touched the stop loss line. Then can be paid when the second trade could succeed touch the take profit line.
    And if the second trade also failed. So on the third trade, can increase the number lot size, larger than before, ... and so on.

    More details will be discussed later .. :)

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboLover; 05-08-2014 at 10:38 AM.

  2. #11
    Registered user
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    216
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    we agree with an individual your current points ones mentioned tend to be covered through what my partner and i have stated throughout MY OWN thread** we think most these kinds of simple Forces make all of us good IN ADDITION TO successful traders my spouse and i think every new traders In case learn these types of details before entering directly into actual world involving Forex trading because the without having knowing most of these they in case face amazing difficulties

    Not allowed!

  3. #12
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by kohinoor View Post
    we agree with an individual your current points ones mentioned tend to be covered through what my partner and i have stated throughout MY OWN thread** we think most these kinds of simple Forces make all of us good IN ADDITION TO successful traders my spouse and i think every new traders In case learn these types of details before entering directly into actual world involving Forex trading because the without having knowing most of these they in case face amazing difficulties
    Thank you for willing to visiting on my thread. In this strategy I described the details on the first page of my post. I wish especially beginners, in this strategy is always trying, can wait patiently for the right moment before deciding to make an order (discipline on the strategy), then train them on basic knowledge about risk reward (know about the placement of stop loss and take profit).

    - - - Updated - - -

    SHORT GBP/USD

    * Order 70532504
    * Entry Price 1.7017 ; Stop Loss 1.7070; Take Profit 1.6918; Exit Price = SL
    * Outcome - 3 pips

    MACD line has been above the 0,002 line and crossing down. MACD divergency signal H4 Time Frame.

    metatrader 4 - roboforex-gbp.jpg

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboLover; 06-23-2014 at 03:46 AM.

  4. #13
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    SHORT EUR/USD

    * Order 70575814
    * Entry Price 1.3603 ; Stop Loss 1.3650; Take Profit 1.3500; Exit Price = SL
    * Outcome - 2 pips

    I need some updates. Trend channels giving me one indicate a long-term bearish trend. The key is the price at 1.3675 as resistance. If the price can be broken, then I will not make short order. MACD indicator give a signal to short.

    metatrader 4 - roboforex-eu.jpg

    Not allowed!

  5. #14
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    SHORT EUR/JPY

    * Order 70576885,
    * Entry Price 138.61 ; Stop Loss 139.00; Take Profit 137.90; Exit Price = SL
    * Outcome - 3 pips

    I want try to developing all profits that I got. This time, the signal is on EURJPY pair, I still believe bearish trend is still quite influential in this pair.. There I attach a fibo, with the purpose of to informing all readers about where to place the right take profit based on Fibonacci indicator.

    eurjpyh4.jpg

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboLover; 06-24-2014 at 04:28 AM.

  6. #15
    Rookie rinaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,723
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 313
    Hi dear, I know this is a simple strategy, I also learned about MACD and I also had a focus on using MACD. But now I've never used again this indicator. I was interested to see your strategy, yep ... I know your strategy is simple, maybe everyone knows about this strategy. But what makes me interested? Your strength is in money management. Hopefully you get top position in this contest.

    Can you explain in more detail about money management that you use?
    As we know that here is still a lot of beginners, so it would not hurt if you explain in more detail and easy to understand.
    Suppose you start with $ 1,000 of deposit. How much is initial lot size? (as you say that the "Maximum initial lot from capital is 0.1%.")

    How much maximum transaction in this strategy? Example: "you divide your capital in 10 transactions". As you increase the lot size when you get a loss. So you please explain the calculation for multilevel lot size of your system.

    Thanks dear...
    Good luck

    Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

  7. #16
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Hi dear, I know this is a simple strategy, I also learned about MACD and I also had a focus on using MACD. But now I've never used again this indicator. I was interested to see your strategy, yep ... I know your strategy is simple, maybe everyone knows about this strategy. But what makes me interested? Your strength is in money management. Hopefully you get top position in this contest.
    So glad, when a senior like you can visit to my thread ..

    I think MACD is a good indicator. With just one tool, I was able to read the direction of a trend, strength of a trend, support resistance, reversal, momentum, etc.. For that reason I brought MACD as the basis of technical analysis that I use. It's a simple indi, and I also like on one simple thing.

    Well I will explain step by step on this strategy and my goal. So that beginners can understand more deeply, about the concept of a good trade, as well as using money management.

    Let me give a short lecture. In each of the strategies that already exist, I'm sure all is good. However, when I was a beginner, I am trying to implement a good strategy made by someone else, ... what happened, the result that I got is margin call. So I think what's wrong .., and I felt was followed all the instructions of existing indicators and others.
    Apparently from some evaluation, is because lack of good money management in place on that strategy. And, from there I started to developing an investment / capital well and slowly.

    Conclusion. We could not relying our trade on indicators, because indicator is just a tool. Sometimes, it can make us smile because of high accuracy, sometimes vice versa. Because we know the market is a king ... and we just followed on him.
    Location of a power of trade strategy is not on indicator, and I do not want to give suggestions that MACD is an indicator that could make us rich. However, our knowledge of money management is important here. The rest is our skills in trade and your psychology.

    I do not think can be rich from my trade, but I always thinking about how I could survive in this trade.

    to be continued....

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboLover; 06-24-2014 at 07:55 PM.

  8. #17
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    99
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    I admit your strategy is good in money management, and trade you really emphasizes the value of risk. It makes me want to know more.
    I would like to know more about the analysis that you have too.

    1. What is key to success on your strategy.
    2. If you get false signal like this picture, what you are doing. Because I do not see you have opened order at that time.

    eurusdh4.jpg

    Not allowed!

  9. #18
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Can you explain in more detail about money management that you use?
    As we know that here is still a lot of beginners, so it would not hurt if you explain in more detail and easy to understand.
    Suppose you start with $ 1,000 of deposit. How much is initial lot size? (as you say that the "Maximum initial lot from capital is 0.1%.")

    How much maximum transaction in this strategy? Example: "you divide your capital in 10 transactions". As you increase the lot size when you get a loss. So you please explain the calculation for multilevel lot size of your system.

    Thanks dear...
    Good luck
    Hello again .. it was great when I was able to explain this to all friends, especially beginners. Sorry, I need time to make this picture .., so please look at this picture .. Hope can be easier to understand.

    gbpusdh4-1.jpg

    MONEY MANAGEMENT EXPLANATION :

    As I say that the "Maximum initial lot from capital is 0.1% on $ 1000 deposit. That is 0.1% x total capital ($. 1000) = $ 100. So the risk, should not be more than 10% per I trade ( 2 times fail , 1 time success ). It should be noted, not per order. it means, in my mind there are only three chances, in every transactions I made. If really fails, then I will stop .. it means I only lose 10% of my capital, and the chance for recovery is still very open.This method has been I have used, but you better use between 5% - 10% or less than that.

    Maximum transaction that I demonstrate in this contest is, SHOULD NOT MAKE ORDER MORE THAN 3 TIMES.

    How to divide my capital in 10 transactions.

    I assume one transaction that I have to intention is 3 times my chance to make order.
    So 10 transactions = I have 30 times chance. it means I will go bankrupt / margin call if it fails as much as 20-30 times. Something is impossible for me.

    Explanation with fixed lot size :

    RISK REWARD 1 : 2 ( 1 for Risk, 2 for Reward )
    Initial capital : $ 1000
    If lot 0.10 = $ 1

    First order : loss 50 pips x 0.10 = $ 50
    Second order : loss 50 pips x 0,10 = $ 50
    Third order : profit 100 pips x 0,10 = $ 100

    Result : third trade I just get the break even point - spread. Better than loss.


    Explanation with multiple lot size

    Initial capital : $ 1000
    If lot 0.10 = $ 1

    First order : loss 20 pips x 0.10 = $ 20
    Second order : loss 20 pips x 0,10 = $ 20
    Third order : profit 40 pips x 0,20 = $ 80

    Result : third trade + $ 40 - spread.

    Conclusion

    " Please use your mind and creativity ".

    Is stop loss should be within 50 pips? No. .. depending on where I put the order entry. I only put stop loss on top support area, and under resistance area. So just count yourself how distances take profit line which should be set. Please use you knowledge, and you can modify it as you like. But do not forget. The risk is very important to be calculated.
    Should it be 3 orders in each trade? Should not just like me. As I said, use your mind and creativity. You can make a lot of chance according to your taste. And your can modify it. But not to exceeding the percentage of risk.

    Many traders wasting their time to think about how large profit that must be earned. But only a few who thinking about how large loss which ready to be accepted

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboLover; 06-26-2014 at 07:15 AM.

  10. #19
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by NZATrader View Post
    I admit your strategy is good in money management, and trade you really emphasizes the value of risk. It makes me want to know more.
    I would like to know more about the analysis that you have too.

    1. What is key to success on your strategy.
    2. If you get false signal like this picture, what you are doing. Because I do not see you have opened order at that time.

    eurusdh4.jpg
    Thank you, excellent question. I will answer it according to my knowledge. Hopefully you can understand easily.

    THE SECRET OF MACD TECHNICAL


    1. Key success, from my strategy is Money Management and Discipline. The explanation of Money Management is already provided, on page 18. I'll give you a picture why should discipline and patience to wait for a good opportunity. According to my experience, a good time to order is when the market is over. After that there was an opportunity that market make correction or reversal.
    There is a secret behind this strategy, which we can not make our position so big risk. So I suggest, better to make an order in after the signal actually arise. I will enter to make order when 4th signal raise and so on.... That is was right time to make profit. Although market is a wide trend but will not be too risky.

    eurusdh4-a.jpg

    2. We know the ECB news can make a big impact and would making any indicators can becoming false. So do not make the order, when the market is in this situation. According to my experience, counter trend strategies will be good when market is in a stable condition. Never fight the trend, because the purpose of this strategy is not like this. We have to avoid effects of fundamental and technical explanations can you see in the image below.

    eurusdh4.jpg

    "An indicator will work well if be done with discipline, and waiting for the right opportunity in accordance history of your victory".

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboLover; 06-26-2014 at 07:29 AM.

  11. #20
    Rookie rinaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,723
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 313
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboLover View Post
    So glad, when a senior like you can visit to my thread ..

    I think MACD is a good indicator. With just one tool, I was able to read the direction of a trend, strength of a trend, support resistance, reversal, momentum, etc.. For that reason I brought MACD as the basis of technical analysis that I use. It's a simple indi, and I also like on one simple thing.

    Well I will explain step by step on this strategy and my goal. So that beginners can understand more deeply, about the concept of a good trade, as well as using money management.

    Let me give a short lecture. In each of the strategies that already exist, I'm sure all is good. However, when I was a beginner, I am trying to implement a good strategy made by someone else, ... what happened, the result that I got is margin call. So I think what's wrong .., and I felt was followed all the instructions of existing indicators and others.
    Apparently from some evaluation, is because lack of good money management in place on that strategy. And, from there I started to developing an investment / capital well and slowly.

    Conclusion. We could not relying our trade on indicators, because indicator is just a tool. Sometimes, it can make us smile because of high accuracy, sometimes vice versa. Because we know the market is a king ... and we just followed on him.
    Location of a power of trade strategy is not on indicator, and I do not want to give suggestions that MACD is an indicator that could make us rich. However, our knowledge of money management is important here. The rest is our skills in trade and your psychology.

    I do not think can be rich from my trade, but I always thinking about how I could survive in this trade.

    to be continued....
    DON"T CALL ME AS A SENIOR.... Yep, I agree with your point, and I am sure all the traders who have a lot of experience will understand about this. And it would be better if you make a specific thread about your short lecture. Because I'm sure this will be useful especially for beginners.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZATrader View Post
    I admit your strategy is good in money management, and trade you really emphasizes the value of risk. It makes me want to know more.
    I would like to know more about the analysis that you have too.

    1. What is key to success on your strategy.
    2. If you get false signal like this picture, what you are doing. Because I do not see you have opened order at that time.

    eurusdh4.jpg
    Hi, NZATrader, I think you should understand that false signals are very possible in any strategy, so you should not be surprised by this. As far as you are able to anticipate the risk control, then all will be fine.
    I think Robolover already control the risks carefully, he had put a stop loss and set the lot size for each transaction. And that means he's already anticipating risk in any market conditions. If he entry when the ECB releases. (as in your picture), maybe he will get the loss, but he just lost a few percent of the margin. The most important thing is how you do a recovery. that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboLover View Post
    Hello again .. it was great when I was able to explain this to all friends, especially beginners. Sorry, I need time to make this picture .., so please look at this picture .. Hope can be easier to understand.

    gbpusdh4-1.jpg

    EXPLANATION :

    As I say that the "Maximum initial lot from capital is 0.1% on $ 1000 deposit. That is 0.1% x total capital ($. 1000) = $ 100. So the risk, should not be more than 10% per I trade ( 2 times fail , 1 time success ). It should be noted, not per order. it means, in my mind there are only three chances, in every transactions I made. If really fails, then I will stop .. it means I only lose 10% of my capital, and the chance for recovery is still very open.This method has been I have used, but you better use between 5% - 10% or less than that.

    Maximum transaction that I demonstrate in this contest is, SHOULD NOT MAKE ORDER MORE THAN 3 TIMES.

    How to divide my capital in 10 transactions.

    I assume one transaction that I have to intention is 3 times my chance to make order.
    So 10 transactions = I have 30 times chance. it means I will go bankrupt / margin call if it fails as much as 20-30 times. Something is impossible for me.

    Explanation with fixed lot size :

    RISK REWARD 1 : 2 ( 1 for Risk, 2 for Reward )
    Initial capital : $ 1000
    If lot 0.10 = $ 1

    First order : loss 50 pips x 0.10 = $ 50
    Second order : loss 50 pips x 0,10 = $ 50
    Third order : profit 100 pips x 0,10 = $ 100

    Result : third trade I just get the break even point - spread. Better than loss.


    Explanation with multiple lot size

    Initial capital : $ 1000
    If lot 0.10 = $ 1

    First order : loss 20 pips x 0.10 = $ 20
    Second order : loss 20 pips x 0,10 = $ 20
    Third order : profit 40 pips x 0,20 = $ 80

    Result : third trade + $ 40 - spread.

    Conclusion

    " Please use your mind and creativity ".

    Is stop loss should be within 50 pips? No. .. depending on where I put the order entry. I only put stop loss on top support area, and under resistance area. So just count yourself how distances take profit line which should be set. Please use you knowledge, and you can modify it as you like. But do not forget. The risk is very important to be calculated.
    Should it be 3 orders in each trade? Should not just like me. As I said, use your mind and creativity. You can make a lot of chance according to your taste. And your can modify it. But not to exceeding the percentage of risk.

    Many traders wasting their time to think about how large profit that must be earned. But only a few who thinking about how large loss which ready to be accepted
    What do you mean about "SHOULD NOT MAKE ORDER MORE THAN 3 TIMES."?
    Does this mean you give up losing in three transactions in a row? And then you start from the initial lot size?

    Are you open 3 positions in one direction. For example, you open a sell order, and then you get a loss. Are you going to open a sell order on the second transaction, and the third transaction? Or you can open a buy order and a sell order at the second and third transactions?

    As a filter indicator, sometimes you use a zigzag, and sometimes you use Bollinger bands, we know that the character from the zigzag and Bollinger Bands are almost similar. Both work by deviation. So if you find a zigzag line formed up, then it means that the price is at the upper bands (with the same deviation). Vice versa.

    I see your history are pretty good, from 17 trades total transaction, you have 11 win and 6 loss. It means you have 64% win ratio. And 1:2 risk reward ratio. Good job mate....

    Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •