"Strategy contest". Rules and requirements - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Strategy contest". Rules and requirements

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

"Strategy contest". Rules and requirements

«Contest of strategies» is will be held on the Forum of Roboforex company between April 30 and June 27. Any user of the Forum can join the contest. Basic rule for joining the contest is accepting present Rules and requirements.

Results will be announced June 30. Prizes will be distributed among participants June 30.

How to participate

To participate in the contest, it’s required to create a thread in the section of the Forum «Strategy contest».

One user can create up to 5 threads. New thread can be created only after previous thread is verified by moderator and gets «Contest» status.

To monitor a strategy, one should open demo-account in Roboforex trading terminal. Fill in name of your strategy in «Name» blank when opening demo account for the sake of convenience. Demo account is necessary to make screenshots describing rules of the strategy as well as executed trades.

Participant of the contest should make 5 trades or more and provide full explanation of them.
    Every post should contain description of just one trade and the following necessary information: Account number (login), investor password, currency pair, order number (from trading terminal), timeframe, entry point and destination of a trade (buy or sell), screenshot of the chart with entry/exit/stop-loss/take-profit levels and finally, description of the trade. Outcome of the trade and supporting commentaries should be published in separate posts as trade develops.

We will carefully monitor:

Copypast from third-party resources is prohibited. Moderators will check texts for copypast in Google and Yandex search engines. Participants must observe all rules for making posts.
    Trading strategies must not be equal. In case of equal strategies in separate threads, only one thread will be accepted (which was created first)

Status of thread

After checking contest thread, moderator will give it status:

[Contest] – thread is accepted for the contest
    [Modify] – thread should be modified by topic starter before next moderator’s check
    [Duplicated] – thread duplicates another thread and can’t be accepted for the contest

We will evaluate:

1. Quality of description. How accurate description of signals/entries/exits/ was? Outcome of trades will be also taken into consideration.
    2. Observing rules for posts
    3. Visibility of screenshots
    4. Trade management (examples)
    5. Interest from other users of the Forum

Every point will be evaluated according to 0-5 scale. Final score will be calculated as sum of points. Maximum score is 25 points for the tread.
    As one participant can create up to 5 threads, maximum score is 125.
    Position of participant in ratings will be defined according to final score.

Prizes

Prize fund of the contest is $800 and will be distributed as described below*:

1st place - $300
    2nd place - $200
    3rd place - $150
    4th place – $75
    5th place - $75

*all prizes will be given in form of forum bonuses and can be withdrawn to trading account associated with the forum.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 04-29-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 12
    Hi, I have some questions. Today the contest is going to be end. I want to take part in strategy contest later. But i have no strategy of my own. The strategies people are using in the contest are these their own strategies? Can I use others strategies for the contest or, do I need my own strategy?

Not allowed!

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by usd100000 View Post
    Hi, I have some questions. Today the contest is going to be end. I want to take part in strategy contest later. But i have no strategy of my own. The strategies people are using in the contest are these their own strategies? Can I use others strategies for the contest or, do I need my own strategy?
    Hi. In the next contest you may take any strategy (of course, without any plagiarism). The goal of the contest is to make sure that you can use this strategy in your real trading, so it doesn't matter how do you really earn profit. But, of course, individual strategies will be more competetive (you can earn more points with your own strategy).

Nevertheless, this contest has been finished and today we are going to announce winners.

Not allowed!

Educator
    Thumbs Up

Strategy Contest - Winners announcement

In Strategy contest, there were 15 participants, we have analyzed every thread.

What parameters were taken into consideration?

1. Quality of description. How accurate description of signals/entries/exits/ was? Outcome of trades will be also taken into consideration.
    2. Observing rules for posts
    3. Visibility of screenshots
    4. Trade management (examples)
    5. Interest from other users of the Forum

Every point was evaluated in points according to 0-5 grade. Therefore, maximum points for every thread can be 25.

Final rating of every partipant was defined by summarizing his/her points for all created threads.

Not allowed!

Educator
    Thumbs Up

Winners

1st place - Nkhan2810.

1. Flexible Money Management - 20 points
    2. Use of Pin-Bar indicator in 50:50 trading - 20 points
    3. Scalping using trending candles - 20 points

Final score - 60 points.

We congratulate Nkhan2810 with the first place. He will be awarded with $300 on his forum account.

2nd place - rinaji.

2. Awsome Stochastic - 25 points.

Final score - 25 points.

We congratulate rinaji with the 2nd place. He will be awarded with $200 on his forum account.

3rd place - Mark48.

1. Simple But Very Effective Strategy - 24 points.

Final score - 24 points.

We congratulate Mark48 with the 3rd place in the contest. He will be arawded with $150 on his forum account.

4th place - Lawners1791.

1. Lawners Scalping - 23 points

Final score - 23 points.

We congratulate Lawners1791 with the 4th place in the contest. He will be arawded with $75 on his forum account.

5th place - Robolover.

1. Trading made simple by MACD levels - 22 points.

Final score - 22 points.

We congratulate Robolover with the 5th place in the contest. He will be arawded with $75 on his forum account.

Prizes in the form of forum account bonuses will be sent today. We thank everybody for participating and congratulate winners!

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 06-30-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 204
    Thank you very much Value trader for publishing the result. I am very happy to be on the first place of the contest. I know I have won as I had three different strategies. I also want to congratulate rinaji, Mark48, Lawners1791 and Robolover for their nice strategies and their win. It is really awesome felling. I really enjoyed it. Thanks admin, moderator and roboforex for arranging such beautiful and fruitful contest.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Although I as a viewer, but I am very happy with this announcement. All winners, .. very appropriate be given this award.

I'll SAY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL , you guys are so great ... Cheers ....

We waiting for the next contest.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Actually I know that Nkhan2810 is the best, I know he will be number one, congrats to him.
    OMG... I get second place, I do not believe it, but I know that the assessment criteria for the winners is not only of "trading results" / acquisition, but there are a lot of factors, very thank you for all.
    Mark48, yap, he's getting the most profit. But unfortunately he quit after getting a loss on the last transaction, he did not continue to trade, but there is the potential to be the best if he was active until the end of the contest. congrats...
    Lawners1791, he deserves to get the position, he was active until the end of the contest, but unfortunately he just thinks that the valuation is from the acquisition of profit as in the demo contest in general. Congrats ...
    Robolover, He was very good, able to provide an explanation for each question members, including me, probably his mistakes, which is not too focused on this contest, so he did not make a deal for a lot of signals from his strategies.

I did not find Ashviniurs (Moving Average with Pivot) in the position, maybe he deserves to get the position, but unfortunately he late for the contest, he only had two weeks to trade, so can not give an overall overview of the performance of his strategy.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 204
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Actually I know that Nkhan2810 is the best, I know he will be number one, congrats to him.
    OMG... I get second place, I do not believe it, but I know that the assessment criteria for the winners is not only of "trading results" / acquisition, but there are a lot of factors, very thank you for all.
    Mark48, yap, he's getting the most profit. But unfortunately he quit after getting a loss on the last transaction, he did not continue to trade, but there is the potential to be the best if he was active until the end of the contest. congrats...
    Lawners1791, he deserves to get the position, he was active until the end of the contest, but unfortunately he just thinks that the valuation is from the acquisition of profit as in the demo contest in general. Congrats ...
    Robolover, He was very good, able to provide an explanation for each question members, including me, probably his mistakes, which is not too focused on this contest, so he did not make a deal for a lot of signals from his strategies.

I did not find Ashviniurs (Moving Average with Pivot) in the position, maybe he deserves to get the position, but unfortunately he late for the contest, he only had two weeks to trade, so can not give an overall overview of the performance of his strategy.
    Thanks for your assessment to participants. I think forum admin and moderator had good look to the contestant and made the result. I mentioned in my thread that I would have not been on the first place if I had not three strategies. All points added and I got to the first place. Actually I think you deserve the place with your 25 points out of 25.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Dear Value trader, I want to ask..... is if this contest finished, all participants must continue again all their strategies (must continue to make updates). Because I hope i still can see all winners did not leave their threads. Thank you.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    OMG I got 5th position. Thanks to .. RoboForex, Forum Admin, and all friends who supporting me.

nkhan2810 ... you are indeed the best. All of your strategies was incredible.
    rinaji... you are great, your strategy has own charismatic. So it can make others interested.
    Mark48... You're the fastest, and the amount of profit you have made ​​people was astonished.
    Lawners1791... You have the best scalping strategy.

Congratulations and I learn from you all.

Not allowed!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast