"Strategy contest". Rules and requirements - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: "Strategy contest". Rules and requirements

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

"Strategy contest". Rules and requirements

«Contest of strategies» is will be held on the Forum of Roboforex company between April 30 and June 27. Any user of the Forum can join the contest. Basic rule for joining the contest is accepting present Rules and requirements.

Results will be announced June 30. Prizes will be distributed among participants June 30.

How to participate

To participate in the contest, it’s required to create a thread in the section of the Forum «Strategy contest».

One user can create up to 5 threads. New thread can be created only after previous thread is verified by moderator and gets «Contest» status.

To monitor a strategy, one should open demo-account in Roboforex trading terminal. Fill in name of your strategy in «Name» blank when opening demo account for the sake of convenience. Demo account is necessary to make screenshots describing rules of the strategy as well as executed trades.

Participant of the contest should make 5 trades or more and provide full explanation of them.
    Every post should contain description of just one trade and the following necessary information: Account number (login), investor password, currency pair, order number (from trading terminal), timeframe, entry point and destination of a trade (buy or sell), screenshot of the chart with entry/exit/stop-loss/take-profit levels and finally, description of the trade. Outcome of the trade and supporting commentaries should be published in separate posts as trade develops.

We will carefully monitor:

Copypast from third-party resources is prohibited. Moderators will check texts for copypast in Google and Yandex search engines. Participants must observe all rules for making posts.
    Trading strategies must not be equal. In case of equal strategies in separate threads, only one thread will be accepted (which was created first)

Status of thread

After checking contest thread, moderator will give it status:

[Contest] – thread is accepted for the contest
    [Modify] – thread should be modified by topic starter before next moderator’s check
    [Duplicated] – thread duplicates another thread and can’t be accepted for the contest

We will evaluate:

1. Quality of description. How accurate description of signals/entries/exits/ was? Outcome of trades will be also taken into consideration.
    2. Observing rules for posts
    3. Visibility of screenshots
    4. Trade management (examples)
    5. Interest from other users of the Forum

Every point will be evaluated according to 0-5 scale. Final score will be calculated as sum of points. Maximum score is 25 points for the tread.
    As one participant can create up to 5 threads, maximum score is 125.
    Position of participant in ratings will be defined according to final score.

Prizes

Prize fund of the contest is $800 and will be distributed as described below*:

1st place - $300
    2nd place - $200
    3rd place - $150
    4th place – $75
    5th place - $75

*all prizes will be given in form of forum bonuses and can be withdrawn to trading account associated with the forum.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 04-29-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189
    Quote Originally Posted by NZATrader View Post
    Dear Value trader, I want to ask..... is if this contest finished, all participants must continue again all their strategies (must continue to make updates). Because I hope i still can see all winners did not leave their threads. Thank you.
    It would be great if all contest participatns would continue to share their strategies, but official part of the contest is now finished, which means that no rewards will be added for keeping a thread (until the next contest will be launched).

Maybe someone will be interested in continuing sharing his ideas. Personally, I think that this contest was usefuls - users of the forum were able to watch in a real time how different strategies were performing in a current market, what obstacles traders were facing with e t.c.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    In this thread you can ask any questions conerning "Strategy contest".

Related links:

Rules and requirements of the contest
    i am very interest to join in the strategy contest. but i do not know any rule about on this, what is the requirement to join in this contest, it will very helpful for me to join.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Mark48, yap, he's getting the most profit. But unfortunately he quit after getting a loss on the last transaction, he did not continue to trade, but there is the potential to be the best if he was active until the end of the contest. congrats...
    Thanks rinaji for your valuable feedback...but i just want to clear my point that i not quit due to loss on last transaction and i never be a quitter in a business which i love much(i always get good learning from my losses)..i not only quit that contest but also i quit this business too till now due to some personal reasons..you are right if i remain active then i have a chance to show my other trading strategies too to get more good results..but getting 3rd place is not a bad for me right now..

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    [lang=id]I'm agree with you. We should have our own strategy and trading plan before enter Forex market. Without single one of them is gambling for me. What traders should be concern the most shouldn't be how much they could earn, but how much they afford to lose of[/lang]

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Thanks rinaji for the valuable feedback...but we simply want to be able to clear MY PERSONAL point The item when i not quit due to loss on last payment AND ALSO my partner and i never possibly be a great quitter with a institution that will we love much(i always take good learning from OUR losses)..i not single quit The idea contest but furthermore my spouse and i quit the particular business too till now due to help some Particular reasons..you tend to be proper no matter whether when i remain active subsequently when i make application for a chance to help show MY PERSONAL additional trading procedures too to acquire extra good results..but obtaining 3rd location can be not an bad regarding me proper now..

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 12
    Congratulation !!!!! to all five best traders. I liked Mark48's strategy. I did not know that Nkhan2810 participate the contest. I will see his strategy again. I hope I can use it to a contest. There will be more talking on the winning strategies. So that we can use them in real trading.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 9
    first thanks very much for those who arranges these competitions .i had asked in this page about how to take part in in which time I can be informed by its start. but i`m sure that there are so many persons can inform me about these information about the contests.I`m in wait for the reply of any of the members in the forum thanks a gain

Not allowed!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456